Sergio Aguero

i don't...
In the same mediocre league we would be receiving £240,000,000 for winning the mediocre league and £100,000,000 if we were relegated from the mediocre league..
In the sensational league we play in at present we received £3,400,000 for winning our league.
We also keep most of the other clubs lights on for a fair part of the season with the money allocated to them by EUFA through our efforts in the EUFA cup and champions league..
This weekend I would rather be facing Man Utd than Partick but unfortunately we are in the wrong league,,,I would rather we bought players at £30m--£40m than £3.5m,,once again we are in the wrong league to be able to afford players in this category..
I wonder how many people on here would rather go to Ross County or Livingstone on a Saturday or Wednesday than go to Anfield or Goodison..????.
At the end of the day Docco I respect your opinion as I respect everybody else,s opinion on here..

HH.

Money money money....
the match day experience at Celtic is becoming bad enough with day trippers, over priced tickets/merch/food, piped music, rules rules and more rules etc...Can you imagine how horrific it would be if we became part of that circus??
The EPL is the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern football with mercenaries being paid obscene money to do something most would cut off their left baw to do....everyone obsessing about transfer fees...a player nowadays is judged by his value in the market first and ability second.....As you said, each to their own...As for the SPL, its our countries league and we have a responsibility as champions of our country to help it become a better league......yep, each to their own but the foam finger cam phone insta league is not for me

Money money money....
the match day experience at Celtic is becoming bad enough with day trippers, over priced tickets/merch/food, piped music, rules rules and more rules etc...Can you imagine how horrific it would be if we became part of that circus??
The EPL is the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern football with mercenaries being paid obscene money to do something most would cut off their left baw to do....everyone obsessing about transfer fees...a player nowadays is judged by his value in the market first and ability second.....As you said, each to their own...As for the SPL, its our countries league and we have a responsibility as champions of our country to help it become a better league......yep, each to their own but the foam finger cam phone insta league is not for me
What do you mean by day trippers?

The EPL is the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern football with mercenaries being paid obscene money to do something most would cut off their left baw to do....everyone obsessing about transfer fees...a player nowadays is judged by his value in the market first and ability second..
I agree with that about mercenaries, players values first etc but I woukdnt agree it's a gash league. Players dont decide their transfer fee , though have more say in the transfer than ever. Other matters too. All you said is true but the players who play there in that division are I believe playing in the toughest league to win of all in europe. No other top flight division has the number of potential winners year to year than the epl. The money makes me as sick as the rest. Still theres no denying the quality of player spread over the 20 clubs are the best (with only a few exceptions) in the world , even then they end up there or have been there. No division throws up beautiful games consistently, in that respect the epl is no different from any other top flight league. It's rare to see the similar likes of wolves come from 2-0 down to beat even 10man champions man city 3-2 in one of the most exciting games in the top 5 league I've seen for a while. The only division I'd say is harder to win would be the English championship.

Members online

Back