Should Celtic football club issue a statement condemning Child Sex Abuse linked to our club

Any other employer ever put out a statement to this effect?

And there was dubiety with the boys club being used as a feeder. Off the premises etc.

The accountable should be held accountable and it seems the courts have passed judgement and jailed the scum responsible.

I believe Celtic football club were helpful in assisting the police in their investigation into these heinous cunts and as so assisting the courts jailing them.

Great post Maria,I too am sick and tired about the constant Media
misinformation.
Why.can no one understand that it was privately run.?
I had a neighbour who had a grandson playing for them.
He knew way back that it was not connected to the club.
Perhaps they should seek legal advice on making a statement.I am sure an English.newspaper had to make a public apology s while back
about the.matter.
Celtic at their best though,always a dignified silence.

The no win no fee lawyer has had many months to issue court papers against Celtic and then take his case to court to be heard. If he believed he had a strong case then he would have done that already. Perhaps he feels he would be unsuccessful in court so is trying to embarrass Celtic through the media into settling. He then gets his % commission. He knows that there is substantial 'public interest' in this case fuelled by the Ibrox bigots - yesterday Graham Spiers tweeted this "Many Rangers fans exercised and excited on here re this Celtic Boys Club tragedy. What a spectacle it is: the worst expression of transparent glee and oneupmanship I think I’ll ever see in football. Over child sex abuse."

Recently there was a victim of child abuse at Rangers who contacted the Ibrox club and was told that it was nothing to do with them and that he should direct his concern to the liquidators. Conveniently blanked by this horrible lot at Ibrox.

The fact is that the response from Rangers (founded in 2012 by Charles Green) is correct. Any claim died with the old club.

And the other fact is that Celtic never 'owned or operated' that Boys club. Today Celtic have many hundreds of non football playing employees - back then there were only a handful of staff working at Celtic Park. The lessons have been learned and Celtic now operate the youth system to the highest standards.

Celtic can and will do or say nothing so long as this No Win No Fee lawyers hammers his drum and makes his increasingly hollow threats. Celtic are a PLC, the board's duty is to the shareholders and as a PLC they quite reasonably do not expect to be liable for the actions of entirely separate organisations.

If this goes to court - and you can never totally be sure what will happen in any case - Celtic's lawyers will be confident that they would win. It would be expensive for the % cut lawyer as he'd have his own costs, the court costs and the substantial Celtic legal bill to pay - so you can see why he's reluctant.

At that stage Celtic could look if they were minded, to offering some support to the victims but at the moment they are unable to do anything other than the statement that was previously released.

In many ways it would be good if this did go to court so everyone could get closure.

Pretty sure the club has condemned the abuse that went on, on more than one occasion, what we have though is people/ lawyers / media, linking it to Celtic Football Club and now trying to force compensation from Celtic, if the courts decide that that should be the course of action I'm sure Celtic will oblige, however they wont comment whilst this action is ongoing.

Still rather it was kept off the blog until the courts are finished with it.

Legal action has not started so it is fine to have this discussed, although it is a very difficult subject. Celtic Supporters are getting this stuff thrown at them at just about every game, it's posted all over social media on a daily basis by the Ibrox bigots, yes Celtic quite rightly have condemned what happened, as does every Celtic supporter, but Celtic have the best lawyers and they are acting on the advice given.

The no win no fee lawyer has had many months to issue court papers against Celtic and then take his case to court to be heard. If he believed he had a strong case then he would have done that already. Perhaps he feels he would be unsuccessful in court so is trying to embarrass Celtic through the media into settling. He then gets his % commission. He knows that there is substantial 'public interest' in this case fuelled by the Ibrox bigots - yesterday Graham Spiers tweeted this "Many Rangers fans exercised and excited on here re this Celtic Boys Club tragedy. What a spectacle it is: the worst expression of transparent glee and oneupmanship I think I’ll ever see in football. Over child sex abuse."

Recently there was a victim of child abuse at Rangers who contacted the Ibrox club and was told that it was nothing to do with them and that he should direct his concern to the liquidators. Conveniently blanked by this horrible lot at Ibrox.

The fact is that the response from Rangers (founded in 2012 by Charles Green) is correct. Any claim died with the old club.

And the other fact is that Celtic never 'owned or operated' that Boys club. Today Celtic have many hundreds of non football playing employees - back then there were only a handful of staff working at Celtic Park. The lessons have been learned and Celtic now operate the youth system to the highest standards.

