Scotland game

A good summation Winter. I do like Clarke as a coach but his instincts are always to err on being defensive. Really we should have been more adventurous in that first game as it was our best chance of getting 3 points. Mind you, it was an unbelievable piece of bad luck/extraordinary piece of skill/unnecessary goalkeeping decision that resulted in their outrageous 2nd goal against the run of play when we were very threatening.

I wonder what Griffiths was thinking watching it in the stands. This could have been a glorious season for him - winning 10IAR, a quadruple treble and then competing in the Euros and instead he let so many people down with his unprofessionalism.

I'd be starting Forrest and Adam too, and would play Turnbull behind Adam to bring in extra tenacity and flair - but I don't think he will. We really did miss Tierney and the thought of him and Robertson rampaging down that left hand side would put the fear into most defences - plus their defences abilities aren't too shabby either. CalMac has had a poor season but I thought he should have started that last game too.

Gilmour can be a good impact sub but this needs to be after an hour rather than with less than 10 minutes to go. Dykes can be brought on later if we still need a goal but we do miss a quality out-and-out striker who is a reliable goal-scorer.
I confess to not having seen a great deal of Gilmour though what I have seen has been impressive and at the level hes playing at too. He is a champions league winner I would worry he may be too lightweight to start the game there will be likely be a few meaty tackles, after an hour sounds like a good call though he has been doing it for Chelsea and we must do something different. Clarke as well , this is the pinnacle of his career so far and possibly ever. The way he sets up the team for this and how it performs could propel him to legendary status were Scotland to win this game. Just a little daydream of what that possibility would feel like is mouthwateringly sweet . Those smarmy breakfast tv and news readers how I'd love nothing more than for them to be reporting on another England shitshow this time at the hands of Scotland. I heard on the news earlier that only if you can show you've been double vaccinated will you be allowed entry to Wembley. That's really controversial if it's true was on telly.

Stevie Clarke made the same fatal mistake that every manager who ever got a team promoted made.

He decided to stay loyal to the players who got them there and paid the price.

Corpus was an empty shirt for most of the season and O'Donnell has a fine name but not much else beyond that. We know Jack Hendry is a farmyard animal and Marsh (God bless him) always has a rick in him.

Clarke stumbled across a decent midfield against Holland due to Covid precautions. Instead of trying to shoehorn in your supposedly big names, why not just actually pick the players that'll ask the relevant questions?

Or pick the players on form na I’ll fuck it my way
Pretty much every Scottish manager ever
Stays loyal to his players good in the league usually but international teams work better with inform players. Hungry players
(Got them in the sweep wi N Macedonia and Portugal) ah well
Hope we win that’s all I’ve got

HH 🙏

I can understand how loyalty to players wins trust for managers - the players know that they won't be thrown under a bus if they have an off-day. But it can quickly descend into too much loyalty when favourites who have lost form get picked regardless then it becomes a massive problem.

I think we witnessed just how much of a shitshow this can become at Parkhead this season when a management team fall into this trap. And due to the much smaller number of games, an international manager has to be even more wary as even just one or two defeats/draws can result in elimination or failure to qualify.

Not Very smart of the tartan Army to travel like they did... extremely reckless, selfish and hypocritical not to condemn them IMO
I did think that after watching the news last night, most of them in their teens or twenties so can’t be vaccinated yet, no masks and no social distancing, it’s like the last 15 months never happened, coming hard of the heels of the Huns public displays it’s no wonder wee Nicola won’t let fans into stadiums, .....3rd wave incoming 😡

Not Very smart of the tartan Army to travel like they did... extremely reckless, selfish and hypocritical not to condemn them IMO
I did think that after watching the news last night, most of them in their teens or twenties so can’t be vaccinated yet, no masks and no social distancing, it’s like the last 15 months never happened, coming hard of the heels of the Huns public displays it’s no wonder wee Nicola won’t let fans into stadiums, .....3rd wave incoming 😡

Just read this one. It's quite unbelievable. The UK Gov, being blackmailed and backing down for 2.500 V.I.P's from UEFA.
This is the same Gov that took us out of Europe in the 1st place.

It's not to be spoken about. It's only if it celtic or sevco fans doing stuff that the press and the government jump on it.
But this is the tartan army lol the SNP love them

Just read this one. It's quite unbelievable. The UK Gov, being blackmailed and backing down for 2.500 V.I.P's from UEFA.
This is the same Gov that took us out of Europe in the 1st place.

Personally I would tell UEFA if you want the VIP's to attend the final, tell them to enter the country 11 days before. If they don't want to , go fuck yourself.
International Football is pretty shite anyway. How many decent games have been played so far, 3.
Who really wants to watch Poland v Slovakia or Ukraine v North Macedonia.

Passion Trumps brains Docco you’ll find the Medja loved the Huns in George Square showering each other with Covid19 love bombs. Loved the Scotland players doing the Yes Sir Boogie in the Hampdump dressing rooms Slippy and a full car driving aboot Ipox And the high jinx of Hun players partying but Scott Brown having a drink ootside hang the Bastard. Boli flying out shoot on site Different rules for Fenian’s than Huns.

HH 😱

Quite evident after tonight's performance, that Stevie Clarke reads this blog for inspiration.

Told ye to play Calmac in the middle beside McTerminator, Stevie, and it worked a treat. Even reformed Hun, wee Gilmour, benefitted.

MOTM for me, Grant Hanley, for stifling lisping covert-rapist Kane into oblivion. KT also magnificent.

But Calmac's reinforcing presence is the key to overwhelming Modric in the Croatia mid, and getting into the knockouts. Tune in Monday, Stevie, we'll have the team ready by then...

Members online

Latest posts

Back