Serbia v SCOTLAND

Winter

As a youngster I can remember Scotland and Brazil were tied on 5 consecutive world cup appearances on the trot a then world record. How things have changed since. The task facing this latest (has to be said , more decent a scotland side ) is no small one, a one off tie in Belgrade but in an empty stadium that has to help vs a partisan support. Celtic supporters are criticised for not being behind Scotland as much as we should but that's nonsense as our support is such a diverse one with Celtic supporters made up of Scottish, irish, Indian, Pakistani, English even , only the bitterest amongst us wouldnt want to see Scotland do it imo. I'll be watching on thursday and just to get the heart pumping I tuned into watching Griffiths 2 magical free kicks against England in the 2-2 game and the atmosphere was incredible, truly what the games all about and still gives me goosebumps to this day to see such quality right then left from miles out. So come on griff some more of that please and let's see not only the 2 top domestic clubs shock Europe but the national side as well. Pity that there will be no showdown between the Ireland's, I believe that Scotland can do it ( I wouldnt be Scottish otherwise haha) I also believe that N Ireland can beat the Slovakia if we can. For once an international break that actually means something to the country. Come on griff time for some of that magic you've been showing in little cameos. I hope we can do it (itll be a bigger shock than us beating Lazio h&a) and for griff to be the man who does it for Scotland can only be good for Celtic HH

As a youngster I can remember Scotland and Brazil were tied on 5 consecutive world cup appearances on the trot a then world record. How things have changed since. The task facing this latest (has to be said , more decent a scotland side ) is no small one, a one off tie in Belgrade but in an empty stadium that has to help vs a partisan support. Celtic supporters are criticised for not being behind Scotland as much as we should but that's nonsense as our support is such a diverse one with Celtic supporters made up of Scottish, irish, Indian, Pakistani, English even , only the bitterest amongst us wouldnt want to see Scotland do it imo. I'll be watching on thursday and just to get the heart pumping I tuned into watching Griffiths 2 magical free kicks against England in the 2-2 game and the atmosphere was incredible, truly what the games all about and still gives me goosebumps to this day to see such quality right then left from miles out. So come on griff some more of that please and let's see not only the 2 top domestic clubs shock Europe but the national side as well. Pity that there will be no showdown between the Ireland's, I believe that Scotland can do it ( I wouldnt be Scottish otherwise haha) I also believe that N Ireland can beat the Slovakia if we can. For once an international break that actually means something to the country. Come on griff time for some of that magic you've been showing in little cameos. I hope we can do it (itll be a bigger shock than us beating Lazio h&a) and for griff to be the man who does it for Scotland can only be good for Celtic HH
Unlike many on here (for a variety of valid reasons) I still love supporting Scotland. I think we were actually the first country to get to 5 consecutive World Cups through qualifying groups. Other teams had played at 5 or more in a row but these appearances included automstic qualification as hosts or holders.

I must be honest that this season it is a distraction though and if we send huge numbers of players to the Euros and go straight into European qualifiers in early July then our players will be burnt out after competing often in 2 games most weeks from the start of August 2020 essentially right through to the end of May 2022! We then have the disruption of the World Cup in November so no doubt more domestic and European games will be crammed in before that in the following season.

I must be honest that this season it is a distraction though and if we send huge numbers of players to the Euros and go straight into European qualifiers in early July then our players will be burnt out after competing often in 2 games most weeks from the start of August 2020 essentially right through to the end of May 2022! We then have the disruption of the World Cup in November so no doubt more domestic and European games will be crammed in before that in the following season.
That's always the worry, but the scotland game is not the only game we will lose players to and theres another nations league game a few days after in Slovakia, we need 2pts from 2 games to top our group once again and that's unreal that scotland should they win in Slovakia ( I think we might) will be in the top tier of european football?? This would be a lift for us all but that worry is always there BB

I hope we can do it. The news a few of their best players will be out, although after Thursday when 7 of the Prague team out they still had enough to hand us a humiliating defeat, so, doesn't alwa6s work out.

Will it be another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, or will we get there? With Scotland the odds aren't good if we look at our SP over nearly a quarter of a century. Hopefully we will though.

