Sense and Sensibility ???

Celticsquadman

To all the great Celtic Fans, to Neil Lennon, to the Players, to the Board!

We have obviously reached the end of a truly remarcable run of success and I offer a Sincere thanks to all at Celtic Park.

Now, we all have to take a step backwards and consider exactly where we are:

Was it the Boards Fault? Maybe, they will say we came out and provided the money to put a great team on the Park?? I question this, because I think they have been rather economically mean, even regarding Neil Lennons wages. He was the poor mans option.

Neil Lennon as a manager did well, but unfortunately, he just does not have the Tactical Awareness, and Football Credibility to progress the team and make them stronger and better. Neils view according to ex players was that tactical awareness does not matter, it’s eleven v eleven and Celtic players are the best so they will keep on winning, but this just did not happen. My view is that Neil is sitting tight until they pay him off rather than Resign.

The Players, my opinion is that they know of Lennons lack of competence and tactical credulity and were at that stage where no tactics meant play how you want. They lacked team formation. It’s a grand old team to play for just seems to have been missed over the last few weeks. Kennedy unfortunately just does not have the experience or knowledge of the game.
Perhaps the players could have done far more than they did, however one bad apple leads to a few other bad apples. I am so unsure now!

Back to the Board, could they, rather than be mean and keep taking their bonuses, could they have splashed the cash and bought a better manager and better players rather than their skinflint wages, bearing in mind the precautions that have to be taken financially in the present circumstances?

Now, for those so-called Fans who expressed their pathetic views and opinions outside Celtic Park after the Ross County game, all you have succeeded in doing is bring the name of the Club down to Shit on your shoe level, this was disgraceful and abhorrent and at the end of the day achieved nothing other than make Celtic Football club look like an Amateur side across the media and across football.

The Board now have to act and must appoint the correct man for this great club. My belief is that they choose carefully and don’t go running for another cheap option like Strachan as a stopgap filler.

This league is not yet over so the Board has to get it right.

It was shocking the scenes outside Celtic Park, we don’t want to see anything like this again.

My own beliefe now are the board are giving Neil one last hooray,to win the Scottish cup and leave with his head held high,which it should be anyway no one could have done better than what he did for the team after the sleeket one left us in the lurch,but things are so bad now it may not be a good idea,cos if there are any more domestic defeats before the final the gamble to let him leave in glory that I think he deserves ,may end up a total disaster,with no cup and the league in tatters ,although I think that ship has sailed so what do we do ? Twist or stick

Last edited:
My own beliefe now are the board are giving Neil one last hooray,to win the Scottish cup and leave with his head held ,which it should be anyway no one could have done better than what he did for the team after the sleeket one left us in the lurch,but things are so bad now it may not be a good idea,cos if there are any more domestic defeats before the final the gamble to let him leave in glory that I think he deserves ,may end up a total disaster,with no cup and the league in tatters ,although I think that ship has sailed so what do we do ? Twist or stick
You say nobody could have done better the Lenny. Based on what? Lennon admitted he didn't change anything when he took over for that season.

You say nobody could have done better the Lenny. Based on what? Lennon admitted he didn't change anything when he took over for that season.
I don't think anybody else would have done any better than he did when he stepped in for the sleeket one he got us over the line for the treble treble ,yes he didn't change in to why fix what wasn't broken ,he would have led us to the quadruple treble except for covid ,fact he might still lead is to the treble if he's still here on the 20th Dec,but this season's went tits up from champions League exit to bolin golis pish,then the covid pish in the lead up to the first huns game,the Europa League shamble ,with probably the most fucking unluckiest ,draw we could ever get,Griffs pish,Jillian injured, don't think many managers could get any worse preparation to the start off a season,and continue winning ,yes it's time for him to go now cos he canny get these cunts to perform for him anymore ,and when he goes there will be a full squad off frauds fighting to save their Celtic careers when he does go,yes somebody else might have came in when the sleeket one left but it was Neil who did it,and now the inevitable is soon on us and he's sacked or resigns,I know he will leave knowing he gave his best and more for us ,bad fortune and a bunch off down toolers won't be able to say that,and the more I think about it I think he deserves his swansong against hearts ,win the cup and resign with his head held high after what he's went through for the hoops it no more than he desrves

Back