Celtic can and will do or say nothing so long as this No Win No Fee lawyers hammers his drum and makes his increasingly hollow threats. Celtic are a PLC, the board's duty is to the shareholders and as a PLC they quite reasonably do not expect to be liable for the actions of entirely separate organisations.

If this goes to court - and you can never totally be sure what will happen in any case - Celtic's lawyers will be confident that they would win. It would be expensive for the % cut lawyer as he'd have his own costs, the court costs and the substantial Celtic legal bill to pay - so you can see why he's reluctant.

At that stage Celtic could look if they were minded, to offering some support to the victims but at the moment they are unable to do anything other than the statement that was previously released.

In many ways it would be good if this did go to court so everyone could get closure.
Quiet a good post really until you mentioned rangers, what happened at ibroke has nothing to do with Celtic boys club, so why mention them??
All efforts should be about catching the scum who abused children. Once that is done, then make sure people know that they had nothing to do with
Celtic Football club.
Can you send me the link to spiers's column. HH

To be fair jinx. I think thats Celtic’s stance on the matter.

Help the victims get justice then deal with the arseholes trying to shame our clubs good name.

As it should be. The decent thing to do.

Celtic saying anything before any hearings etc could have an adverse effect on the victims getting justice.

No-one seems to be giving props to the club remaining tight lipped at a time when its name is being dragged through the mud and they are doing that for the victims so that their justice supercedes the sick mob

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post Maria,I too am sick and tired about the constant Media
misinformation.
Why.can no one understand that it was privately run.?
I had a neighbour who had a grandson playing for them.
He knew way back that it was not connected to the club.
Perhaps they should seek legal advice on making a statement.I am sure an English.newspaper had to make a public apology s while back
about the.matter.
Celtic at their best though,always a dignified silence.

Thanx starrynight, the victims need to come first. Get their justice then Celtic can let rip with the scum arseholes glorifying in the victims pain and anguish.

Surely the horrible ugly people operating the sevco sites such as follow follow and Liebrox noise are actionable when they publicly disparage Celtic Plc.

While there is no present evidence of a connection between these entities regarding Celtic Boys Clubs and Celtic FC, the mankkky filth should be served notice from Celtic's counsel for libelous behaviour.........Cliff Richard and the BBC are recent cases in mind......

In my honest opinion I would like to hear from Celtic hierarchy condemning this..
Celtic must , they simply must say something. It's too important not to. It's not only Celtic fc that's been dragged into it by these reprobates many clubs have. Even if to say the club is working with a police investigation they must say something.

This is the classic loaded question : When did you stop beating your wife ?
There is no answer which will not sound like you are guilty in the eyes of those asking the question .

Celtic have made their position clear re. the Boys Club and have also utterly condemned the abuse and the abusers .
There is nothing to be gained by further statements denying etc... this only encourages those vile people that want to use these awful events to denigrate the Celtic name .
Once you start a debate with these morons , you will not win . ''They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ''.

Quiet a good post really until you mentioned rangers, what happened at ibroke has nothing to do with Celtic boys club, so why mention them??
All efforts should be about catching the scum who abused children. Once that is done, then make sure people know that they had nothing to do with
Celtic Football club.
Can you send me the link to spiers's column. HH
Or you could just google Graham Spiers tweets.

Surely the horrible ugly people operating the sevco sites such as follow follow and Liebrox noise are actionable when they publicly disparage Celtic Plc.

While there is no present evidence of a connection between these entities regarding Celtic Boys Clubs and Celtic FC, the mankkky filth should be served notice from Celtic's counsel for libelous behaviour.........Cliff Richard and the BBC are recent cases in mind......

Yeah and DD aint shy when someone attacks him personally.

Hope your well my friend ?

Celtic must , they simply must say something. It's too important not to. It's not only Celtic fc that's been dragged into it by these reprobates many clubs have. Even if to say the club is working with a police investigation they must say something.

What part of if they say something will be detrimental to the victims getting justice aren’t you getting pal.

Perhaps im not explaining it to well.

There have been cases in which by Celtic remaining dignified they have assisted the authorities get justice for the victims.

People who provide any assistance like celtic did with when they bought from their suppliers (boys club) etc can have a detrimental effect on a jury seeking to pass judgement if theres already been leaks comments in trial by media first.

How does that serve the victims?

Its the old adage, can’t speak about it until every case has been heard to prevent mis-trials etc

Members online

No members online now.

Back