Sifting through the wreckage.

Boycotts only work when EVERYONE does the same and I can't see that happening either, Kev.

There will be a natural drop-off by season ticket holders but there are always queues of folk waiting to take their place. Takings are a cert to go down next season though. Who wants to pay good money to NOT see their team? The finances will mean us buying from the bargain basement and not winning the league again.

The change has to happen now. Lennon has to go and whoever decided our Prima Donnas needed a wee sunny break should be at his back as well as the players who can't get fit enough to play for 90 fkn minutes.
It absolutely needs to happen now mate, totally agree!

Also agree about the finances, more fanciful thinking than anything, but I just don't see anyone at the Club acting.

Lenny could walk. I think that's our best bet for a management shift this season.
He could decide to bow out now for the good of the Club, without his reputation suffering any more damage.

Lawell should resign this week, but that will never happen.

I'm more than worried that there's no realistic quick-fix to these institutional failings on and off the field.

I have real misgivings about our future successes unless there's huge changes across the board. (pun intended.)

It absolutely needs to happen now mate, totally agree!

Also agree about the finances, more fanciful thinking than anything, but I just don't see anyone at the Club acting.

Lenny could walk. I think that's our best bet for a management shift this season.
He could decide to bow out now for the good of the Club, without his reputation suffering any more damage.

Lawell should resign this week, but that will never happen.

I'm more than worried that there's no realistic quick-fix to these institutional failings on and off the field.

I have real misgivings about our future successes unless there's huge changes across the board. (pun intended.)
Bring back the bunnet

Still mathematically possible, just have tae win every game!
Still believed that was possible before last night's match MD I really did, hence the reason for being so against the match taken place and a great opportunity to throw the whole SPL into chaos and outside chance of getting a null and void season.
That has gone now with playing and not getting a result.
Agree with everything everyone has stated and action I believe needs to be taken in order to force change.
Just wondering if a demand on a refund on remainder of the season on season tickets could be enforced to try and bring about change?

I’ve started three times to write this post.

so third time lucky maybe.

I’m absolutely gutted that we have lost the league, lost the 10iar.

we didn’t lose this league because the huns are that good.

we lost the league because of our CFC incompetence, utter shambolic organising of events through a Pandemic, and lack of foresight in management and coaching staff etc.

I’m no going into it all because we all know that our board were instrumental in not only our loss to a financially strapped club but that this loss of the 10iar was of epic proportions.

but you know also we have seen the corruption in Scottish football not hidden any more but in plain sight. The bias tv commentaries, so the world and his wife can put the boot in to Celtic and we haven’t a leg to stand on.

I hope this is a watershed moment and PL can see what has happened to our club through his blatant inaction and maybe worse collusion with the powers that be in Scottish football. HH💚
Peter Lawell will choose only to see what suits himself, Celtic Rose. He is completely blinkered. His level of pompousness, arrogance and self delusion is of idiotic proportions.
We have for a long time, been critical of the MIBs and quite rightly so. While at the same time ignoring our very own MIB in Peter Lawell, whose actions have wrecked havoc on our club for years now.
He has done more damage to our club in his tenure, than all the other MIBs put together. He would get a standing ovation in the Lanarkshire Association. They would probably propose him for a Knighthood, which in my opinion he would gladly accept.

Again I apologise for venting my negative frustrations on the forum. But the anger over his hubris and behaviour just sickens me. He is no Celtic man. Get out.

