Scotland game

6 points means you qualify for the next round. Scotland always had to win two matches. The next match is win or go home as is the final match.
Not really

As it stands

Scotland 0

Croatia 0

England 3

Czech 3

Scotland draw with England

Croatia beats Czech

Scotland 1

Croatia 3

England 4

Czech 3

Scotland beat Croatia

England beat Czech

Scotland 4

Croatia 3

England 7

Czech 3

How many times has the BBC & ITV shown that alky wife-beater's Euro '96 goal against us? Honestly, it is shown multiple times every single fecking programme irrespective as to who is actually playing.

Aye, it was an amazing goal but come on to feck. How would the Guffies like it if the Hand of God was repeatedly shown at every game? Fecking arseholes. 🤬🤬🤬

How many times has the BBC & ITV shown that alky wife-beater's Euro '96 goal against us? Honestly, it is shown multiple times every single fecking programme irrespective as to who is actually playing.

Aye, it was an amazing goal but come on to feck. How would the Guffies like it if the Hand of God was repeatedly shown at every game? Fecking arseholes. 🤬🤬🤬
Good goal but that diddy Hendry made it easy for him

Anyone else happy we never went for Clarke as manager.
Plays Christie as a 10, he's been shite all season, turnbull has been playing alot better than him.
Dykes upfront lol the guy has scored 34 goals in his full career, an average of 4.25 goals a season. Nisbet is a far better striker.
No wingers getting played when you have forrest & Fraser sitting on the bench .
Out after one game.
Typical Scotland
Dropped Calmac when he desperately needed to start him in the middle beside McTominay to get a grip on the game with some serious possession, and build from there.

Instead, left us wide open and turned it into an end-to-end skirmish where the odds fell on the side of the team with the best strikers; quite evidently those bams.

Scotland's current strength is the midfield; Clarke diluted it, bizarrely. Same set-up gets savaged at wembley. However, starting Calmac, adding KT, we stand a decent shout of stiffing those arrogant pricks. Their humiliation would be epic.

As for Corpus, hiding all season just to get the brass neck of a half-time hook on the big stage; that's karma for ye, ya shiftless wee dick. New Celtic contract offer - ten bob a week, a can of Irn Bru, and some duct tape for those lugs.

Last edited:
For us losing KT is massive. We have a good decent squad filled with top players now but the team has to show more fight and belief in themselves. Clarke got his selection wrong for me as well. The side who finished the game shouldve been the side who started but Clarke's defensive tendencies had us on the back foot. Being defensive against a Czech side we couldve and have beaten has left us needing to be more offensive than perhaps we wouldve had to be against probably the best England side for years. We didn't deserve to lose by 2 and that 2nd goal, like past tournaments could turn out to be more costly than any. This group could see England on 9 and the other three on 3 pts a piece so gd is important its cost us many times before. I watched Wales yesterday and the difference having a genuine star in the side in Gareth Bale has to the mentality of the team is immense. He was absolutely fantastic against the Turks and at his world class best. That last minute run and cut back from the corner flag for the 2nd when most other teams wouldve held the ball and wasted precious seconds was just outstanding. He brings the best out of the rest of a pretty ordinary Welsh side on paper. His passing and all round game was sublime. He missed a penalty that he had won and how he won that was also quality. Fooled the ref played for it. We dont have a Bale but a fit KT could galvanise us like Bale does Wales. Unfortunately it looks like KT wont play v England and I'd love Clarke to unleash Turnbull beside McGinn, i wasnt convinced by mctominey ( though that may have been due to Clarke's tactics) we need to be a different proposition from the side who lost the czech game or it could be very predictable against them. The team looked a nervous one when we should be enjoying just being there and being a part of it. It's a good thing that we are such massive underdogs I think we play better with that tag. I want to see the team with a freedom to our play I think Turnbull can give us that but given he was a last minute call up it may well be gilmour he turns to. We didn't look out of place but need more urgency in our play. If Clarke tries to contain the English I'd fear that scenario. Play our flair players Forrest for one Adam's another and these players can make things happen. On a last note was I the only one who saw Griffiths in the crowd v Czech and felt let down again that he wasnt fit to even be in the squad? The English fear Griffiths as they should and he is another huge miss. This is the derby of all derbies and anything can happen we have to press quicker though and take a leaf out of the Welsh sides attitude. Mon the Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
For us losing KT is massive. We have a good decent squad filled with top players now but the team has to show more fight and belief in themselves. Clarke got his selection wrong for me as well. The side who finished the game shouldve been the side who started but Clarke's defensive tendencies had us on the back foot. Being defensive against a Czech side we couldve and have beaten has left us needing to be more offensive than perhaps we wouldve had to be against probably the best England side for years. We didn't deserve to lose by 2 and that 2nd goal, like past tournaments could turn out to be more costly than any. This group could see England on 9 and the other three on 3 pts a piece so gd is important its cost us many times before. I watched Wales yesterday and the difference having a genuine star in the side in Gareth Bale has to the mentality of the team is immense. He was absolutely fantastic against the Turks and at his world class best. That last minute run and cut back from the corner flag for the 2nd when most other teams wouldve held the ball and wasted precious seconds was just outstanding. He brings the best out of the rest of a pretty ordinary Welsh side on paper. His passing and all round game was sublime. He missed a penalty that he had won and how he won that was also quality. Fooled the ref played for it. We dont have a Bale but a fit KT could galvanise us like Bale does Wales. Unfortunately it looks like KT wont play v England and I'd love Clarke to unleash Turnbull beside McGinn, i wasnt convinced by mctominey ( though that may have been due to Clarke's tactics) we need to be a different proposition from the side who lost the czech game or it could be very predictable against them. The team looked a nervous one when we should be enjoying just being there and being a part of it. It's a good thing that we are such massive underdogs I think we play better with that tag. I want to see the team with a freedom to our play I think Turnbull can give us that but given he was a last minute call up it may well be gilmour he turns to. We didn't look out of place but need more urgency in our play. If Clarke tries to contain the English I'd fear that scenario. Play our flair players Forrest for one Adam's another and these players can make things happen. On a last note was I the only one who saw Griffiths in the crowd v Czech and felt let down again that he wasnt fit to even be in the squad? The English fear Griffiths as they should and he is another huge miss. This is the derby of all derbies and anything can happen we have to press quicker though and take a leaf out of the Welsh sides attitude. Mon the Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
A good summation Winter. I do like Clarke as a coach but his instincts are always to err on being defensive. Really we should have been more adventurous in that first game as it was our best chance of getting 3 points. Mind you, it was an unbelievable piece of bad luck/extraordinary piece of skill/unnecessary goalkeeping decision that resulted in their outrageous 2nd goal against the run of play when we were very threatening.

I wonder what Griffiths was thinking watching it in the stands. This could have been a glorious season for him - winning 10IAR, a quadruple treble and then competing in the Euros and instead he let so many people down with his unprofessionalism.

I'd be starting Forrest and Adam too, and would play Turnbull behind Adam to bring in extra tenacity and flair - but I don't think he will. We really did miss Tierney and the thought of him and Robertson rampaging down that left hand side would put the fear into most defences - plus their defences abilities aren't too shabby either. CalMac has had a poor season but I thought he should have started that last game too.

Gilmour can be a good impact sub but this needs to be after an hour rather than with less than 10 minutes to go. Dykes can be brought on later if we still need a goal but we do miss a quality out-and-out striker who is a reliable goal-scorer.

Back