Should the fans boycott celtic stores

Apparently season ticket holders can still claim back the refund on last seasons ticket, maybe that would be a good way to start sending a message to the ignorant suits running our club.

I have not given up hope of the ten. If we win the two games in hand we are only 5 points behind the team Hitler supported as a boy.
To be off the pace as much as we have and still be close enough to catch the Imposters is a wee bonus.
It would require whatever is going on behind the scenes to be fixed quickly and the team to go on a run similar to last seasons post winter break run.
Can we do it? Yes
Will we do it? I still have hope.
"I have not given up hope of the ten. If we win the two games in hand we are only 5 points behind the team Hitler supported as a boy."

That was the old club Hitler supported for the historians and fact checkers.

The same place it always has , from us the supporters and the boards dealings with sponsors and player sales. The fans where right to protest if not in that manner. Let's be honest though , of the hundreds who were there how many were involved in the ugly scenes ? Not that many , a few dozen perhaps. Those who protested have that right , same as the rest of us have the right to stick by the club that keeps on giving ( remember them) HH
Missing the point if theres a boycott then moneys gonny be even tighter it's not hard to understand a total all out boycott of all things celtic is the daftest thing to do at this time this isnae a good enough reason for that u only do that shit wen you want new owners not a new manager!!!!!

Even if you do boycott you only hurt the club. If the club runs at a loss they will write the loss off.
That's right, but no supporter wants to hurt the Club.
I'd guess quite a few think that the people in charge are hurting it and are unahppy for it to go on. The loss of season ticket money will either put Club in some form of debt unless budgets are reduced accordingly, or they will sell players if anybody would buy them.
It's the Catch 22, supporters don't want it to go on as it is but to have fundamental change, the only way to hit them is in the pocket. Peaceful Protests or 'Violent protests' don't work so what else will

Missing the point if theres a boycott then moneys gonny be even tighter it's not hard to understand a total all out boycott of all things celtic is the daftest thing to do at this time this isnae a good enough reason for that u only do that shit wen you want new owners not a new manager!!!!!

Maybe not necessarily a boycott, maybe start with claiming back last season's ticket refunds.

DD, PL and the rest don't see themselves as answerable to the fans but they sure as fuck are answerable to the shareholders and when the shareholders see that fans are willing to pull that cash and short their dividends to be heard then you can bet yer left baw they will start putting pressure on the board.

This is no longer about the manager, no for me anyway, Lenny and the team's current woes are just a symptom of a wider problem at boardroom level, issues which have been leading us to this point for years now.

Boycott club merchandise, Aye a fuckin brilliant idea in the middle of a pandemic, when the club needs cash. Its a Naw from me.

I just won't be spending as much in club shop/online this Christmas. By 1not buying my Adult kids Celtic tops, but will purchase what my grandweans asked for on their Xmas list.

🍀COYBIG🍀

Maybe not necessarily a boycott, maybe start with claiming back last season's ticket refunds.

DD, PL and the rest don't see themselves as answerable to the fans but they sure as fuck are answerable to the shareholders and when the shareholders see that fans are willing to pull that cash and short their dividends to be heard then you can bet yer left baw they will start putting pressure on the board.

This is no longer about the manager, no for me anyway, Lenny and the team's current woes are just a symptom of a wider problem at boardroom level, issues which have been leading us to this point for years now.
Look mate am not dissing anybody here but does any fanbase get treated like an equal??Apart from the pound we have little say on anything im not saying it's the rite way but its the way clubs are run...fans can never be equal because were so passionate and sometimes dont think things thru properly I just think fans are expecting a bit much....what happens the next time we dont like the manager or how we are playing?? do we just keep protesting till we decide we are all happy??were does it end??the board canny back down to fuming fans outside the stadium we just need to wait for the board to make they're move

Look mate am not dissing anybody here but does any fanbase get treated like an equal??Apart from the pound we have little say on anything im not saying it's the rite way but its the way clubs are run...fans can never be equal because were so passionate and sometimes dont think things thru properly I just think fans are expecting a bit much....what happens the next time we dont like the manager or how we are playing?? do we just keep protesting till we decide we are all happy??were does it end??the board canny back down to fuming fans outside the stadium we just need to wait for the board to make they're move
Cairnsy,we are not equals,we are the heart,soul and lifeblood of our club,the board are temporary custodians,who are judged on their stewardship,i lost it with PL,when he changed from club to company,from fans to customers,in a sense he's done quite well financially,on the other hand he's cost us £ten's of millions by messing in football affairs,and,he's been bloody well rewarded,is this going to be the crash and burn season and the end an era? or............. 🍺 😠

Exactly......apart from the £ we have little say, that is why the £ is our only way of being heard and taken seriously by these people!

It's no about expecting to be treated like an equal mate (though I'd argue that some suit who takes money out the club is not equal to the fans who put their money into it)......it's about no longer allowing ourselves to be treated with contempt.

Lawell and the board asked us to forgo our ST refunds from last season, they asked us to pony up for ST's we all knew we wouldn't be able to use this season, they asked us to do this in the middle of a pandemic where many of us are having to make tough financial choices but still we answered the call, we stepped up and done so to safeguard the future of our club......yet the minute we need the custodians of our club to step up and at the very least acknowledge there are problems, explain the reasoning behind their decisions and inform us of what they have planned to remedy the situation they instead chose to hide away and dodge the flak while the guy they appointed and claimed to have the back of was left out in the open to take all the heat.

They chose to feed squirrel's and press releases that were dripping in arrogant insulting dismissive contempt for the support to despised hacks rather than have the decency to address us directly, then we had those same hacks relaying the message from the majority shareholder that because of the actions of a minority of fans we are all now to be collectively scolded for essentially being entitled spoiled brats who need taught a lesson and after all that we now have the CEO calling for unity and togetherness!

