Serbia v SCOTLAND

We now need 2 pts from 2 away games v slovakia then israel to top this group and I woudnt put it past Scotland to go win both. Slovakia will also be on a high after their own qualification in Belfast but weve had the better of them a few times. Israel are an enigma right now , and very underrated imo , zahavi if he plays well (he usually does) then israel play well. I'd settle for 2 draws but think we can get a victory from at least one if not both the players will be chomping at the bit to get back out there and put us in the A listers sections , how mad is that?

Us teuchter plebs never got to play rugbt against the posh kids at DHS but we went to St Andrews to play Madras and those snobby bastards were hard dirty bastards who knew every cheat in the book. No doubt they took that same mentality into the real world where they used every trick possible for their own advantage.
In my school the boys got football every PE class, the teacher was a hockey player so tried that one day until one of the guys thought you used a hockey stick like a golf club and some poor sod got 16 stitches and 4 false teeth
back to football
never ever saw a rugby ball in school once

Naw he widnae :rolleyes:
it so happens that the (mutant/killie pie) mother of my kids happened to date the useless big twat
back in the day, when you could have friends over, we were utubing old scotland games and put the re-run on still to this day i shudder at that miss,
but anyhow she hears the name iwelumo and says i used to date a guy called iwelumo like they are ten a penny, see's him on tv and says thats him, turns out the thick can't went to that game with her dad and had no clue he was on park, never the sharpest tool

It's still not sunk in properly what this group of players have achieved. Yes weve done it through the backdoor so to speak but fairly and squarely all the same. When I think of the past Scotland sides who did and did not make it , theres been some great Scotland teams and players in the generation since we last qualified. I still remember going absolutely mental when john Collins put that penalty away v Brazil in france , what a player he was. And then slippys no2 missing that penalty against england , good Scotland sides. This is not only great for us but also the players now will believe that the hoodoo has been broken. That first hour in Belgrade was the best Scottish performance I've seen for years. I thought McGinn looks like hes matured to a different level now, and he believes that hes a player , rightly so. We arent quite at the level of the past Scotland sides who made it but this could be the spark weve been waiting on for so many years. I hate the SFA blazers and their beaurocricy but I've never wavered in my support for the team regardless of levein, eck #2 , I thought it a mistake to dump WGS as he seemed to be the man who started the ball rolling and we came so close under him. That 2-2 draw with Poland only to find out that Ireland had beaten the world champions in dublin was a crusher only Scotland fans can truly appreciate. I dont recall so few players of rangers new or old being omitted from the squad, nor such a hefty Celtic presence. Griffiths mental strength to come on and take that first penalty under enormous pressure hardly if at all kicked the ba ' yet was just brilliant. Hope it's one of many qualifications to come. As we are seeing now Celtic, the rangers and scotland all performing on the big stage. That can only be good for the rep of our game which is always unfairly dismissed and underrated. Possibly 2 champions league places possibly 1 automatic group entry should this upward turn continue. It would be a travesty if we didnt get the first automatic place. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪
i think they get a raw deal nowadays
we had proper World Class players throughout the team for decades and never done fuck all
but now they're expected to qualify for major finals with bang average players mixed with a few good players, the expectation is crazy and always has been
huvin said that, the Group looks promising, especially with 2 home games :)
do something those guys didn't

we had proper World Class players throughout the team for decades and never done fuck all
but now they're expected to qualify for major finals with bang average players mixed with a few good players, the expectation is crazy and always has been
Our last 2 games are away to Slovakia first , weve both just qualified so should be a good game but weve got the better of them before and think we will again. Last ones in Israel so it's still not a given we'll win this group zahavi at 33 is in the form of his life scoring brilliant goals , I'd take 2 draws but I think we can do it in slovakia the mora

Our last 2 games are away to Slovakia first , weve both just qualified so should be a good game but weve got the better of them before and think we will again. Last ones in Israel so it's still not a given we'll win this group zahavi at 33 is in the form of his life scoring brilliant goals , I'd take 2 draws but I think we can do it in slovakia the mora
Well, with a proper manager, a system that is well tested and a bit of belief which we must have now, there's no reason we can go away and win one or both, none at all

Had some bizzare crazy fucking mental journeys on the Stagecoach to and from Victoria throughout the 1980s and early 90s.
If I was to tell ye, ye would think I was a lying bastard, smoking hash, drinking, ruggers, Vali's, I saw it all.
Me and my mate got on the bus in Dundee aboot 8 at night. There was a goth type girl sitting up the back half pished. My mate was talking to her, she was from Aberdeen and said she was a witch. My mate said to her really, what goes down what's it all about? She said, cock it's all about cock. I can say no more on a family forum. It led to a totally mental scene later in the journey involving my mate, the witch and a Housing officer and his wife from Glasgow. Totally insane journeys, £20 and worth every penny.

