Sinclair On The Left For Cup Final

Wilma, I agree Sinclair is a lovely guy, who really understands 'playing for Celtic' and who has scored some important goals for us in the past. But as I've stated previously, the stats are skewed due to early season games and matches against the bottom 6 teams. Since Boxing Day he his stats against top 6 SPL teams + Valencia (he was only picked for 1 game) are truly awful. He has started 10 games (subbed off in 6) and come on in 5 games. In a total playing time of ~820 minutes (getting towards nearly 14 hours), he has scored zero goals and contributed zero assists. For a senior player on one of the highest wages, that is absolutely terrible. These are the games we need our top experienced players to step up in, not go hiding in. I would be delighted if he proves me wrong and batters Hearts with a hat-trick, but at the moment I believe there are others players more deserving of a start than him based on current form and contribution to the team performance.

Thanx Bridie that explains it better than me, i don’t ever know stats and the like i only ever know what im watching.

I can understand his goals why wilma posted but i can’t base a footballers sum worth on goals especially when some would have been penalties and against easier opposition at a time when stronger pro’s are onside with you.

I agree he can be better but he does score goals and important goals when as a team Celtic struggle to score. If he plays on Sat and does nothing but score 1 goal to win the treble then I will be delighted. He was outstanding in his first year. How many players this year have been below par. I suggest the majority. How many games have we beat teams by 4 or more goals? which suggests we are playing below par nevertheless we are on track for a historical treble and if Sinclair does get picked for Sat then I've got a we feeling he will score.
I hope you're right about Sinclair scoring. Sadly too many players have underperformed but I've just posted on another thread that this is made worse by the ridiculous year round playing schedule dreamt up by UEFA. Many of our team will be playing competitive internationals up to mid June, then we start champions league qualifiers early July. This is going on year after year! Anyway, hope Scott scores the winner on Saturday and makes me look silly! ?

Defo not for me. How lonh do we wait on him emulating his first season when stats prior to him rocking up at Celtic support ONE season wonder. Then he gets found out and too easily shoved off the ball that he wont take a player on.

Thanx Bridie that explains it better than me, i don’t ever know stats and the like i only ever know what im watching.

I can understand his goals why wilma posted but i can’t base a footballers sum worth on goals especially when some would have been penalties and against easier opposition at a time when stronger pro’s are onside with you.
Football imho is abt goals weaker teams park the bus and make it harder to score. Smaller clubs play Celtic like thier Cup final and try harder. Our strikers have struggled and without SS & JF goals we would struggle. All the team in my opinion have been below par. We have struggled to break teams down we have struggled to score from corners up until last 2 games. Scott Sinclair has contributed since he was signed 3 years ago and agree he never hit the heights of his 1st season but who did. If we win the historical treble treble then he has contributed as much as any other.

I agree he can be better but he does score goals and important goals when as a team Celtic struggle to score. If he plays on Sat and does nothing but score 1 goal to win the treble then I will be delighted. He was outstanding in his first year. How many players this year have been below par. I suggest the majority. How many games have we beat teams by 4 or more goals? which suggests we are playing below par nevertheless we are on track for a historical treble and if Sinclair does get picked for Sat then I've got a we feeling he will score.
hope so Wilma,ah'm swayed between pickin our most experienced team or stickin a couple of hungry young gun's in
bain,lustig,simunovic,ajer,tierney,
broony,mcgregor,
forrest,rogic, sinclair
eddy. or
bain,
ralston,simunovic,ajer,tierney
broony,mcgregor
forrest,henderson,johnston
eddy

Football imho is abt goals weaker teams park the bus and make it harder to score. Smaller clubs play Celtic like thier Cup final and try harder. Our strikers have struggled and without SS & JF goals we would struggle. All the team in my opinion have been below par. We have struggled to break teams down we have struggled to score from corners up until last 2 games. Scott Sinclair has contributed since he was signed 3 years ago and agree he never hit the heights of his 1st season but who did. If we win the historical treble treble then he has contributed as much as any other.

I disagree. What kind of footballer cannot take a player on and is shoved off the ball like a weakling.

You have your opinion that im not trying to change in any way i respect your right to yours and im only expressing my opinion

1558562059393.png

I disagree many times rodgers didnt get anything out of him either.

Racial abuse is disgusting but all our bhoys get fenian abuse.

For me personally too often found wanting.

Stats and things
60 goals and assists not a bad return for 3.5 mill, Sinclair
51 goals from Moussa before he left
between the two total transfer fees to bring in we spent more on lights and brought in 20 mill,
101 goals for nothing. and 8 titles, not too bad,

Stats and things
60 goals and assists not a bad return for 3.5 mill, Sinclair
51 goals from Moussa before he left
between the two total transfer fees to bring in we spent more on lights and brought in 20 mill,
101 goals for nothing. and 8 titles, not too bad,
maybe does'nt do it every game but his goals and assists can't be questioned,he's been racially abused,had bottles,coins lighters and bags of shite thrown at him,does he complain, naw, total pro,his mentor sneaked off like a thief in the feckin night,what did he do,agreed to stay for another year! HH Sincy!!

Members online

Back