shove yer poppy up yer a**e? Not for me!

See you Thursday night RA man :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Cant imagine you sit in Lisbon Lions stand as they were mainly Brits, cant' be Jock Stein Stand - he was a protestant Brit ffs. 'A club open to all' apart from non-Irish people who have no issue with people wearing a poppy.

I will meet you anywhere at the ground at 7pm.

So you're not from Derry then, you're a plastic paddy, Who was chased for being in the udr. I live in the six counties, I won't be in Glasgow Thursday night. I was really hoping to meet you on home soil to show you around, but obviously you can't come home, if indeed you were ever from there to begin with. Nothing against Protestants or British people. Just the ones like you who took the soup and pulled on a Brit uniform! Infact I now think you're a Hun masquerading as a Celtic fan !

I am a Celtic supporter not a no mark plastic IRA groupie hanging around a Celtic website talking shite. Six counties my arse. Your not at the Celtic game cause your a wee keyboard warrior ya tosser.

Keep your British Post Code. I will be at Celtic Park Thursday and Livingston Sunday not like you hanging around arguing with Celtic Supporters - wearing your sash I bet ya orange git - your not a Celtic Supporter son your a wee boy in phantasy land. I ain't even going to reply to you Orange man who loves the RA - aye right. Celtic supporter my ass.:cool:(y)

Makes sense, an orange man who supports the ra...... Sums you up for the gobshite that you are. An ex greenfinch udr scumbag that can't go home. I'll bet your family has disowned you, you sad fuckin prick. Whether you respond or not, I'll leave the offer on the table if you're ever brave enough to visit gods country. But you know you won't because you don't have the balls ye fuckin shitebag!

Ifs clear from reading this thread that the poppy causes vast division. If people hate it, if they feel incensed by it, then there are literally hundreds of memorial services they could go to with a banner that denounces what it stands for, if that’s your thing.

At a Celtic game is not the place and anybody who does and drags Celtic into the gutter can go fuck themselves. Have a bit of class and don’t give the press here the headlines they want.

I don’t have a problem with anybidy’s views on it. I might not agree with it, I may, but one thing is clear to me, you making your heartfelt opposition at one of our games is not on.

If you choose to embarrass the club when the eyes of those who hate us are drooling at the prospect rather than growing a pair and going to a service to show your heart wrenching opposition, you are no fucking Celtic fan. Your allegiances lie elsewhere. Keep silent or if you want to shout, go elsewhere and do it. Using the anonymity of a crowd is nothing short of cowardice and tells me you don’t have the balls to do it on your own or with like minded pals.

Don’t give our enemies ammunition to attack our club. If you do you are worse than any enemy we have. Screw the nut.

Fuck the blood stained poppy and the fkn butchers apron and all it symbolises.

You honestly think the govts that sent people to an untimely death give a flying fuck.

Its a chore for they mf’rs to work on a feckin sunday.

So if you really want to take the moral highground why not condemn all wars or forever hold your peace.

Keep your British Post Code. I will be at Celtic Park Thursday and Livingston Sunday not like you hanging around arguing with Celtic Supporters - wearing your sash I bet ya orange git - your not a Celtic Supporter son your a wee boy in phantasy land. I ain't even going to reply to you Orange man who loves the RA - aye right. Celtic supporter my ass.:cool:(y)

Eh? Wit are you on about Deadner is for a fact 100% Celtic. His credentials have been on cyberspace for years on our blogs and not once has he said anything dodgy

