Scott Allan

stubhoy77

We’re told from our manager that Scott’s a great lad,does his training and is great to work with.It’s in instances like this were I question our managers view on certain players.Now I’m not suggesting that Scott Allan is good enough long term to be a first team regular but surely at some point this season he should have been given game time,if the managers saying he’s good in training and been a good lad all round.He came on for us against Ajax and his first touch was putting Leigh Griffiths through on goal and last season while on loan at Dundee came on against sevco and had a huge effect on the final outcome.Looking at what’s happened with Ryan Christie I just feel there’s potential there and it’s always good to have home grown players in the first team,considering as well we’re taking on loan players for 4 and a half months.Any opinions?HH

Last edited:
I thought he would've got a better chance this season with Armstrong not being replaced, seems like Christie has put an end to any chance he'll have with us. For his own sake he needs a move and he could be used as leverage to get Ryan Porteous from Hibs hopefully.

This assist was quality though

Last edited:
Not trying to be a phud here but Scott Alan is a great football player. Some players are suited to some teams better than others.
Not saying that Celtic were to big for the bhoy. Look at GSM thriving at dolly. Look at Allan at hibs tremendous.its where he feels comfortable mibbee talking 10 pails of pish here but there's got to be something in it.

Not trying to be a phud here but Scott Alan is a great football player. Some players are suited to some teams better than others.
Not saying that Celtic were to big for the bhoy. Look at GSM thriving at dolly. Look at Allan at hibs tremendous.its where he feels comfortable mibbee talking 10 pails of pish here but there's got to be something in it.
allan good player, but the jersey disnae shrink,mibbe hibs is his level! HH

I think he’s a good player but if BR doesn’t seem him fitting into his style then it doesn’t matter how well he does in training. He could be doing great but the others are doing better in the positions he’d be looking to fill.

It’d be good for him to get away, he’d do a great job for someone

He should be approaching the peak of his career but if he's played 100 games in total I 'll be surprised. Think he's said early on at DU he might have been badly advised re the move to WBrom, but his lack of game time means he's in danger of losing a promising career due to stunted development. Brendas minds made up on him going fwd.

But as previous have said he could end up a smashing player for someone

Wish him luck.

I think he’s a good player but if BR doesn’t seem him fitting into his style then it doesn’t matter how well he does in training. He could be doing great but the others are doing better in the positions he’d be looking to fill.

It’d be good for him to get away, he’d do a great job for someone

It’d be good for him to get away, he’d do a great job for someone,
aye he can paint my ceiling

I don't know why we signed him. Not by any stretch a shite player but for me never has been and never will be a Celtic player. Good luck to him, I'd Let him go for nothing, waste of a wage.

Only reason i think we signed him was 2 stick 2 fingers up 2 sevco,the lad clearly has talent but dont think he was giving a fair crack of the whip,but could b argued was down 2 the strength in that position,good luck to him were ever he ends up,as long as he dosnt end up with them other people

Members online

Latest posts

Back