Scotland game

That's a wee bit unfair johnno it was an achievement for us to qualify even through the backdoor serbia were favourites, the team gave us the belief that we could qualify after the Wembley performance before that most had given up the ghost. Croatia might have never beaten us before that game but they are the world cup runners up with balloon door winner modric ( younger than Ronaldo) and it was the first time we saw the real Croatia strips ( that's really what happened psychological meltdown at the sight of they diamonds 😆) population only means so much as ireland Wales Denmark Sweden and many more have shown. Clarke was too defensive v the Czechs meaning we had to be offensive against the English then Croatia. Thats surprising given wed beaten the Czechs twice that was the game to go for it. The players I can't really fault all played well 1 crazy goalie moment aside which all sides suffer from at some time but Marshall was still largely impressive. Clarke says well learn from this and I hope he stays but he must learn the importance of winning that first game for a nation like us. The England draw wouldbe seen us qualified if wed been more offensive. For me just being there was brilliant, the Wembley draw Ferdinand eating humble pie and calmac goal and hopefully Clarke can take us into the next one tbh I wasnt sure I'd ever see us qualified again. HH
Marshall,Adams,O'Donnell,McTominay ,Dykes ,Armstrong are all bang average players .Cannot believe some fans want O'Donnell signed ,one decent game against England and hes a world beater .Griff should be embarassed he never got picked because that front two couldnae score in a barrel of fannies

Scotland got picked off by absolute class; big players in big moments in the biggest games - Modric worldy, Peresic perfect flick to score, and won the knockdown for their opener.

Nothing much Stevie Clarke could do when the Croats turned it on. His biggest mistake was leaving Calmac out of the Czech game - that was the one we needed midfield dominance to get something from.

Scotland got picked off by absolute class; big players in big moments in the biggest games - Modric worldy, Peresic perfect flick to score, and won the knockdown for their opener.

Nothing much Stevie Clarke could do when the Croats turned it on. His biggest mistake was leaving Calmac out of the Czech game - that was the one we needed midfield dominance to get something from.
Aye that was a game we couldve won but they have been regulars at tournament football and we have to get back to that level. I was very disappointed with 3 strikers named ( same no. as goalies ) left us with no plan B we might be a country with not many quality strikers but we didnt embarras ourselves apart from the Marshall moment v the Czechs we were always in that game before that. And the croats result was fair enough they turned up when they had to and have now beaten Scotland for the first time ever. I do think Clarke can get us into the runners up spot in our wc group 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Members online

Latest posts

Back