shove yer poppy up yer a**e? Not for me!

Bobby Sands was an elected representative who genuinely made the ultimate sacrifice for the betterment of others.

His was a conscious and moral choice to highlight the issue of fundamental human rights and the protected characteristics contained within.

The right to life is one of these protected characteristics, yet successive governments chose to forfeit this privilige (by proxy), by choosing to engage in warfare.......many of which have since been recognised as illegal and hostile acts against sovereign territories.

The poppy is a bastardised attempt to negate these acts and to minimise each governments responsibility in the engagement of war.

The poppy is a symbol of doomed youth and of the slaughter.

It does not recognise the INNOCENT civilians who fell victim to the military and therefore - it has no place on my breast
Aye ano who Bobby Sands was? what a shitey thread

Most of you all know my feelings on the poppy. Wear it don't wear it is a personal choice. If it meant I and 11 world wars then I would wear lt. But it is also representive of ALL conflicts fought by British and Commonwealth forces. Therein lies the great debate. I noticed Matic at Man United did not wear one and I totally get his argument for not wearing a poppy. His village was bombed by nato forces during the Kosovo war. He was 12 yrs old at the time. One more thing and this is my last post on this matter we go to livingstone on Sun those who do not wish to take part in 2mins silence stay outside the ground till silence is over respect others who wish to take part.. I know its a thorny subject but rem the Celtic family will always do the right thing. HH ☘️

Yes the anti-poppy brigade plays into Nazi Govan who have a fascist element in their fan base who pretend to be outraged as there is no excuse for not respect the war dead of WWI & II. The wider world population and those in the UK just don't get the politics of disrespecting people who fought fascism and tyranny. Hence if you don't wear a poppy don't....but don't slag those who do. Incidentally Deadner, the majority of Celtic fans are British - check the passports.

Deadner , you'll be known as 'ner' ya prick if you get directions to Glasgow. You said 35,000 people had a choice ya sanctimonious prick. So did Bobby but all made the right choices for them. Let me know what game your coming to and then preach to me about Derry ya wee wing nut. Did ye do something big in the RA did ye? Did ye? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Tell us all about your struggles man.....

Yes the anti-poppy brigade plays into Nazi Govan who have a fascist element in their fan base who pretend to be outraged as there is no excuse for not respect the war dead of WWI & II. The wider world population and those in the UK just don't get the politics of disrespecting people who fought fascism and tyranny. Hence if you don't wear a poppy don't....but don't slag those who do. Incidentally Deadner, the majority of Celtic fans are British - check the passports.

Deadner , you'll be known as 'ner' ya prick if you get directions to Glasgow. You said 35,000 people had a choice ya sanctimonious prick. So did Bobby but all made the right choices for them. Let me know what game your coming to and then preach to me about Derry ya wee wing nut. Did ye do something big in the RA did ye? Did ye? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Tell us all about your struggles man.....
Really mature reply...

??‍♂️

I be in Glasgow fairly soon, but seeing you're supposedly from Derry, I could save you the journey. You're welcome to meet me anywhere in the six counties....... And why not bring your Union Jack with ye big man!

Why don't ye spin us another one of your yarns about some boy from Mayo, that has zero relevance to anything? Do ye actually live in Derry or were ye chased? Or did ye have to leave because your da was a Brit? Or maybe you were a brit? Did the soup taste nice?

It's not Govan, it's Ibrox. Aaargh:mad:

tom seymour on talksport," the f.a is wrong about james mcClean,he explained why he could'nt wear it, there is pressure on footballers to wear it, the poppy has lost its real meaning"

Reactions: TET

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back