You are wrong gf

I think that it is good that we have a site where we Celtic fans can share in a mature but honest way
our diverse views on aclearly controversial topic such as the poppy. To place my own cards on the table,Idont envisage myself ever wearing the poppy but I fully support the right of those who do so wish to do just that. My anecdotal experience of observing the streets of Dublin is that very few people
wear the poppy even at the appropriate time of year.This is for a variety of reasons including the historical issues arising from the British ..presence in Ireland.I suspect the snowflake millennials do not see the poppy as other than something slightly eccentric promoted as a sine qua non by sections of the British media at this time of year.No harking back to world wars here!
Idid notice in the nineties following a lot of lobbying by Unionist politicians from six counties that government ministers particularly of Fine Gael and Labour persuation started to attend World War commemorations and maybe indeed sport the poppy in order to be seen to promote the peace
process in an even handed manner,
Personally,Maybe because I had a northern father ,Iinherited much of The James McClean perspective
on the poppy. I also have a clear memory of a particular Celtic v Liverpool European tie in nineties when I had cause to fly out of Belfast City airport and noticed hundreds of stickers placed on parked
cars andwith the message "Wear your poppy with pride".This was the middle of September after all
when the message had nothing but propaganda value.Since then thepoppy has grown into an industry to rival Google and Facebook.It has now moreover become an annual festival whose duration
would be the envy of any promoter of a Summer music festival. Nevertheless,live and let live!
Hail!Hail!

I think that it is good that we have a site where we Celtic fans can share in a mature but honest way
our diverse views on aclearly controversial topic such as the poppy. To place my own cards on the table,Idont envisage myself ever wearing the poppy but I fully support the right of those who do so wish to do just that. My anecdotal experience of observing the streets of Dublin is that very few people
wear the poppy even at the appropriate time of year.This is for a variety of reasons including the historical issues arising from the British ..presence in Ireland.I suspect the snowflake millennials do not see the poppy as other than something slightly eccentric promoted as a sine qua non by sections of the British media at this time of year.No harking back to world wars here!
Idid notice in the nineties following a lot of lobbying by Unionist politicians from six counties that government ministers particularly of Fine Gael and Labour persuation started to attend World War commemorations and maybe indeed sport the poppy in order to be seen to promote the peace
process in an even handed manner,
Personally,Maybe because I had a northern father ,Iinherited much of The James McClean perspective
on the poppy. I also have a clear memory of a particular Celtic v Liverpool European tie in nineties when I had cause to fly out of Belfast City airport and noticed hundreds of stickers placed on parked
cars andwith the message "Wear your poppy with pride".This was the middle of September after all
when the message had nothing but propaganda value.Since then thepoppy has grown into an industry to rival Google and Facebook.It has now moreover become an annual festival whose duration
would be the envy of any promoter of a Summer music festival. Nevertheless,live and let live!
Hail!Hail!
All good points, dublin Tim. HH

Fuck the blood stained poppy and the fkn butchers apron and all it symbolises.

You honestly think the govts that sent people to an untimely death give a flying fuck.

Its a chore for they mf’rs to work on a feckin sunday.

So if you really want to take the moral highground why not condemn all wars or forever hold your peace.

I hold my peace fo no one. If you don’t agree with me, that’s fine. You, or. no one has the right to tell anybody what to think. It says a lot about your character that you think you can.

I hold my peace fo no one. If you don’t agree with me, that’s fine. You, or. no one has the right to tell anybody what to think. It says a lot about your character that you think you can.

Yet you tell people to screw the nut who wish not to wear it. Hypocrite.

I don’t tell them to forever hold their peace.say your peace . I ask them to think of the damage it does to the club. I ask them to listen to what the club says. I ask them to consider who these songs inspire? It isn’t the team.
You must have been spewing when you saw the photo of two of our players holding up the cheque for £10k to the fund.

If they were against it they would have refused. Did you read McLeans words where he said

“If it was just about WW1 and WW2 I would wear one every day.”

How did that statement make you feel?

Are ye ragin at him for that?

If you are ragin at everybody else who shares his sentiments, why not him?

Ifs clear from reading this thread that the poppy causes vast division. If people hate it, if they feel incensed by it, then there are literally hundreds of memorial services they could go to with a banner that denounces what it stands for, if that’s your thing.

At a Celtic game is not the place and anybody who does and drags Celtic into the gutter can go fuck themselves. Have a bit of class and don’t give the press here the headlines they want.

