Signings ???

Vigobhoy

We whinge about the board when we are hurting but there are genuine questions which must be asked. Looking at what Celtic have spent recently (this year) is a worry to me. We have spent £3m on a left back who is not a left back. A further £7m on a CB who can't get a game.... I don't believe for one second the crap about him not being fit enough. Don't get me started about a CF bought 7 months ago. Was he struck down by Beri Beri. So long that would be considered for a player who had a hamstring problem??? SEVEN MONTHS..seriously? That is £600,000 on wages plus the £12 million we spent to buy players we can't or won't use on LONG term contracts. How can our recruitment be sooooo bad?

Last edited:
We whinge about the board when we are hurting but there are genuine questions which must be asked. Looking at what Celtic have spent recently (this year) is a worry to me. We have spent £3m on a left back who is not a left back. A further £7m on a CB who can't get a game.... I don't believe for one second the crap about him not being fit enough. Don't get me started about a CF bought 7 months ago. Was he struck down by Beri Beri. So long that would be considered for a player who had a hamstring problem??? SEVEN MONTHS..seriously? That is £600,000 plus the £12 million we spent to buy players we can't or won't use on LONG term contracts. How can our recruitment be sooooo bad?

It’s so bad because the people in charge of it obviously don’t have a fucking clue.

This is it VB. We have no transparency on the football structure. We had John Park he was replaced by Lee Congerton and we have the summer intern Nicky Hammond ( a man without a job title). The leaked memo looks like it could now be a committee approach but at the end of the day in terms of responsibility we no longer know.

I really, really hope that I'm wrong. I really, really hope that the analysis of the three highlighted players in the OP is a reflection of their ability and not of their melanin levels, but I have this nagging doubt that ethnicity and skin pigmentation are influencing some of the contributors views on the ability of these players.

It wouldn't be the first time I've got something completely wrong, so please reassure me that I'm way off the mark with this thought also.

Neither of these three players has thus far covered themselves in glory, but that might not necessarily be of their own volition.

Just please confirm that I'm way off beam and that I'm looking at this all wrong.

I really, really hope that I'm wrong. I really, really hope that the analysis of the three highlighted players in the OP is a reflection of their ability and not of their melanin levels, but I have this nagging doubt that ethnicity and skin pigmentation are influencing some of the contributors views on the ability of these players.

It wouldn't be the first time I've got something completely wrong, so please reassure me that I'm way off the mark with this thought also.

Neither of these three players has thus far covered themselves in glory, but that might not necessarily be of their own volition.

Just please confirm that I'm way off beam and that I'm looking at this all wrong.

Cant see it to be honest, if and it still is if there is a split my opinion is it will be about the wage structure in some way, but like you I hope I'm wrong and its just a teething problem for the newbies.

H.H

Way off. Only footballing ability or lack of concerns me. I don’t give a fuck what colour you are, if you happen to be of a religious persuasion, I think they’re all made up, what country you come from, or what fucking planet you come from.

Fit the shirt is all I demand.

So far they haven’t and once again our mid to front have been undermined by a defence that is that in name only.

A fucking shambles that has been left for three years. We bring in 3 and the fucking manager who signed them has no confidence in them. Sacking offence right there.

His selection was schoolboy manager bad. In fact I won’t disrespect my old school and guild managers as they wouldn’t have picked that team.

We shot ourselves in the head four fucking times.

Christie scores, bring on Bitton if Julien is that bad. Lenny showed me last night that his game management just doesn’t fit the jersey. He then had the gall to say our defence cost us. No Lenny, YOUR FUCKING DEFENCE COST US.

A shambles and I feel sorry for Edouard and Christie and Ntcham. But not as sorry as I do for us.

One of my wishes is for us to have a defence that isn’t a total embarrassment. Looks like that I will have a dirty weekend with Emily Blunt before that happens.

We all talked about how physical we knew this game would be and so it turned out. Playing Johnson who was muscled into oblivion was another example of Lenny getting it wrong.

It’s all about the players and their ability. Bain, Brown, Calmac, Ajer all utter pish and all Caucasian.

Way off. Only footballing ability or lack of concerns me. I don’t give a fuck what colour you are, if you happen to be of a religious persuasion, I think they’re all made up, what country you come from, or what fucking planet you come from.

Fit the shirt is all I demand.

So far they haven’t and once again our mid to front have been undermined by a defence that is that in name only.

