Shane duffy

I see Shane duffy has scored for Brighton against watford absolutely delighted for him hope he has a great season for them after his nightmare he had for us last season along with everyone else.
Had full sympathy for him last season as he was was carrying to much baggage with the death of his father, and believe he really wanted to be a success with the 10iar to honour his father.
Shame it wasn't to be, and unlucky to have came at a time when it seemed so unsettled within the changing room.
Even so, he has never let Ireland down and hope the upturn in his form can can return to the Irish national team as we still need him.

Had full sympathy for him last season as he was was carrying to much baggage with the death of his father, and believe he really wanted to be a success with the 10iar to honour his father.
Shame it wasn't to be, and unlucky to have came at a time when it seemed so unsettled within the changing room.
Even so, he has never let Ireland down and hope the upturn in his form can can return to the Irish national team as we still need him.
Hope to see the big lad sitting in the stands some day with a smile on his face I'd shake his hand John no just sorry it didn't turn out the way he and every one else wanted.

Some folk rise into being a Celtic player some folk don’t, was one of the worst central defenders I’ve ever seen in 55 years watching the hoops, total bomb scare, promised so much but delivered so little…..thank feck it was only a loan deal
TBF all at some point were saying Ralston was going nowhere and all of a sudden a good coach arrives with a plan and a bit of confidence and believe and someone to tell the guy to listen to instructions and do one job only.

TBF all at some point were saying Ralston was going nowhere and all of a sudden a good coach arrives with a plan and a bit of confidence and believe and someone to tell the guy to listen to instructions and do one job only.
Aye mate, you could be right, but can only judge on what we seen…..he was one of the poorest performers in a poor team.
Anyway, good luck to him…..he be just as disappointed in his performances as we were, a chance to play for your boyhood hero’s and you blew it…..he’ll spend the rest of his life going “ what if?”

Excellent point, Boab. The only "what if's" there should be is whether Duffy would have played better in Postecoglou's system. He seems to get a lot out of players, new and old, and you have to wonder whether players who have left Celtic would have thrived under Ange. For example, someone postulated that Ange might have made Patryk Klimala the next Robert Lewandowski -- we'll never know, of course, but that's not as far-fetched as it might seem.

I do believe ange would have got the best out of duffy I think we have a top manager on our hands he has these players believing they our world beaters just look what has happened today last season we would probably have lost just listening him makes you believe he knows what he's doing I wanted howe to be our next manager I still think he's a good manager but seeing what ange has done to players who only last season we were ready to throw to the lions has been incredible. Me I'm on the ange bus and I like we're it's going

Hang on a minute
If we're having a Shane Duffy thread, I think I'll start a Charlie Mulgrew thread
Michael and I lobbied to bring big Charlie back, and we were slagged unmercilessly :sneaky: but, who was the star man against the Huns a couple of weeks ago ? None other than the bold Charles himself
So, enough of the Shane Duffy stuff...good luck to the big man of course, who knows ? he might turn out out to be the new Sergio Ramos for Brighton & Hove Albion FC, but put him in a Celtic jersey and he looked like Bambi on ice
Mon the Mulgrew !!
And HH Michael, some result today eh ?

Hang on a minute
If we're having a Shane Duffy thread, I think I'll start a Charlie Mulgrew thread
Michael and I lobbied to bring big Charlie back, and we were slagged unmercilessly :sneaky: but, who was the star man against the Huns a couple of weeks ago ? None other than the bold Charles himself
So, enough of the Shane Duffy stuff...good luck to the big man of course, who knows ? he might turn out out to be the new Sergio Ramos for Brighton & Hove Albion FC, but put him in a Celtic jersey and he looked like Bambi on ice
Mon the Mulgrew !!
And HH Michael, some result today eh ?
And Charlie had one of the best chants too (OK, a very simple one). He has had some wonderful days for us wearing those beautiful hoops. His time has gone but he still did us a great service bursting sevco's bubble.

MD will have enjoyed that game.

Listening to mondays super scoreboard and keevins has given the result a the week to Dundee United 1 nil away to st johnstone. Why is that result of the week ? When united beat rangers its hardly a big surprise they can beat st johnstone esp given they had a midweek game. Result of the week was 6-0 hoops v saints no 2 ways about it but cant bring himself to say it what a fud

Don't forget folks, Shane Duffy's father died in the months before he came to Celtic. It's a real pity Shane's boyhood dream didn't work out the way he or we would have wanted but I don't fault him for it and I wish him every success in the future. He's a true Celt, a lion who was led astray by a donkey.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back