Should the fans boycott celtic stores

Glasbhoy81

With new coming out that Neil lennon will e left as manager, not because the Dermot thinks he's the right man for the job, but because he doesn't want to bow to fan pressure.
Let's see if he enjoys fans pressure when we keep our money in our pockets.
I for one normally spend around £150-£200 around Christmas at the celtic store. I won't be this year, which is a pity as they have some nice Adidas stuff that my boys like.
I will also not be watching any more of their games on Premier sports.
I feel as if I have been robbed, which I hadn't spend £600 on a season ticket for that fucking tash wearing prick from Ireland to treat the fans with utter contemp.
Leaving a club legend like lennon in the managers job to take more abuse is shocking

Yes, I'd boycott the Merch....Dermott Desmond is using the fans as a plaything...he is not Celtic...there is no "treason" in doing this...win back the club for the fans..It was Boycotting that got rid of the last board who ran us into the ground

Get a grip. Boycotts only ever harm a club. The Bears found this out. I will always support Celtic and do not expect us to win every game. Such talk is treason.
I’m with you until that last line fisiani
Celtic is my club no matter the manager or the players. We dint support people we support our club who are represented by said people.
The majority shareholder and board are the the ones guilty of treason. They are on trial IMO.
There is no election process and no engagement with supporters which is why these ideas come to bear.
I SUPPORTED my team during the ‘Celts for change’ era but at full time I walked round to the front door to protest peacefully about the shambles of our board at the time. While the current encumbents remain in place and continue to treat supporters as paying muppets, these types of measure are unhelpful but fair game. They need to know that celtic fans will not continue to be treated like this.

With new coming out that Neil lennon will e left as manager, not because the Dermot thinks he's the right man for the job, but because he doesn't want to bow to fan pressure.
I for one normally spend around £150-£200 around Christmas at the celtic store. I won't be this year, which is a pity as they have some nice Adidas stuff that my boys like.
I feel as if I have been robbed, which I hadn't spend £600 on a season ticket for that fucking tash wearing prick from Ireland to treat the fans with utter contemp.
Leaving a club legend like lennon in the managers job to take more abuse is shocking
Dont see why u wid boycott buying merch something like that needs EVERYONE on board no point one or two doing it I dont see the point even a proper boycott wont get u wit u want mate

I am in 100% favour of a merch boycott, also cancel season ticket DD s , money is all these guys understand , hit them hard where it hurts , not a few clowns shouting abuse
Many have said on here , how can we be heard , how can we show our dissatisfaction , this is the way, respectful yet the our most potent weapon

Desmonds a SMUG BASTARD who thinks the 'Little' Man is there tae be walked over! 🤬🤬🤬.. Hated it when Mark Daly followed him tae a game yrs ago whilst he was with his 'Buddies' calling him a Rangers Fan! Small Minded Cunt, wid LUV the Prick tae Fuk Off & take his Poodle Liewell wae him!!

Personally I'm of the opinion that a merchandise boycott is not the way to go, yet. My reasons for this are that supporters are not all on the same page, yet. Some are angry with lenny some at the board some with both some with the players etc. This is not the same as the celts for change and not even close. We have to remember that the board have backed lenny, generously and the past 2 windows have seen the board spend more on recruitment than any other time in my lifetime. While this whole thing has been simmering away , leading to the ugly scenes at CP, I think that we have maybye lost focus on what we are angry about. We are angry ( I am , I should say) with the apparent lack of tactical nous and team selections displayed by the manager and the shocking results that have followed. I was, for one, actually quite happy with the board in the last windows, we kept our big players and added to the squad, whilst we also cut down the size of a bloated squad. No one was calling for lennys or anyones head then. So things have changed since then in that the players have underperformed big time. Quite how much the performance levels have dropped off, no one could have foreseen that coming. I'm as unhappy with this season as anyone but let's hold off on killing ourselves completely in a time of uncertainty. The 10 hasnt gone yet, granted it's looking further away than ever but it is not the be all and end all of Glasgow Celtic. Boycotting Adidas in their 1st season of partnership with the club will be a bad idea imo. It will damage the reputation and strength of the club in future negotiations with other brand sponsors. I dont want that. I want a manager who is tactically astute. Now I honestly have to say that I didnt see lenny as tactically inept as weve seen this season. Only last year he was delivering the clubs first ever win on Italian soil in Rome and the clubs first European group win. Who was saying lenny is tactically inept at that time? I wasnt , like us all I was haiing him rightly so. We must get a unity of type before hampden , theres nothing like a trophy for changing bad moods. For now though I will not be boycotting the merchandise , I will be behind lenny as long as hes manager and if ( and only if) we lost the final v hearts and fall further behind in the title race I might look at protests then. Until then I'm behind the manager, club and players. Something has to change yes. Our players I have a feeling will turn up for hampden and win the quadreble. We dont have the right to win every game and that we have been doing so for so many years is incredible and I think that is being forgotten here a bit. Every supporter has always known our run would come to an end at sometime. Just not so disastrously. We are stronger together and united rather than at war and divided. The season is still in its early stages and the league cup and Europe have gone by us. That might even help us in the title race as we catch up with our games ( let's also not forget that the scottish government handed the incentive to the rangers in the first place) but I would call for unity at this time , anything else is giving our rivals and enemies exactly what they want and there are many. A united Celtic is a powerful force a divided one at war will damage the club for years to come, I'm not taking part in that HH ☘

I’m with you until that last line fisiani
Celtic is my club no matter the manager or the players. We dint support people we support our club who are represented by said people.
The majority shareholder and board are the the ones guilty of treason. They are on trial IMO.
There is no election process and no engagement with supporters which is why these ideas come to bear.
I SUPPORTED my team during the ‘Celts for change’ era but at full time I walked round to the front door to protest peacefully about the shambles of our board at the time. While the current encumbents remain in place and continue to treat supporters as paying muppets, these types of measure are unhelpful but fair game. They need to know that celtic fans will not continue to be treated like this.
We pay to be entertained win lose or draw, but we do not accept laziness, cannae be fucked mentality and non tryers or we take our custom elsewhere, thats what you would do in the city centre if the goods were shite take them back.

No you would only be damaging your sponsors, remember, regardless there will still need to be a business model when things change so NO do not destroy ourselves from within, protect the jobs of ordinary folk who turn up to treat as fans and family, they are not part of this and change will come of that you can be sure for if it does not there is no forgiveness and no renewals, Celtic know this, change will happen.

Back