See what happens when we stop backward passing

BILLCOWIE1958

I reckon this was our best game since we beat HUNS 5-0 at the end of last season

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the change from our continual back passing and as a result 6 goals?

This is the way I am used to seeing Celtic play and proves we can still do it

No sign of dressing room disharmony today ?

Play the game the way we can and we will obliterate rest of SPFL

Treble Treble anyone?

HH?

Scott Brown is a legend but with him out the team Boyata actually passed the ball forward at every opportunity. Seems when broony is there...he comes deep and facilitates the side to side passes between defence and midfield. Hopefully this is nothing to do with broony and more to do with Brendans tactics, which after today's display, he changes..we were amazing going forward. Quick passes and being brave. I'd hate for our captain to come back into the squad and the slow side to side shit reappearing....

Scott Brown is a legend but with him out the team Boyata actually passed the ball forward at every opportunity. Seems when broony is there...he comes deep and facilitates the side to side passes between defence and midfield. Hopefully this is nothing to do with broony and more to do with Brendans tactics, which after today's display, he changes..we were amazing going forward. Quick passes and being brave. I'd hate for our captain to come back into the squad and the slow side to side shit reappearing....
That’s actually a point I’d not considered, hopefully BR has spotted this and when Broony returns gets him playing a more advanced role. Also maybe the midfield were more confident to push forward today with Boyata and Benkovic rather than Hendry at CB.?

st Johnstone had a go,and our creativity destroyed them,our problem seems to be against the bus parkers and trying to draw them out,liverpool and man city.have problems against teams employing similar tactics,just my opinion though mate HH
Completely agree mate. Any team that try to actually play against us, we take apart. It's why we have consistently rolled over sevco..I think Spay makes a good point to. If broony and our midfield are confident with the defenders then they may not sit deep...allowing us to push further forward creating more space in packed defences

Completely agree mate. Any team that try to actually play against us, we take apart. It's why we have consistently rolled over sevco..I think Spay makes a good point to. If broony and our midfield are confident with the defenders then they may not sit deep...allowing us to push further forward creating more space in packed defences

Ahh fuck it... Brendan please send us out to attack attack attack, just score more goals than them every game... it’s fecking simples

Mutton head Chris mclauglin his last interview before moving to another role with BBC asked BR about the vacant Villa, BR gave his professional answer, no Chris Villa is a great team and Steve was a good manager but i am happy here and have projects to finish, so from that i take it you will not be interested in the Villa job, no Chris i am happy at Celtic.
Stories put to bed early.

Breath of fresh air today . Quick passing , lots of running at the opposition ... result ... best victory of the season !
Big test against Hibs after the international break , but if we approach the game as we did today then no worries .
Must thank the Sevconians for doing us a wee favour today - great generosity from a team lying in mid-table who are not known for helping out others . They must like us ! lol !

Breath of fresh air today . Quick passing , lots of running at the opposition ... result ... best victory of the season !
Big test against Hibs after the international break , but if we approach the game as we did today then no worries .
Must thank the Sevconians for doing us a wee favour today - great generosity from a team lying in mid-table who are not known for helping out others . They must like us ! lol !
Bang on close the gap and others will be in the fight for second and third, even fourth but one thing for sure we are winning the title.

yes brilliant performance not a failure today played like a celtic should but did not look like one at kick off hate these away strips why did we have to wear it today there was no colour clash i think celtic should always wear the hoops tom me that is our trademark and identity

LLP , hate to criticise Broony as I love the guy but the same thought occurred to me. He had the best passing stats in the Champions league group stage last year but in all honesty a lot of it was the sideways passing bollocks that the majority of us are growing to hate.
We are a better team if he's playing but cut out the over elaborate possession

Also wee Jamesie was faultless
Had Rogic scored just after half time that would have been the goal of the season The goal of any season really

HH?

I have been saying for a while that we look much better when our two centre halfs drive forward and draw midfielders then release passes. We have done that in the last two matches and looked much better.
Also I commented yesterday that Griff didn't look fit and the news today that he intends to spend the next two weeks working on his fitness means he read my post.??
HH

Don't see any reason for away strip either. Back not too long ago we only used one for midweek games at love street, even hibs game was known as 'battle of the greens' Always better with our beautiful Hoops!

Members online

Latest posts

Back