In my school the boys got football every PE class, the teacher was a hockey player so tried that one day until one of the guys thought you used a hockey stick like a golf club and some poor sod got 16 stitches and 4 false teeth
back to football
never ever saw a rugby ball in school once
Henry Hall, former Dundee Utd and Forfar Athletic player, was my PE teacher at school. What an angry, bitter, twisted little bastard that man is/was.
Rugby at Kirkton High School was a violent free for all, occasionally a game of Rugby would break out but that was nipped in the bud fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Henry Hall former,Dundee Utd and Forfar Athletic player, was my PE teacher at school. What an angry, bitter, twisted little bastard that man is/was.
Rugby at Kirkton High School was a violent free for all, occasionally a game of Rugby would break out but that was nipped in the bud fairly quickly.
Oh no. We loved auld plastic heid at Farfir. He was a legend but to be fair, did look like a right thrawn crabbit shitehoose!

Had some bizzare crazy fucking mental journeys on the Stagecoach to and from Victoria throughout the 1980s and early 90s.
If I was to tell ye, ye would think I was a lying bastard, smoking hash, drinking, ruggers, Vali's, I saw it all.
Me and my mate got on the bus in Dundee aboot 8 at night. There was a goth type girl sitting up the back half pished. My mate was talking to her, she was from Aberdeen and said she was a witch. My mate said to her really, what goes down what's it all about? She said, cock it's all about cock. I can say no more on a family forum. It led to a totally mental scene later in the journey involving my mate, the witch and a Housing officer and his wife from Glasgow. Totally insane journeys, £20 and worth every penny.
Feck, i worked in Glasgow for about a year and a half, got the last train home on a Friday night and it covered Paisley, Port Glasgow and Greenock.
That's a journey that they should film every week for a 1 hours show, it'd win awards
Funnily enough, I never saw a ticket inspector once on that journey

Last edited:
Henry Hall former,Dundee Utd and Forfar Athletic player, was my PE teacher at school. What an angry, bitter, twisted little bastard that man is/was.
Hahahahahaha "Happy" Hall was a right bundle of joy, Rich.

Feckin hated playing any sport at KHS, even our teachers never dared to show up for games and that was some mad dash to make it to the relative safety of the Kingsway!!!

As for your earlier post about the goth witch lassie, did you ever take the all-nighter wie yir mates up to Balgay Hill to watch the rumoured witches coven dancing naked through the wooded area?

Not a feckin sight of any nudity and a few good nights wasted for nothing? The bastard of it is, is that I stayed next door to the Maryfield Halls of Residence and there was all the nudity you could shake an angry tadger at on any given night.

Never ever forgave the witches for that (didnae stop me from marrying one right enough).

I think the Balgay Coven was just Lochee birds on a night out. Could be easily confused with a coven right enough though SP.
Awww man, don't know whether to laugh or cry at that, Rich, because it's true on both counts.

There's a wee glimmer of light here and there, but the vast majority of Lochee lassies look like extras fae a production of Macbeth.

How do you pick only three fae that lot?

back to football
never ever saw a rugby ball in school once.
They tried to introduce it into state schools about ten years ago.
They had coaches coming in but it never took off.

It's crazy what's going on here with Scotland 1 win from the slovakia or israel games (both away) or 2pts from the 2 games gives Scotland a world cup play off place for Qatar 😆

It's still not sunk in properly what this group of players have achieved. Yes weve done it through the backdoor so to speak but fairly and squarely all the same. When I think of the past Scotland sides who did and did not make it , theres been some great Scotland teams and players in the generation since we last qualified. I still remember going absolutely mental when john Collins put that penalty away v Brazil in france , what a player he was. And then slippys no2 missing that penalty against england , good Scotland sides. This is not only great for us but also the players now will believe that the hoodoo has been broken. That first hour in Belgrade was the best Scottish performance I've seen for years. I thought McGinn looks like hes matured to a different level now, and he believes that hes a player , rightly so. We arent quite at the level of the past Scotland sides who made it but this could be the spark weve been waiting on for so many years. I hate the SFA blazers and their beaurocricy but I've never wavered in my support for the team regardless of levein, eck #2 , I thought it a mistake to dump WGS as he seemed to be the man who started the ball rolling and we came so close under him. That 2-2 draw with Poland only to find out that Ireland had beaten the world champions in dublin was a crusher only Scotland fans can truly appreciate. I dont recall so few players of rangers new or old being omitted from the squad, nor such a hefty Celtic presence. Griffiths mental strength to come on and take that first penalty under enormous pressure hardly if at all kicked the ba ' yet was just brilliant. Hope it's one of many qualifications to come. As we are seeing now Celtic, the rangers and scotland all performing on the big stage. That can only be good for the rep of our game which is always unfairly dismissed and underrated. Possibly 2 champions league places possibly 1 automatic group entry should this upward turn continue. It would be a travesty if we didnt get the first automatic place. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪
I dont think McGinn had that great a game but agree hes took his game to a higher level since going to Villa

Last edited by a moderator:
Back