Scotland's Top Tim Town

Get back to me gettin sent to govan for ma holidays...does that no qualify me fur a pension or somethin,...counselling even?...sympathy? ffs help!!

Portobello we went to lol. Well that and whitley bay. See when i think the places i seen since growing up (well not fully lol) and look back on those holidays its like night and day but back in the day most people holidayed here. Took me back there.... memories are good eh?

HH pal ☘️

Actually I am Drumchapelese!....so I say Drumchapel is the top Tim town cos it's got a chapel in it Drum- chapel!!!....beat that!...I rest my case.

Stayed in barrowfield for 2 yrs boab. Wibnae say it wiz one of ours. Lol. When ol big ears married Diana place wiz hoaching with union flags bunting etc. Street parties ah didnae attend wiz too busy drinking in Bairds bar cursing the lot of them. Maybe Cleland is a shout for towns. HH m8. ☘️
When I first left home, a long time ago, I was in digs in Cleland, somehow I managed to stay with what must have been the only Rangers supporting family in the whole place! I spent my whole time in a wee box room and only lasted six months before I moved on, unfortunately I never got to know anyone else who lived in the town.

When I first left home, a long time ago, I was in digs in Cleland, somehow I managed to stay with what must have been the only Rangers supporting family in the whole place! I spent my whole time in a wee box room and only lasted six months before I moved on, unfortunately I never got to know anyone else who lived in the town.
That might have been a good thing!

Definitely Renfrew :p

Kicking about there with hoops on in the 90s was pretty character building. I think I figured out in the 00s that the zombies, as they became, would leave us alone beyond Sharkeys. Pickwicks and The Knights were never subjected to Hunnish acts. They must not like water.

I'm in Royston. I'm from the south side and have to say, never seen a place with pretty much all Celtic fans like it is here. 2 pubs, Garngad and Budgie. Both hard core Celtic. Fireworks after every decent win. Hibs parade twice a year. I know the family that supports Rangers publicly cause the 2 sons wear the tops (never seen any trouble for them either considering they are the only 2). If any place is more Green than here I haven't seen it.

Kicking about there with hoops on in the 90s was pretty character building. I think I figured out in the 00s that the zombies, as they became, would leave us alone beyond Sharkeys. Pickwicks and The Knights were never subjected to Hunnish acts. They must not like water.
Walking up the Ayr Road between 2000-2011 was pretty sad. Cars would fly by me and the mates and you'd regularly hear FENIan bast... fade away cause they'd be doing 60. This happened every weekend my entire childhood every time you went to the road. We thought it was hilarious to be honest.

Our bhoys n ghirls are tough characters.

Fear of water
Perhaps thats because baptism is the only sacrament that anyone can do, or perhaps its a fear of being cleansed haha

??

South Lanarkshire is a mix bag. I spent a bit of time there then moved to Ayr for a few years early high school then then back up. I was always in mixed schools. Less Tim's in Ayr...No surprise. I always felt sorry for those poor families of Canadian beavers you used to see at the housing down there.
"Hey buddy... um were here aye...because on the Google there were plenty of lodges down this way No?"
Poor little furry feckers that travelled all that way and ended up kipping on the polished floors of the many masons halls. Half of them disappeared and were turned into gloves, hats and jackets for the masters wife. True story

Last edited:
Back