Scotland game

Glasbhoy81

Anyone else happy we never went for Clarke as manager.
Plays Christie as a 10, he's been shite all season, turnbull has been playing alot better than him.
Dykes upfront lol the guy has scored 34 goals in his full career, an average of 4.25 goals a season. Nisbet is a far better striker.
No wingers getting played when you have forrest & Fraser sitting on the bench .
Out after one game.
Typical Scotland

TBF if it was typical Scotland we wouldn't even be there. I think a few players froze in the first half - O'Donnell and Dykes for instance took a while to get into it (in fact O'Donnell probably should have been hooked for Forrest).
If I had one complaint it would be we were cautious in a game we had to be brave and now we'll have to be brave in games we could have been cautious had we won.
Tough before game to lose Tierney and throw perperations up in the air. Just glad to be part of it this time around. Czech's looked decent but vulnerable through the centre of defence but they covered their weak areas well. We had enough to get at least a draw today, we lacked the quality and composure when we created chances and assisted our own downfall with some decision making.
Clarke will do me as an international manager, doesn't fit the bill as a Celtic boss. Half expected our board to go for him though. Like Larry said delighted with Ange appointment. Perhaps we could employ Clarke for away European ties :)

Anyone else happy we never went for Clarke as manager.
Plays Christie as a 10, he's been shite all season, turnbull has been playing alot better than him.
Dykes upfront lol the guy has scored 34 goals in his full career, an average of 4.25 goals a season. Nisbet is a far better striker.
No wingers getting played when you have forrest & Fraser sitting on the bench .
Out after one game.
Typical Scotland
Think he thought somehow playing Christie that it wid be tighter somehow but Adams wid have had them panicking look wit happened wen he came on it was a mistake but it happens that's fitbaw we will need a draw against St George's wankers we cud beat Croatia but will we🤷

Still believe the Scots were unlucky today.
At this level, not taking chances and poor decision making can cost teams dearly and so was the case for Scotland today.
Both goals could have easily been avoided,
Should never get an easy overlap from a corner at this level, and shot was never on from hendry when so much space to his right.
Even so, enough great opportunities with a bit more luck and been more clinical would have given the Scots something out of the game imo.
Uphill struggle now, but still not one that can't be achieved

At this level, not taking chances and poor decision making can cost teams dearly and so was the case for Scotland today.
Should never get an easy overlap from a corner at this level, and shot was never on from hendry when so much space to his right.
Even so, enough great opportunities with a bit more luck and been more clinical would have given the Scots something out of the game imo.
I actually thought Scotland had the better chances today but we were lacking a good goalscorer. Adams and Forrest have to start from now on to give us more firepower up front.

I can understand a goalie hanging about the 18 yard line when we are attacking in case he needs to race out to cover a through ball but not over 40 yards off of his line - that said it was an incredible shot. That goal knocked the stuffing out of us.

I actually thought Scotland had the better chances today but we were lacking a good goalscorer. Adams and Forrest have to start from now on to give us more firepower up front.

I can understand a goalie hanging about the 18 yard line when we are attacking in case he needs to race out to cover a through ball but not over 40 yards off of his line - that said it was an incredible shot. That goal knocked the stuffing out of us.
Part of the modern game BB, with the game so focused on possession, keepers now play like a sweeper for the shorter back pass if needed.
When it goes wrong, then pure class will always make the keeper look in the wrong, not to many could have hit such a shot to be so clinical, but like I said easily avoidable

Part of the modern game BB, with the game so focused on possession, keepers now play like a sweeper for the shorter back pass if needed.
When it goes wrong, then pure class will always make the keeper look in the wrong, not to many could have hit such a shot to be so clinical, but like I said easily avoidable
He was playing in the position of a sweeper, he was that far up the pitch he was more like a defensive Mid.
We had the ball in their half, absolutely no need or reason for him to be 40 yards out his area. Maybe he was trying to get his 10000 steps a day up

Begs the question how much he was missed in this dumpster fire of a season. I would say he was missed a lot.
100%, huge loss. It would have made no discernible difference to the outcome of the title, but no matter what some think to his impact in Derbies etc just look at his stats. Ange's first name on the teamsheet. Needs a supporting cast though. Now hitting thirty, he deserves cover.

very fair summation JN

He was playing in the position of a sweeper, he was that far up the pitch he was more like a defensive Mid.
We had the ball in their half, absolutely no need or reason for him to be 40 yards out his area. Maybe he was trying to get his 10000 steps a day up
I'd blame Clarke rather than Marshall. Whole team pushed up. If Marshall was 20 yards deeper and the striker broke, he'd have had a clear run rather than once in a lifetime shot. We'd then be asking how come he wasn't pushed up to sweep. Deffo a coaches call for starting position and Hendry unlucky. Probably coached to play the ball wide but saw a chance to shoot. Culmination of bad luck that goal.

I'd blame Clarke rather than Marshall. Whole team pushed up. If Marshall was 20 yards deeper and the striker broke, he'd have had a clear run rather than once in a lifetime shot. We'd then be asking how come he wasn't pushed up to sweep. Deffo a coaches call for starting position and Hendry unlucky. Probably coached to play the ball wide but saw a chance to shoot. Culmination of bad luck that goal.
Now would Henry of taken the shot on if forrest was on the right instead of O'Donnell?
I don't think he would. I think the manager got his starting line up all wrong. He never set up to win the game, instead he set-up to contain the Czechs.

I'd be surprised if such a naturally over-cautious manager like Clarke would insist on his goalie standing 40 yards of his line. Having said that, it was a lucky rebound and an amazing finish that probably would have missed 99 times out of 100.

Members online

Latest posts

Back