'Shame on You,' Balotelli's message to Italy's Shame, Judge hits Lazio with a $22,000 fine as Celtic explain silence on Morelos racist allegations

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
'Shame on You,' Balotelli's message to Italy's Shame, Judge hits Lazio with a $22,000 fine as Celtic explain silence on Morelos racist abuse allegations...

800.jpeg

The whole thing about the "say no to racism " and FARE (football against racism in Europe " as it once stood for not sure if it's still the same wording, annoys the hell out of me. Not what they stand for and are fighting for but the complete lack of any real tangible difference they've made. FARE has been going for close to 1/4 of a century and yet to me it would seem that racial discrimination and prejudices are worse now than ever if anything or perhaps reported more so. Every season out comes the campaign against racism and prejudice in sports and then it goes back in its box for a bit til next time. Last season or 1 before there was the ridiculous incident in France or italy where the player (whose name escapes me cos I'm getting auld and canny mind) was booked for bringing to the refs attention the fact that he was being racially abused, booked and told to get on with it quick style. I like everyone else hate it with a passion but these organisations have to take a good look at what the are doing and how they are doing it cos honestly they coupled with fifa/UEFA have made next to no impact on the matter. Only full stadium closures will work , not just close the ultras stand as that's too easy and blames not always the right people. Fifa and UEFA have had their head in the sand over this for too long so much that I'd be happy that the powers to punish clubs and nations for it lay with another organisation C.A.S perhaps, perhaps not also but some body independent of football's guvnors

Shut stadium's down! the "ultra;s or whoever, are reflecting some society's hatred of immigrant's/refugees, the rise of the far right, all across Europe, is giving these phux carte blanche, to use football to spew their bile and hatred,shut the phuqers down 22.000 euro fine is phuqin laughable, all the anti racism campaigns are just cosmetic, hope a team will show sh ow some ball's and walk off the pitch, because the authorities will do hee haw, they want the money!

So true MD 👍if it was in almost any other sport or walk of life the price to pay would not be peanuts (€22,000) is peanuts to almost any club that plays European football. If you or I were to walk through Glasgow's city centre shouting racist slurs we'd be dubbed for the weekend, if we did it again and again the penalty would be more severe each time probably resulting in a lengthy custodial sentence. For clubs obviously its different as we are talking not about a single person but always "a small minority of supporters " etc . Well if it's such a small minority why cant clubs have officials in the stands looking for them? Hurry up the partick game .....severe withdrawal symptoms 🤯🥵🥶🤢🤪

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back