Last edited:
Why can't we focus on young players from all over the world get a proper scouting network going for a start then we widnae need to jump into deals like duffy look at leipzig and Salzburg owned by bloody billionaires and they still take the time to scout Africa, scandanavia and every where else noo granted being a red bull team helps attract them but if were there looking in these same areas we will find very good players to mould and make better to be sold aye it might sound awe pie in the sky buy I really believe we as a club could easily adopt that philosophy to our own benefit its fuckkn better than 2 mill on the duffster that's for sure lol

Why can't we focus on young players from all over the world get a proper scouting network going for a start then we widnae need to jump into deals like duffy look at leipzig and Salzburg owned by bloody billionaires and they still take the time to scout Africa, scandanavia and every where else noo granted being a red bull team helps attract them but if were there looking in these same areas we will find very good players to mould and make better to be sold aye it might sound awe pie in the sky buy I really believe we as a club could easily adopt that philosophy to our own benefit its fuckkn better than 2 mill on the duffster that's for sure lol
Agreed but would also have real concerns about our coaching set up to develop young players, we seen last night that many of our younger players are still a long way short of becoming 1st team squad members and regulars for the team

Mixed feelings towards Celtic today. Obviously I love Celtic and that will never ever change but it feels like the thing i love is being held prisoner by people I absolutely hate. I want to give my 100% support to celtic but it's hard because that would mean supporting the bastards that are holding the my club prisoner. Not a single fucking word from the board or lennon regarding this clustetfuck of a season and the cherry on the cake that was Dubai. Unless I've missed it.

So, after snatching a draw from the jaws of victory last night with only injury time to prevail we face all the usual negative headlines today.
Oh yes they're all out there. Nothing guarantees more clicks than a negative headline that mentions,
A. Celtic.
B. Neil Lennon.
C. P Lawwell.
D. Covid-19 and/or Dubai.
F. All four.
Yes all the bloggers are having a field day, even our own, (go on admit your clicks are up).
Well fuck em. Fuck the lot of em.
Ok WE have been a part of our own decent, talk about shooting yourself in the foot (Dubai).
Bolingoli incident was beyond our control and dealt with. Other Covid issues have happened through players being on International duty, again not our fault. The press have the scent of blood and are fucking loving it. Just today I read Gerarrd is about to 'make a move' for a Dons player, yet we are 'set to miss out' on 'another' target. Expect all this and more till the end of the transfer window.
Heres the thing though, we ARE going to struggle to attract new players when it looks likely we've already lost the league AND a managerial change is imminent. The huns will attract the type that wants to jump on the bandwagon for a bit of glory on the coat tails of the ones that have been there a few years. I wouldnt mind if they win it fair and square but WE'VE basically handed it to them.
NL's stubborn insistence on sticking with the same old players and/or adding dross to an already shaky defence, switching formations only adding the best 2 players we've seen for a number of years when his arm was twisted up his back, has handed the huns the title.

All we want now is a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Stop treating the fans with contempt. All we want is a little positivity, some hope.
FFS people have lost friends and relatives to this bastard virus. Its time the men at the top stepped up to the plate. If they cant do THEIR jobs, its time they shipped out too, if DD is bored with his plaything well sell your shares an DO ONE. Ultimately theres only one language these guys understand, MONEY. OK we've had 9 years of success domestically on the field, but they've had 9 years of success in their pockets. So dont give us this 'entitled' supporters crap. They've benefited more than anyone by our success.

NOW ITS TIME THEY PAID SOME BACK.!!! INVEST.

Mixed feelings towards Celtic today. Obviously I love Celtic and that will never ever change but it feels like the thing i love is being held prisoner by people I absolutely hate. I want to give my 100% support to celtic but it's hard because that would mean supporting the bastards that are holding the my club prisoner. Not a single fucking word from the board or lennon regarding this clustetfuck of a season and the cherry on the cake that was Dubai. Unless I've missed it.
I don't hold Lennon responsible, at least for Dubai, but the CEO is absolutely responsible.
If it had been the CEO of a real listed company with multiple institutional shareholders you can be sure a press release re parting by mutual consent would be out within 48 hours.
You get paid big bucks to get the big decisions right. He didn't... goodbye.
HH

Agreed but would also have real concerns about our coaching set up to develop young players, we seen last night that many of our younger players are still a long way short of becoming 1st team squad members and regulars for the team
Ano mate was meaning changing the lot of them aswell every coach must go aswell as lenny n Kennedy n the rest somebody like the brentford boss hes done brilliant doon there

Members online

Latest posts

Back