Seville day - 21st May 2003

Docco

Ok, I know we lost and why should we celebrate a defeat but for Celts the world over, this was more than a football match...it was a celebration, a pilgrimage, a mass gathering of European success starved tims who had never witnessed anything like this before

What is your story?

Ok, I know we lost and why should we celebrate a defeat but for Celts the world over, this was more than a football match...it was a celebration, a pilgrimage, a mass gathering of European success starved tims who had never witnessed anything like this before

What is your story?
It wiz 3 days before ma 50th birthday,n' ah wiz in Ireland,oh, and we lost 3-2 🍺 :(

Remember sitting up in the early hours to get tickets and the internet crashing all the time finally at 6.15am i got through to the last section pick your seating and it crashed again on checkout
Raging would be one word going tonto would be another gave up at 3.30pm

What is your story?

I was there with my brother in law We managed to get tickets and our seats were on the half way line right behind the main TV Camera

Our seats would have been in the West Stand as the sun was blazing into the stand opposite us

Our accommodation was about an hour away from Seville on the coast and as we headed back on the coach through the streets of the city all the doorways were full of sleeping Celtic fans as it was well after midnight by the time the coaches left

Flew home in the early hours of the Friday morning Chaotic Airport security was virtually non existent MASSIVE queue for taxis at Glasgow Airport at 6am when we arrived back then down to Kilmarnock for the league decider 2 days later

TTrophy less season but it certainly didn't feel as if it was a failure

HH🍀

Last edited:
It wiz 3 days before ma 50th birthday,n' ah wiz in Ireland,oh, and we lost 3-2 🍺 :(
Now I know why we got beat, you wurnae there Michael
I was there with my brother in law We managed to get tickets and our seats were on the half way line right behind the main TV Camera

Our seats would have been in the West Stand as the sun was blazing into the stand opposite us

Our accommodation was about an hour away from Seville on the coast and as we headed back on the coach through the streets of the city all the doorways were full of sleeping Celtic fans as it was well after midnight by the time the coaches left

Flew home in the early hours of the Friday morning Chaotic Airport security was virtually non existent MASSIVE queue for taxis at Glasgow Airport at 6am when we arrived back then down to Kilmarnock for the league decider 2 days later

TTrophy less season but it certainly didn't feel as if it was a failure

HH🍀
It was like a wake coming home on the plane, Bill.a fluke goal did us. Wee Larson deserved better. So glad he got the Big One. They gave the player of the game to Deco but it was Henke who should have got it.HH

Remember sitting up in the early hours to get tickets and the internet crashing all the time finally at 6.15am i got through to the last section pick your seating and it crashed again on checkout
Raging would be one word going tonto would be another gave up at 3.30pm
that story is soul destroying Kelly
Watched it in the hoose wi ma son Liam and 10 o ma pals.....Henricks finest game IMO ….. We should have won that game....and Henrick knew that....that is why he was so pissed off at full time.
. We badly missed Big Bad John. He was on fire that season
Watched it in the hoose wi ma son Liam and 10 o ma pals.....Henricks finest game IMO ….. We should have won that game....and Henrick knew that....that is why he was so pissed off at full time.

I went to Celtic games with my mate James who stays along the street from me. He is not a season ticket guy and used is nephew Sean's ticket. Sean is Irish and works in one of Dermot Desmond's Banks and D D had left tickets in a seville Bank for any of his staff to use. Sean got 3tickets and was intending to take his father and his Uncle James to the game. James phoned me a week before the game asking what pubI would be watching the game. He then ask, did I have a passport. I said yes and he told me he had a ticket for me as he didn't have a passport. I had a fantastic seat at the game, looking down to the press seats and then further down the trophy and the dugouts. Just befor the start of the match, Porto fans released the biggest banner I've ever seen behind the goals but we did even better, our players went into the Huddle and The Roar our fans made was the Best I have experienced. Others will say the same.HH

I went to Celtic games with my mate James who stays along the street from me. He is not a season ticket guy and used is nephew Sean's ticket. Sean is Irish and works in one of Dermot Desmond's Banks and D D had left tickets in a seville Bank for any of his staff to use. Sean got 3tickets and was intending to take his father and his Uncle James to the game. James phoned me a week before the game asking what pubI would be watching the game. He then ask, did I have a passport. I said yes and he told me he had a ticket for me as he didn't have a passport. I had a fantastic seat at the game, looking down to the press seats and then further down the trophy and the dugouts. Just befor the start of the match, Porto fans released the biggest banner I've ever seen behind the goals but we did even better, our players went into the Huddle and The Roar our fans made was the Best I have experienced. Others will say the same.HH
daft

Back