Scotland v Belgium - Monday 9 Sept - Another Must Win Match for Scotland

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Hide behind the sofa folks, this could get very messy.

Scotland apparently must win this match against the highest ranked team in the world who have won against Scotland last autumn in a friendly and in the Euro qualifier in June in Brussels.

Surely Ryan Christie gets a start tonight. Can see James Forrest dropping to the bench, he always seems to be their fall guy, yet it is because of him that we have that Play-off insurance policy in the bag.

Expect a 2-0 defeat.

Your thoughts?

Admire your optimism, WCB, I'd have gone 0-4 myself, but I'd settle for 0-2 now and no injuries.

Stevie Clarke has to find a set-up for the play-offs, so I don't expect anything more than an organised team with little attacking intent. That should be enough to take our boys out of the firing line tonight and hopefully minimise the risk of picking up a knock or two.

Perhaps the country's administrators should pick the brains of their Belgian counterparts to see how a relatively small nation with 11 million people can produce the talent to the level that they do. I hope Belgium's success isn't based on transparency, fairness, equality, investment and properly qualified people though; otherwise - we are totally screwed!

Hide behind the sofa folks, this could get very messy.

Scotland apparently must win this match against the highest ranked team in the world who have won against Scotland last autumn in a friendly and in the Euro qualifier in June in Brussels.

Surely Ryan Christie gets a start tonight. Can see James Forrest dropping to the bench, he always seems to be their fall guy, yet it is because of him that we have that Play-off insurance policy in the bag.

Expect a 2-0 defeat.

Your thoughts?
I expct Scotland to get thumped 4-0 at least

Back