I don’t have a problem with anybidy’s views on it. I might not agree with it, I may, but one thing is clear to me, you making your heartfelt opposition at one of our games is not on.

If you choose to embarrass the club when the eyes of those who hate us are drooling at the prospect rather than growing a pair and going to a service to show your heart wrenching opposition, you are no fucking Celtic fan. Your allegiances lie elsewhere. Keep silent or if you want to shout, go elsewhere and do it. Using the anonymity of a crowd is nothing short of cowardice and tells me you don’t have the balls to do it on your own or with like minded pals.

Don’t give our enemies ammunition to attack our club. If you do you are worse than any enemy we have. Screw the nut.

This is your post that i don’t like. You expressed your views in it.

Im expressing mines by saying i dont agree dont like it and dont appreciate being told what to do, which is why i wanted to see how you felt about being told where to stick it.

I like james mclean would have no problem if the poppy was used to commemmorate in remembrance of the 2 first world wars.

What i dont agree with for the millionth time is it is now used as a birch to beat people like me into wearing it who do not agree with brit troops in ireland or for that matter brit rule.

So i wont wear one EVER.

Because i wont wear one does not mean i would think badly of celts who do it simply means get the blood red poppy away tae fuck from me.

It does not mean either that i need you to tell me to go and be disrespectful at a cenotauph or monument to embolden why i wont wear one.

It is my right not to wear it as it is my right to feel the way i do about it.

Celtic giving assistance to the troops is up to them.

But how fkn dare you tell me to get a grip.

By doing so you are saying your way or the highway.

You wear the poppy its immaterial to me but dont tell me to get a grip because i won’t.

Not wearing a poppy is not causing a scene to our club and only a person who thinks that you would have to ask them why.

I would never ever disrupt a silence for the dead, for me personally it lacks class and i wouldnt disrespect myself in disrespecting the dead.

But it is a huge leap to intimate that all Celtic fans disrupt these silences because being a regular i know it to be the odd idiot and our fans who wish not to be present do the decent thing and come in 5 minutes after kick off.

Again still decent and not disrespecting no-one.

I dont like nor appreciate how people lump Celtic fans into the collective of the odd idiot, its not on.

This is your post that i don’t like. You expressed your views in it.

Im expressing mines by saying i dont agree dont like it and dont appreciate being told what to do, which is why i wanted to see how you felt about being told where to stick it.

I like james mclean would have no problem if the poppy was used to commemmorate in remembrance of the 2 first world wars.

What i dont agree with for the millionth time is it is now used as a birch to beat people like me into wearing it who do not agree with brit troops in ireland or for that matter brit rule.

So i wont wear one EVER.

Because i wont wear one does not mean i would think badly of celts who do it simply means get the blood red poppy away tae fuck from me.

It does not mean either that i need you to tell me to go and be disrespectful at a cenotauph or monument to embolden why i wont wear one.

It is my right not to wear it as it is my right to feel the way i do about it.

Celtic giving assistance to the troops is up to them.

But how fkn dare you tell me to get a grip.

By doing so you are saying your way or the highway.

You wear the poppy its immaterial to me but dont tell me to get a grip because i won’t.

Not wearing a poppy is not causing a scene to our club and only a person who thinks that you would have to ask them why.

I would never ever disrupt a silence for the dead, for me personally it lacks class and i wouldnt disrespect myself in disrespecting the dead.

But it is a huge leap to intimate that all Celtic fans disrupt these silences because being a regular i know it to be the odd idiot and our fans who wish not to be present do the decent thing and come in 5 minutes after kick off.

Again still decent and not disrespecting no-one.

I dont like nor appreciate how people lump Celtic fans into the collective of the odd idiot, its not on.

I never said all did Maria. I actually began to believe it was huns going to the game to do it to give the press a field day. I understand people’s views on the poppy and all that surrounds it. All I have ever wanted is not to fall into the trap the cunts at the SPFL set for us every fucking year. That’s it.

Members online

Latest posts

Back