Are they having a laugh, do they expect us all just to meekly fall back into line now they've put us back in our place and trotted out some vacuous statement that doesn't even attempt to address our concerns?

Like I said this is no longer just about the manager's position anymore, this is about a Celtic board's ongoing contempt for a support they expect to endlessly swallow shit! It's about the wider problems that have been rumbling on between the support and those at boardroom level for years now, the current manager and team issues have just brought all those issues to a head.

For too long now they've managed to get away with deflecting and dodging those burning issues by hiding behind titles and trophy's that were won more in spite of them than because of them......but now their worst dereliction of duty is coming back to bite them (and us) on the arse yet they have the audacity to point accusing fingers at a support whose stepped up again and again while they stubbornly refuse to even acknowledge their own failures!

Who really has the sense of entitlement here?

Last edited:
Exactly......apart from the £ we have little say, that is why the £ is our only way of being heard and taken seriously by these people!

It's no about expecting to be treated like an equal mate (though I'd argue that some suit who takes money out the club are not equal to the fans who put their money into it)......it's about no longer allowing ourselves to be treated with contempt.

Lawell and the board asked us to forgo our ST refunds from last season, they asked us to pony up for ST's we all knew we wouldn't be able to use this season, they asked us to do this in the middle of a pandemic where many of us are having to make tough financial choices but still we answered the call, we stepped up and done so to safeguard the future of our club......yet the minute we need the custodians of our club to step up and at the very least acknowledge there are problems, explain the reasoning behind their decisions and inform us of what they have planned to remedy the situation they instead chose to hide away and dodge the flak while the guy they appointed and claimed to have the back off was left out in the open to take all the heat.

They chose to feed squirrel's and press releases that were dripping in arrogant insulting dismissive contempt for the support to despised hacks rather than have the decency to address us directly, then we had those same hacks relaying the message from the majority shareholder that because of the actions of a minority of fans we are all now to be collectively scolded for essentially being entitled spoiled brats who need taught a lesson and after all that we now have the CEO calling for unity and togetherness!

Are they having a laugh, do they expect us all just to meekly fall back into line now they've put us back in our place and trotted out some vacuous statement that doesn't even attempt to address our concerns?

Like I said this is no longer just about the manager's position anymore, this is about a Celtic board's ongoing contempt for a support they expect to endlessly swallow shit! It's about the wider problems that have been rumbling on between the support and those at boardroom level for years now, the current manager and team issues have just brought all those issues to a head.

For too long now they've managed to get away with deflecting and dodging those burning issues by hiding behind titles and trophy's that were won more in spite of them than because of them......but now their worst dereliction of duty is coming back to bite them (and us) on the arse yet they have the audacity to point accusing fingers at a support whose stepped up again and again while they stubbornly refuse to even acknowledge their own failures!

👏 👏👏👏👏👏🍺

WECOME to all the MSM 'journalists' who troll our site and others like it, looking for ammunition, with which to undermine our great club
We know there are problems within the club, and they will be dealt with in due course
We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes, but we do know the season isn't over, we can still win the league
No control of what Celtic will do, but I can control some of what is fed to these chancers in the media
COYBIG
HH

Last edited:
Cairnsy,we are not equals,we are the heart,soul and lifeblood of our club,the board are temporary custodians,who are judged on their stewardship,i lost it with PL,when he changed from club to company,from fans to customers,in a sense he's done quite well financially,on the other hand he's cost us £ten's of millions by messing in football affairs,and,he's been bloody well rewarded,is this going to be the crash and burn season and the end an era? or............. 🍺 😠
I know your bang on there I just think some are being unrealistic expecting the board to pander to them PL has done some excellent things for our club but his wheeling and dealing when it comes to a decent manager or proper investment he fails for most of us hes trying to do just enough for being in our league I get it,but that wee bit extra investment is massive and its difference between were we are and were we want to be

It's no about expecting to be treated like an equal mate (though I'd argue that some suit who takes money out the club is not equal to the fans who put their money into it)......it's about no longer allowing ourselves to be treated with contempt.

Lawell and the board asked us to forgo our ST refunds from last season, they asked us to pony up for ST's we all knew we wouldn't be able to use this season, they asked us to do this in the middle of a pandemic where many of us are having to make tough financial choices but still we answered the call, we stepped up and done so to safeguard the future of our club......yet the minute we need the custodians of our club to step up and at the very least acknowledge there are problems, explain the reasoning behind their decisions and inform us of what they have planned to remedy the situation they instead chose to hide away and dodge the flak while the guy they appointed and claimed to have the back of was left out in the open to take all the heat.

All I'm saying is the protest or a boycott wont help matters and it wid need to be everyone boycotting stuff not just the few so it's not gonny work is it? I've already stated the board have lacked ambition with managers and recruitment a boycott wont change that I'm afraid....think about this from the suits point of view 9 in a row with11/12 trophies in a row apart from a drop in form,from were they stand it's all rosy in desmonds garden people need to be a bit realistic some on here wid flirt with admin just to win the ten its fuckin crazy it's not the be all n end all theres far too much importance put on this season our teams already record breakers during this run of trophies

Ano mickey I totally agree but it disnae matter wit we think I just think theres too many wanting us to spunk every penny and more on saving this season as if it's all or nothing nearly 4 trebles and 11 trophies in a row wee bit of perspective needed aye we want new gaffer but not at the expense of all else just to win the ten that's crazy the way peeps think on here this seasons not the death of our club no matter wit is all ak saying I think 😂

I think you're confusing me with someone who would boycott the club or its merchandise when I've already posted in detail how that's not a good idea.

Members online

Back