Should we bring Paddy home?

For me it’s far from a priority position.

In fact it’s arguably the strongest part of our team.

We’ve got James Forrest, the new lad Shved, and it’s where young Dembele likes to play. There’s also Johnston, and even Morgan as a fallback.

The left wing position is one we could look at, especially after Sinclair leaves.

But for this season we badly need a top right back, 2 centre halfs, and a proper no 9, who can do the dirty stuff.

Maybe even a goalie, and cover at left back.
Totally agree we're covered it would be nice to see him back but really it's an indulgence until the priority positions are sorted.
If Benkovic comes back I'm worried we won't add the second centre half we need. The full backs are the absolute priority for me, I'd like another physical defensive mid. Until recently I wasn't convinced we needed another striker but Ibrox showed me we need physical strength up top. Bayo might be that man but it's too much of a risk. We need more men beside our Bhoys. I think Roberts can be revisited later

For me it’s far from a priority position.

In fact it’s arguably the strongest part of our team.

We’ve got James Forrest, the new lad Shved, and it’s where young Dembele likes to play. There’s also Johnston, and even Morgan as a fallback.

The left wing position is one we could look at, especially after Sinclair leaves.

But for this season we badly need a top right back, 2 centre halfs, and a proper no 9, who can do the dirty stuff.

Maybe even a goalie, and cover at left back.
I have to agree. Paddy is a fantastic talent and if we hadn't been so negligent last summer in the transfer window then we would be better placed to try to encourage him to come "home". But, as you rightly point out we have a number of gaps in our team that desperately need to be filled with decent quality players. Paddy will be expensive to buy and for wages (for us) and has suffered from injuries over the last couple of years, so maybe not great value for money. Ideally Lawell can offload some deadwood, get in half a dozen decent quality players and maybe a luxury player like Paddy, but the reality is we'll sign McKenna & Gary Hooper 15 minutes before the transfer window closes!

Hes a good player no doubt but not this close season,would rather see what shved is all about,also arzani is back,like having 2 new wingers,think we have other areas that take proirity this close season.

Love Paddy and yes its easy to forget all the players, one’s we havent seen yet looking forward to and ones we have briefly.

Just being greedy and over cautious for 9 & 10.

Need troops for the forth coming warfare ??

HH JJ

I have to agree. Paddy is a fantastic talent and if we hadn't been so negligent last summer in the transfer window then we would be better placed to try to encourage him to come "home". But, as you rightly point out we have a number of gaps in our team that desperately need to be filled with decent quality players. Paddy will be expensive to buy and for wages (for us) and has suffered from injuries over the last couple of years, so maybe not great value for money. Ideally Lawell can offload some deadwood, get in half a dozen decent quality players and maybe a luxury player like Paddy, but the reality is we'll sign McKenna & Gary Hooper 15 minutes before the transfer window closes!

We have loads of BR duds to punt...... ?

Gutman and Perez gettin good reviews in the USA,experienced centre back plus Benkovic on loan, maybe a holdin midfielder,think n'chump is probably off,kouwhoassie disnae look like he'll cut it,hardly had a chance and he's still young,forrest,mikey,arzani,shved,morgan,sinclair,think we're covered there,eddy,don't know aboot griff, if he's back and firin great,bayo,we don't know,maybe another striker,so unless a couple of stella(r),see whit ah did there! are comin in,ah don't think were in as bad shape as smsm and some pundit's suggest.

Love Paddy and yes its easy to forget all the players, one’s we havent seen yet looking forward to and ones we have briefly.

Just being greedy and over cautious for 9 & 10.

Need troops for the forth coming warfare ??

HH JJ
If we got really lucky,maybe he will go for another loan and maybe we could pick him up on a pre contract in january but that would depend on the two mentioned and mickey johnstone and lewis morgan,those 4 could really come good,still got hayes and forrest as well.Whatever manager we get,if he can get those guys firing then i reckon the futures looking good.

If we got really lucky,maybe he will go for another loan and maybe we could pick him up on a pre contract in january but that would depend on the two mentioned and mickey johnstone and lewis morgan,those 4 could really come good,still got hayes and forrest as well.Whatever manager we get,if he can get those guys firing then i reckon the futures looking good.

Our wage bill must be phenomenal ooft.

But yeah. Hopefully after the bandaid patched side exciting times are ahead pal. I sure hope so ✊

Gutman and Perez gettin good reviews in the USA,experienced centre back plus Benkovic on loan, maybe a holdin midfielder,think n'chump is probably off,kouwhoassie disnae look like he'll cut it,hardly had a chance and he's still young,forrest,mikey,arzani,shved,morgan,sinclair,think we're covered there,eddy,don't know aboot griff, if he's back and firin great,bayo,we don't know,maybe another striker,so unless a couple of stella(r),see whit ah did there! are comin in,ah don't think were in as bad shape as smsm and some pundit's suggest.
Any team doing the treble treble is in good shape. We've just gone a wee bit stale. Calmac,for example, has played over sixty games this season. I reckon the bhoys are puffed out and could do wi a breather.
Squad players for the cups this year. Experience for the youngsters and a break for the regulars.

Members online

Latest posts

Back