Seville journeys

Humf

Ok, so not the craziest journey to Seville in 2003, but not sure I would do it now as I'm older.

Glasgow to London by train. Heathrow to Charles De Gaulle airport. Got lost on the crazy escalators in the airport and only got connecting flight by following Celtic fans in the airport. Flight to Madrid. Overnight with two mates in a hostel in the centre square.

10am ava train from Madrid to Seville, went like a bomb, I think you 're entitled to your money back if the train arrives over five minutes late.

Didn't get a ticket but watched game in a square with 1000s of other fans. Would obviously change the result, but apart from that, had a great time!

Any other crazy ways to the game???

Ok, so not the craziest journey to Seville in 2003, but not sure I would do it now as I'm older.

Glasgow to London by train. Heathrow to Charles De Gaulle airport. Got lost on the crazy escalators in the airport and only got connecting flight by following Celtic fans in the airport. Flight to Madrid. Overnight with two mates in a hostel in the centre square.

10am ava train from Madrid to Seville, went like a bomb, I think you 're entitled to your money back if the train arrives over five minutes late.

Didn't get a ticket but watched game in a square with 1000s of other fans. Would obviously change the result, but apart from that, had a great time!

Any other crazy ways to the game???

MA ordeal started on march up to stadium. Ma daughter met her then boyfriend hun so he wis just before the bridge, we trooped up to get in wáy snid tickets, if you tried it you no whit it was like mer chance getting in to jail. Well tried tay get in tay watch big screen at other ground that wis fill up nephew climed our railings about 10feet high big spikes a says fuck that.So me ma son and daughter her fellar sons pals ran back our the bridge again found a wee pub in the corner way game on.tv wis wee shitty thing, when a tried to get back to hotel by taxi every taxi driver asked wit one a did nay know fucked about for hours till other Tim says Tay another diver a name of hotel across the road fay mine, never so glad apaid for it.When a went in tay ma pocket wit day you think a HUD but the fucking key with the name and address of hotel on it wit a fud a felt

MA ordeal started on march up to stadium. Ma daughter met her then boyfriend hun so he wis just before the bridge, we trooped up to get in wáy snid tickets, if you tried it you no whit it was like mer chance getting in to jail. Well tried tay get in tay watch big screen at other ground that wis fill up nephew climed our railings about 10feet high big spikes a says fuck that.So me ma son and daughter her fellar sons pals ran back our the bridge again found a wee pub in the corner way game on.tv wis wee shitty thing, when a tried to get back to hotel by taxi every taxi driver asked wit one a did nay know fucked about for hours till other Tim says Tay another diver a name of hotel across the road fay mine, never so glad apaid for it.When a went in tay ma pocket wit day you think a HUD but the fucking key with the name and address of hotel on it wit a fud a felt
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!!!

Quite similar to to you humf. It was late in the day when I decided to go so flights to Seville or the south were either sold out or ridiculously expensive. I went Liverpool to Madrid via Amsterdam. Couple of nights there before getting the train to Malaga. Hitched a ride to Seville on the morning of the game where I watched the game in a big tent. Highlights were; buying cans of beer off a wee Chinese street vendor in Madrid at the wrong side of midnight and having a game of fitba wi an empty can under streetlight with half a dozen Spanish youth, finding more Celts than expected on the train congregating in the train bar to amuse ourselves and the local with a fine selection of songs and tales all the way to Malaga and of course the magnificent site of Seville filled with the Green and white. Unforgettable.

Flew to Madrid from Heathrow the night before and stayed the night in Madrid. Had a great night out. The train down was one of the most memorable events of my life. We sung and drunk the whole way. I was at the front and when we got off I remember looking back down the platform stairs at the train emptying, the whole platform a sea of green and white. Unforgettable. A few beers in the train station then got to the ground about an hour before kick off and finished our cargo.
After the game we were in a wee bar with tables by the river, drinking whatever they had cos the beer was long finished. TBH I was gutted and just wanted to get to fuck. Crashed on the floor of the train station then back to Madrid. For all the great times and stories though we got beat and we should've won. I've never watched it since....

Drove edinburgh to prestwick,then flew into faro in portugal then stayed in pria de rocha,on the day of the game bussed into seville,first game ive needed to take my passport for,though didnt get checked as we crossed the border into seville.Cracking seats just behind the press box,saw billy mcneill etc.Amazing time,all the better caused i stayed for a week and had a yahoo time

Members online

Latest posts

Back