Sevco covid breach

I would like to see the figures that say we can't be successful independent nation. Who is saying that, what qualifies them to say that and most importantly who is paying them to say that?
I would also like to know how the "scots cost the UK £1000 per head" figure was arrived at and also the source.
The British are known for many things, altruism is not one of them.
If that was true we would have been given independence long ago.
So why is it that the British media went to great lengths to influence the result of the the referendum given that we are a nation of subsidie junkies? Do they like paying to keep us in £1000 a head luxury? Why if we are a burden to them?
Like I said earlier the British, especially the Tories, are not known for their altruism.
Spot on why keep a country and go out of your way to keep it if it costs more to keep it.

Too dirty while there’s oil
Well get back tae that at some point
It was actually the Cleanest of Coal’s the Scottish pits produced coal that was used to sweeten imported coals from Poland Russia And Australia and English coal
But in the Snowflake World of The Greens
It’s dirty. But that’s for History now
Fact if British Coal got the same Uk Government subsidy that Nuclear power got We could’ve sold it Worldwide and given every Pensioner it free. British Coal was the cheapest Coal per Tonne in the World but had no Subsidy

HH 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It was actually the Cleanest of Coal’s the Scottish pits produced coal that was used to sweeten imported coals from Poland Russia And Australia and English coal
But in the Snowflake World of The Greens
It’s dirty. But that’s for History now
Fact if British Coal got the same Uk Government subsidy that Nuclear power got We could’ve sold it Worldwide and given every Pensioner it free. British Coal was the cheapest Coal per Tonne in the World but had no Subsidy

HH 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
If it was the cheapest in the world why would it need a subsidy Jam? Serious question.

You say Scotland contributes more than it gets back. Last time i read that we recieve over £1000 per person subsidised from the general pot. That was a couple of years ago to be fair. Where did you get your figures from TET and why do you confidently predict we as a stand alone nation would prosper at this time? As I've stated previously, the SNP cannot or have not as yet shown us any fugures that back their case for independence.
The figures are easily jiggery pokery

example the sea charts were jiggery out of parliament

so technically oil was always in Scottish waters

boundaries have been jiggery out of parliament

so England income now gets oil revenues registered under English accounts, not fully confirmed but its legal shenanigans

the great proportion of wealth generated in scotland often has its head offices registered in city of London so does the accounting take account of where it gets created or where it gets registered by its pumpkins at the top

the figures if you look at them from generation perspective are scotland creates more resources per head

but the figures usually suggest those can be redistributed to the head office in London and greater access to the funky tax haven worlds

Its a rigged game under westmonister and its rigged for the bits of uk they mostly reside

high speed trains fancy invested infrastuctures

scotland a great place under current system to dump nuclear bases for free

and a great place to recruit soldiers since the job opportunities are deliberately sent elsewhere in uk

keeps place empty and useful for the people south of England

now im mad and its all legal quagmire

Now im different from most people

in that

even if it was catastrophically bad economically for scotland to secede I would vote for it anyway

because I genuinely think having Westminster running our country helps no-one I ever met in this country

I earn feck all my entire life

so thats easy for me to live with feck all the rest of my life]

so I vote out of uk cause I dont think they give a feck about scotland

it cant get much much worse for me

so hey I could even vote for huns rather than tories and it wouldn't effect my prospects on down side

but it may well be that other people lifespan's would be worse in break away

I doubt it tbh

but im willing to take that chance

whoever anybody else votes for is their business

if I dont get independence

nothing lost for me

if scotland votes freedom then maybe Scottish people have a better chance to carve out a future better than under Westminster

I think they do

the accounts are unreliable since they can shimmy resources to tax havens which then benefit London again rather than source.

Is scotland united enough to take to pressure of self determination

no sure

but I vote for independence nonetheless

If it was the cheapest in the world why would it need a subsidy Jam? Serious question.
Easy answer Hoopy all the Coal imported into the Uk was Subsided.
we Brought Ian Macgregor in to Streamline all the Pits as Thatch wanted to kick 7 lumps out of the Miners as retribution for 72/74 strikes that brought down the Tory Government’s.
But the real Question is why was Nuclear power given a Subsidy.

HH⛏

Any figures would be estimated as based on a settlement with UK. Hard to base figures on a conversation that’s never taken place

you are demanding an answer to a hypothetical question but can’t provide same information in return which are historical facts.

you make big statements with no information to back up and then demand figures from other people

I don’t particularly like the snp and clearly you don’t either but they are the vehicle for independence at the moment. But when talking about independence why keep referring to them and Sturgeon. It’s about scotland not the SNP
It's because it's the SNP pushing for it pal.

It's because it's the SNP pushing for it pal.
Your right m8, they are the only one's pushing it and hence they are intertwined.
I'm not a fan of their record in govt. and how the people are treated by the yessers if they disagree
Therefore it pisses me off when the two go together (SNP/Independence)
The SNP IMO are what puts off a lot of people who voted NO

Loving the discussion on scotish independents some very good points being made.being from the north of ireland I can't wait for the day the vote on the border comes I and lots of people from my comuinty nearly to a man or woman would vote yes to a reunited ireland. Thier will be arguments for and against that's what will happen that's why the ground work has to be done well in advance.like a new health system schools also the people on this island who see themselves as British have to be respected and thier culture and religion will have to be respected as well which has been happening in the 26 counties for decades now.thier is a lot to be talked about far far to much to put down in writing on the noise.and if we do get that 50 +1 for the reuniting of ireland the work is only beginning thier will be lots of problems to over come but they will be our problems.every country has problems but at least we would be facing them as one irish nation on our own island.

Back