I hope we can do it. The news a few of their best players will be out, although after Thursday when 7 of the Prague team out they still had enough to hand us a humiliating defeat, so, doesn't alwa6s work out.

Will it be another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, or will we get there? With Scotland the odds aren't good if we look at our SP over nearly a quarter of a century. Hopefully we will though.
Was reading that they managed to get the Italian based players malinkovic-savic malinkovek and kolarov into the country in time

its probably cause there were less countries back then and European countries got disproportionate number of qualified teams in world cups

we also used to have lots of young people per head playing football for our small country

Soviet Union got 1 team despite having bout 30 countries inside it and scotland which had less people than most of countries inside Soviet Union got much better chance to qualify

even Serbia used to be massive country yugoslavia

now most of countries in the old union have better teams than us

but back then they could only pick 1

11 man team from bout 5 decent sides

Unlike many on here (for a variety of valid reasons) I still love supporting Scotland. I think we were actually the first country to get to 5 consecutive World Cups through qualifying groups. Other teams had played at 5 or more in a row but these appearances included automstic qualification as hosts or holders.

I'm a Scotland fan, my country and my sport, so i'll be in pieces watching the game.
It's also a taste of what it's like to support a shite team, a bit of balance :)
My old bhoy on the other hand, Celtic daft but has no interest in the national team.
His view is the only thing to come out of international week is the shift change at work for the Scotland game gets an extra day to go to see the 'Tic.

I love the country of my birth, I will support it's football team regardless of who puts on it's dark blue jersey. But, and there is a BUT, why are we playing international football when most of the planet is battling a potentially life threatening virus.
It is lunacy to take football players out of, expensively created, bubbles and mix them with with players of the same nationality playing in different countries, when Ian NOT ALLOWED to see my grandkids who live 've on the same street.
Sorry. Got a bit preachy there. But it grinds my fucking gears.
thanx fur listenin.

I love the country of my birth, I will support it's football team regardless of who puts on it's dark blue jersey. But, and there is a BUT, why are we playing international football when most of the planet is battling a potentially life threatening virus.
It is lunacy to take football players out of, expensively created, bubbles and mix them with with players of the same nationality playing in different countries, when Ian NOT ALLOWED to see my grandkids who live 've on the same street.
Sorry. Got a bit preachy there. But it grinds my fucking gears.
thanx fur listenin.
I totally agree. International football - and even European club football - should have been delayed until it is much safer to travel. Of course this would never happen as these are cash cows to these organisations who quite frankly do not give a monkeys for the players being made to risk their health. It is a disgrace.

I totally agree. International football - and even European club football - should have been delayed until it is much safer to travel. Of course this would never happen as these are cash cows to these organisations who quite frankly do not give a monkeys for the players being made to risk their health. It is a disgrace.
It's so bad we have on the night one off play offs , N Ireland have a great chance v Slovakia

See they are saying that an Israeli player has tested positive for Covid
That means Bitton & Elhamed are at risk
And Ireland has a player tested positive now (they're not saying who though) Shane Duffy could be exposed
That's 3 defenders at risk from our club
Not to mention the other players in International squads
It's mental to have any Internationals played, during this pandemic

See they are saying that an Israeli player has tested positive for Covid
That means Bitton & Elhamed are at risk
And Ireland has a player tested positive now (they're not saying who though) Shane Duffy could be exposed
That's 3 defenders at risk from our club
Not to mention the other players in International squads
It's mental to have any Internationals played, during this pandemic
I think Shane Duffy's gotten used to being exposed by now :)

its probably cause there were less countries back then and European countries got disproportionate number of qualified teams in world cups

we also used to have lots of young people per head playing football for our small country

Soviet Union got 1 team despite having bout 30 countries inside it and scotland which had less people than most of countries inside Soviet Union got much better chance to qualify

even Serbia used to be massive country yugoslavia

now most of countries in the old union have better teams than us

but back then they could only pick 1

11 man team from bout 5 decent sides
We once qualified through the home nations league and the USSR qualified as 1 nation we drew them in spain 82 I think now the south American sides are over represented with 5 of 10 qualifying

Back