Sinclair

Robbyp

I have, up to now, been a big defender of Scotty Sinclair, but sadly i have now come to the conclusion that he is indeed an empty shirt. Not the worst player i have ever seen, but mostly a disappointment. One good game in 10 is not enough. Run forward, always check back to make sure there are a couple of defenders that you might beat (in your dreams), run straight at them, ignore all other possible options, lose the ball immediately, flounder like a landed fish, fall on your arse. Repeat ad nauseum, Fuckssake, even i could that! Thoughts?

Unfortunately, he is a one trick pony, he has to mix it up a bit imho, although I think is time is almost up with us, we have 2 wingers out on loan and Mikey J ,along with Jamsie and Jonny Hayes competing for a wingers place, and hopefully in a season or so wee Kady will be pushing for a start also.

I Watched today and honestly I thought he was like a man down. I think he needs to move on, 2 shit seasons in a row. I know he gets goals but someone else in his position could get goals and also do some other good stuff. Cheers for the magic of season 1.

I have, up to now, been a big defender of Scotty Sinclair, but sadly i have now come to the conclusion that he is indeed an empty shirt. Not the worst player i have ever seen, but mostly a disappointment. One good game in 10 is not enough. Run forward, always check back to make sure there are a couple of defenders that you might beat (in your dreams), run straight at them, ignore all other possible options, lose the ball immediately, flounder like a landed fish, fall on your arse. Repeat ad nauseum, Fuckssake, even i could that! Thoughts?

Run at defences and make them stop you

Shd neva play agane noo lg is Dun!! No a fan ae Burke either but cannot watch this fukin dud cut in & lose the baw wan mare time! Cheery bye..Thanks fur the Memories!!✋✋
To b honest he was brilliant that first season and really poor last season this season he has been shocking and deffo shouldn’t hav started today.
Should have been hooked at half time but Lennon leaves him on strange when Burke sittin on the bench wae pace tae burn.

To b honest he was brilliant that first season and really poor last season this season he has been shocking and deffo shouldn’t hav started today.
Should have been hooked at half time but Lennon leaves him on strange when Burke sittin on the bench wae pace tae burn.
Honestly don’t know how he stayed on the park whilst Forrest, who admittedly didn’t have a great game himself, as he was so predictable & the full-back O’Donnell had him in his pocket all afternoon.
It’s now clear why he had so many clubs earlier in his career. Frustrating to say the least. Teams know his routine now & it’s time to try someone else in this position?

He seems to be the perfect example of a "confidence player". Brilliant first season, poor last season and worse this season. I know he still has good stats, but my eyes don't lie and sadly he is far too inconsistent these days. Very frustrating that he plays so much despite some woeful performances when there are more deserving of a chance twiddling their thumbs on the bench week after week. He has the skills but not sure he has enough fight in him. It's a shame cos I like him as a person but that isnt enough to justify the relatively high wages he is earning.

There's no doubts hes never been that first season player but personally I can't argue with his stats. For a player that all are saying (inc me) hasn't been doing it. He's still our 3rd top scorer this season with 9 and 2 assists. He's not the only one and it says a lot about the side when Bain and Ajer, broony have been our best players recently. He Is frustrating definately but I can't argue against a winger who consistently weighs in with double figures goals and assists every season. I'm of the opinion if he's doing that when hes shite ? Why all the moaning then? If the goals and assists dry up then aye for sure get rid but when he can still do it when he's shite then I think we have to trigger the 1 year extension I think he deserves that much from us after what he's given to celtic HH

His link up play with Tierney has all but broken down through last season and this

first season he was joy to watch but then so were the whole team we played a system that basicaly shook scottish football awake

2nd season teams upd there tempo and sat in to make it harder to play against most just didn't bother trying to play football

so our main threats got cancelled out

This season every team sets up to park the bus killie have played it better than anyone and are harder to breakdown everyone else followed suit

Anti football is the name of the game when other teams play us and only us

Sinclair hasn't got the heart of Lion and does look an empty jersey at times mostly this season , but i would still have him in my team he does produce goals

The teams running on fumes it's been one cnt of a season ,the snake fkn about during the season hasn't helped

I certainly don't mean to imply that he is shite (there is a middle ground)! He is a very skillful player who has done well for us in his early days. He is just so frustrating and (IMO) gets cut a lot more slack from Brendan & Lennon than most other players. His stats are still very good, but despite this his recent performances are poor. I think another decent player being given as many chances in our team would have similar or better stats (of course, I can't prove this). I think value for money we could do better. But I'dstill activate the option on his extension even if it is to try to get a small fee for him if he was to leave.

Perhaps the question is not should he move on but if he did who would produce the returns he does? Unless we have a bona fide replacement waiting in the wings then statistically he produces.
Much like the team itself there has been a gradual reduction in consistency not just with Sinclair .

Given that first season for almost every player was above and beyond what could conceivably be considered as likely to be consistent, then maybe we have to ask if what we ask of the players is reasonable.

Perhaps if our own expectations are unreasonable then it would be fair to assume the players may feel the pressure is indeed unreasonable also.

It's possible we are just seeing players levelling out a bit.

Maybe Lenny will inspire improvement by some tactical alteration (if he keeps the job) next season. Given what Sinclair's stats return even in poor form in such a slump, perhaps the future changes will see him step up again. One more year is no risk to see if this may result.

His link up play with Tierney has all but broken down through last season and this

first season he was joy to watch but then so were the whole team we played a system that basicaly shook scottish football awake

2nd season teams upd there tempo and sat in to make it harder to play against most just didn't bother trying to play football

so our main threats got cancelled out

This season every team sets up to park the bus killie have played it better than anyone and are harder to breakdown everyone else followed suit

Anti football is the name of the game when other teams play us and only us

Sinclair hasn't got the heart of Lion and does look an empty jersey at times mostly this season , but i would still have him in my team he does produce goals

The teams running on fumes it's been one cnt of a season ,the snake fkn about during the season hasn't helped
Kelly, unfortunately not one of our forwards have the heart of a lion. And that includes Eduard. Good player but wont put his body on the line. Sinclair is a waste of a jersey. Every move breaks down when he gets the ball.

Sincy does have good stats but since he grabbed a hat-trick in the demolition of St Johnstone at the start of February, he has scored 1 goal in the last 14 matches we have played, against a poor Motherwell in February. That is a very poor return for a senior player at a time of the season when top players step up to win their teams trophies. The last time I can remember him making a difference in a big game was his back heel oal against Aberdeen.

Sincy does have good stats but since he grabbed a hat-trick in the demolition of St Johnstone at the start of February, he has scored 1 goal in the last 14 matches we have played, against a poor Motherwell in February. That is a very poor return for a senior player at a time of the season when top players step up to win their teams trophies. The last time I can remember him making a difference in a big game was his back heel oal against Aberdeen.
I think you said he was a confidence player earlier. I think he's been so in and out the team it's difficult to build that confidence up. That's especially true of wide players. You are on the periphery of the game most of the time. No doubt he could certainly be more consistent though but there is more I'd empty from the side/squad before Sincy.

Members online

Latest posts

Back