A fucking shambles that has been left for three years. We bring in 3 and the fucking manager who signed them has no confidence in them. Sacking offence right there.

His selection was schoolboy manager bad. In fact I won’t disrespect my old school and guild managers as they wouldn’t have picked that team.

We shot ourselves in the head four fucking times.

Christie scores, bring on Bitton if Julien is that bad. Lenny showed me last night that his game management just doesn’t fit the jersey. He then had the gall to say our defence cost us. No Lenny, YOUR FUCKING DEFENCE COST US.

A shambles and I feel sorry for Edouard and Christie and Ntcham. But not as sorry as I do for us.

One of my wishes is for us to have a defence that isn’t a total embarrassment. Looks like that I will have a dirty weekend with Emily Blunt before that happens.

We all talked about how physical we knew this game would be and so it turned out. Playing Johnson who was muscled into oblivion was another example of Lenny getting it wrong.

It’s all about the players and their ability. Bain, Brown, Calmac, Ajer all utter pish and all Caucasian.
I wasn't questioning all contributors, Verdi, only certain patterns that appear to be emerging.

As a matter of fact, I would cite you as being the least discriminatory, as you are an equal opportunist in who you swing the hammer at and give pelters to. How can you possibly discriminate when you gie a' cunt shit!

SP,you are entitled to your views ,nobody can deny you that ,like you I have the same views ,and if wrong will be the first to raise my hands and say ‘ sorry’ got it wrong ,but until them ,stick by them ,you may be wrong ,or right ,only time will tell ,but we don’t have a lot ,do we ,??? Hh

WHAT..... FFS. Go have a lie down. Did I mention Edouard. or Ntcham? I only mentioned 3 players whom we have spent £12 million quid on this year who seem either unfit for purpose and if so... I ask who is responsible. How does that equate to racism. Get over yourself

Last edited:
We whinge about the board when we are hurting but there are genuine questions which must be asked. Looking at what Celtic have spent recently (this year) is a worry to me. We have spent £3m on a left back who is not a left back. A further £7m on a CB who can't get a game.... I don't believe for one second the crap about him not being fit enough. Don't get me started about a CF bought 7 months ago. Was he struck down by Beri Beri. So long that would be considered for a player who had a hamstring problem??? SEVEN MONTHS..seriously? That is £600,000 plus the £12 million we spent to buy players we can't or won't use on LONG term contracts. How can our recruitment be sooooo bad?
It’s nothing to do with the Board.
Unfortunately we have coaching staff who are not up to speed in the latest tactical systems and football no how!
Celtic at present are playing old Scottish tactics and can’t play modern football or use modern tactics.
The only change that NL has incorporated is the use of the Long Ball. I am sure even Celtic fans can see it.
Let’s seriously look at the way we play and stop having pops at the Board....

Reactions: Ray
This is it VB. We have no transparency on the football structure. We had John Park he was replaced by Lee Congerton and we have the summer intern Nicky Hammond ( a man without a job title). The leaked memo looks like it could now be a committee approach but at the end of the day in terms of responsibility we no longer know.
When u see the job Petrescu has done with Cluj, on a 10th of our budget. Then of course it leads to scrutiny of the coaching and technical capability not the bloody player recruitment process

WHAT..... FFS. Go have a lie down. Did I mention Edouard. or Ntcham? I only mentioned 3 players whom we have spent £12 million quid on this year who seem either unfit for purpose and if so... I ask who is responsible. How does that equate to racism. Get over yourself
Simple question requiring a simple answer, vigo!

Nothing more, nothing less..........

Question duly answered

When u see the job Petrescu has done with Cluj, on a 10th of our budget. Then of course it leads to scrutiny of the coaching and technical capability not the bloody player recruitment process.

When u see the job Petrescu has done with Cluj, on a 10th of our budget. Then of course it leads to scrutiny of the coaching and technical capability not the bloody player recruitment process
We lost at this stage last year to AEK Athens under a different coach.
If we look at failures are how to remedy issues we're better having a full examination of everyone's role. Not only the board and not only the tactics. All of it.

Really bad form asking a question like that though. SP. Sorry I bristled. Bad day for everybody all round.
Truth is, it came on the back of something someone said while watching the game last night.

Kinda triggered me and got my heckles up and I wasn't sure if this was just an isolated idiot or a common consensus?

Apologies for any inference.........it's one of those days alright, vigo, I've got holes in my tongue with biting it and welts in my palm where I've dug the nails in.

Members online

Latest posts

Back