Scotty Sinclair

Morgan was signed at 21 for £250,000 as far as I remember. At about the same age Sinclair was sold by Chelsea to Swansea for £500000. He had been at Chelsea since he was about 16 so he failed to make it at a big club and was sold off to a small club. Morgan made it at a small club and got the chance to go prove himself at a big club. I wouldn't give up on the lad yet; he still has potential. Sinclair won't get any better but should still be able to contribute when called upon. If he stays professional and keeps fit he'll be ready should the need arise and will be keeping up his end of the contract. Celtic have to pay him regardless and you'd think the club would want some return on the expense but there is the lesson of Big Bobo's final seasons.

Morgan was signed at 21 for £250,000 as far as I remember. At about the same age Sinclair was sold by Chelsea to Swansea for £500000. He had been at Chelsea since he was about 16 so he failed to make it at a big club and was sold off to a small club. Morgan made it at a small club and got the chance to go prove himself at a big club. I wouldn't give up on the lad yet; he still has potential. Sinclair won't get any better but should still be able to contribute when called upon. If he stays professional and keeps fit he'll be ready should the need arise and will be keeping up his end of the contract. Celtic have to pay him regardless and you'd think the club would want some return on the expense but there is the lesson of Big Bobo's final seasons.
Professional

Better players than him in the squad at the min. Still a good player to call upon, but he just hasn’t hit the same level as when he 1st came, he’s declined since his 1st season. And stop with this crap about it’s a disgrace how the club have treated him, theres poor people out there working there arse off and still scrapping a living. If anything the club has been good to him extending his contract for 12 months. Sitting in the stands or on the bench he’s still earning more in a week than what most earn in a year, so wise up with that shite talk.

Better players than him in the squad at the min. Still a good player to call upon, but he just hasn’t hit the same level as when he 1st came, he’s declined since his 1st season. And stop with this crap about it’s a disgrace how the club have treated him, theres poor people out there working there arse off and still scrapping a living. If anything the club has been good to him extending his contract for 12 months. Sitting in the stands or on the bench he’s still earning more in a week than what most earn in a year, so wise up with that shite talk.
Somebody pish in yer cornflakes Aidy....... 61 goals fae a winger,17 last season,same as Jamesie, and he's pish!

Somebody pish in yer cornflakes Aidy....... 61 goals fae a winger,17 last season,same as Jamesie, and he's pish!
MD - I don't remember anyone saying he is pish, but his performances have definitely dropped away alarmingly since the amazing high of the invincible season. Sadly, this is a recurring theme in his career where he starts well at a new club then drops away. He certainly has the talent and I hope his hunger has returned, as he still has the potential & skills to make a decent contribution to this historic season.

I've posted this before, but the 17 goals stat for last season is impressive but doesn't tell the full story. After his brilliant Boxing Day hat-trick against the Mutton Molestors, he then was on the pitch for over 14 hours against the other Top 6 bigger teams plus Valencia in Europe and did not contribute a single goal or assist, which is an extremely poor return for one of our most senior, experienced and highest paid players (although he did contribute a goal in each game of the 4-0, 3-0 & 4-1 routs of St Mirren, Hamilton & Motherwell in this period). In fact, he only scored in 2 Premier League matches against the fellow Top 6 finishers (a total of 4 goals against Aberdeen), but we do still want players who can put the ball in the net against the smaller teams.

Even before the drop-off in goals & assists it appeared to me that his overall performances had fallen away as well. More often than not he got the ball, ran forward a few yards then turned round and passed it backwards instead of driving in at pace like he did before.

He is undoubtedly a Celtic hero for his massive contributions to our historic treble treble and is a much loved member of the Celtic family. I still hope that he will come good again for us and maybe him being sidelined over the last couple of months is the boot up the arse he needed to get his drive back and he will grab his opportunity to show Lenny he deserves to be playing regularly - in this case then it must go down as clever man-management by Lennon, as well as a show of guts and determination from a highly paid professional.

Members online

Latest posts

Back