Signings

Hooper, I could see. Transfer fee and wages would be within range surely? Wanyama, I'd love it but sounds like wishful thinking

I'd love Wanyama back. If we get him it's a new transfer record unless his contract is up soon. Was talking to some mates about Hooper. 30, knows the place well, shouldn't cost too much, still scoring goals. Good option as 1 of 3 strikers for a few years.

We should be looking to sign French or Belgium players. The French 12 National academies turn out a lot of players who go on to be internationalists for France and former colonies lie Cote d' Ivorie and Senegal.

Our 3 French signings have all done well

All the good ones get hoovered up by the big clubs, best bet is to keep an eye n get them after they have made a moved ala ntcham/eddy, only the cream make it at the big clubs

We should be looking to sign French or Belgium players. The French 12 National academies turn out a lot of players who go on to be internationalists for France and former colonies lie Cote d' Ivorie and Senegal.

Our 3 French signings have all done well
One of them has done very well for himself. He also huffed and knifed us in the back before doing well for himself!

One of them has done very well for himself. He also huffed and knifed us in the back before doing well for himself!

I know loyalty seems to be non-existent these days, but if you lay down the law when they arrive, e.g. give us 3 years n ul get ur move, should be easier to manage. Dembele seen an opportunity n bcos of our poor planning we antagonised the situation by playing the “no replacement” card

There was always the danger with Dembele that his hamstrings were too fragile. Might end up being the case that he’s one of those guys who can’t give you a full season. Time will tell in any case. In selling him we kind of hedged the bets. If he’s durable we should get a good sell on commission and if he’s not we banked decent money while he had retail value

There was always the danger with Dembele that his hamstrings were too fragile. Might end up being the case that he’s one of those guys who can’t give you a full season. Time will tell in any case. In selling him we kind of hedged the bets. If he’s durable we should get a good sell on commission and if he’s not we banked decent money while he had retail value
It doesn't matter if we got 100m for him. Lawell won't spend it anyway. I also don't give a fuck how dembele goes on to do, he done the complete judas and left us in a very bad position with only two strikers. As far as I'm concerned he's a scumbag and hopefully some day he'll realise what a scumbag act he pulled.

I know loyalty seems to be non-existent these days, but if you lay down the law when they arrive, e.g. give us 3 years n ul get ur move, should be easier to manage. Dembele seen an opportunity n bcos of our poor planning we antagonised the situation by playing the “no replacement” card
Unfortunately when a player starts to play well for us, their scumbag agents see pound signs and poison their heads. That's what made Larsson so special, he didn't listen to them. But you're right about loyalty.

Loyalty in football is very rare these days. Young players with talent quickly have their heads poisened by agents with promises of vast amounts of cash. Trophies and honours don't seem to matter anymore. And even the players you think are the most loyal can easily have their heads turned. You constantly hear the excuse from commentators about it being a short career and players having to get what they can from the game. I believe that to be utter nonsense. No kid kicking a ball against the wall at 6 years old is dreaming of what cash they can make. The lucky ones who make it should just feel proud and honoured to be a pro. They should want to end their career with memories of famous matches and maybe few medals. Unfortunately players only seem to care about how much cash is in their bank accounts.

I consider a good signing as a player who plays well for Celtic. It doesn't matter that the leave us later but his good displays usually result in an increase in his transfer value.

The 3 French players were good signings because of how they played for us. If they are sold on for a profit all well and good.

Celtic will increase Brendans Budget for the next window

I consider a good signing as a player who plays well for Celtic. It doesn't matter that the leave us later but his good displays usually result in an increase in his transfer value.

The 3 French players were good signings because of how they played for us. If they are sold on for a profit all well and good.

Celtic will increase Brendans Budget for the next window
That's the point, they won't increase the budget. Lawell is a stingy bastard. But he will pick up his massive bonus at the end of the year!

And Brendan will be told he can't have a budget increase cos we never made Champs League. Lawell never lost sleep over the dembele fuck up. He made 20 million so his bonus was intact. Don't count on our board to back Brendan in January...you may be disappointed.

Members online

Latest posts

Back