Sinclair

I think you said he was a confidence player earlier. I think he's been so in and out the team it's difficult to build that confidence up. That's especially true of wide players. You are on the periphery of the game most of the time. No doubt he could certainly be more consistent though but there is more I'd empty from the side/squad before Sincy.
Yes, recently he has been in and out of the team but that is simply because when he does play he has mainly been poor. Earlier in the season (and last year too), Brendan - who was always very supportive of Sincy - stuck with him through thick and thin. How many times has he scored or assisted and we've all thought "yes" hoping that this would give him the boost to return to the fantastic form he is capable of, but then he shrinks back into his shell? I genuinely like him and love him for what he did in the invincible season, but I would prefer to see others fighting for us just now than him losing possession or turning his back on opponents to pass the ball backwards.

He seems to be the perfect example of a "confidence player". Brilliant first season, poor last season and worse this season. I know he still has good stats, but my eyes don't lie and sadly he is far too inconsistent these days. Very frustrating that he plays so much despite some woeful performances when there are more deserving of a chance twiddling their thumbs on the bench week after week. He has the skills but not sure he has enough fight in him. It's a shame cos I like him as a person but that isnt enough to justify the relatively high wages he is earning.
I agree
His confidence is shot and he loses the ball too easily
He gets brushed aside and always goes down, looking for a foul

Agree about sinky but!!too easy to single him Out with guys like griff and Christie ,Tierney all out his options to link up are all but zero??izzy is fucking done,so no one to overlap!big eddies as slow as a week in the nick,,,,based on that think al give him some slack....

Scott Sinclair has been playing crap this season and last season even though he was scoring goals. Rodgers only persisted with him cos it was his signing. Since Neil Lennon took over Sinclair's form has dipped even more along with every other player in the squad. When you look at Sinclair on the park his body language tells you he doesn'the want to be at Celtic Park. Yes get rid of Sinclair with Neil Lennon following him out the door. If that doesn't happen it will be even more worse to watch next season. The board needs to act now It's not long till the Champions League qualifiers. Do we really want the same debacle as this season. Come on Mr Lawell it's about time you pushed the boat out and speculated to accumulate and I aint talking about disco lights and hotels. God bless Billy McNeill YNWA

Perhaps the question is not should he move on but if he did who would produce the returns he does? Unless we have a bona fide replacement waiting in the wings then statistically he produces.
Much like the team itself there has been a gradual reduction in consistency not just with Sinclair .

Given that first season for almost every player was above and beyond what could conceivably be considered as likely to be consistent, then maybe we have to ask if what we ask of the players is reasonable.

Perhaps if our own expectations are unreasonable then it would be fair to assume the players may feel the pressure is indeed unreasonable also.

It's possible we are just seeing players levelling out a bit.

Maybe Lenny will inspire improvement by some tactical alteration (if he keeps the job) next season. Given what Sinclair's stats return even in poor form in such a slump, perhaps the future changes will see him step up again. One more year is no risk to see if this may result.
Really good point NJ we hear a lot how others could do better but I've yet to see it , I've seen glimpses grom Hayes and young mikey Johnston but no real replacement that will give us those returns (So far) id rather have sinky producing his 10 goals plus assists than wee mikey struggling at this time perhaps next season mikey might turn it on but right now sinkys not far behind Forrest and that says a lot. Replace him with producing quality and I'll be happy with that

17 goals in all competitions massive return for Celtic Scott is a decent player but needs to be loved... He's been in and out of the team since Lennon took over... Who in Scotland in his position has scored more goals... We are going for the treble treble get behind all members of this fantastic history making team

Perhaps the question is not should he move on but if he did who would produce the returns he does? Unless we have a bona fide replacement waiting in the wings then statistically he produces.
Much like the team itself there has been a gradual reduction in consistency not just with Sinclair .

Given that first season for almost every player was above and beyond what could conceivably be considered as likely to be consistent, then maybe we have to ask if what we ask of the players is reasonable.

Perhaps if our own expectations are unreasonable then it would be fair to assume the players may feel the pressure is indeed unreasonable also.

It's possible we are just seeing players levelling out a bit.

Maybe Lenny will inspire improvement by some tactical alteration (if he keeps the job) next season. Given what Sinclair's stats return even in poor form in such a slump, perhaps the future changes will see him step up again. One more year is no risk to see if this may result.
(y)
Except for nfl. no longer think he is a sure thing. if he loses at ipox or the cup, hes gone.

It's at the point now where even the most gentle and polite fans can't fully back him. As a 30+k player no one can justify his wage. A simple tactical set up by any opposition leaves him ineffective.
It doesn't help that we don't have a mf that bursts into the box to make space and drag defenders about like his first season. Doesn't help that our CF want to play LCF same as him. Doesn't help that he is a shite bag. What I mean by that is him knowing fine well if he hits the ball into a tight pocket of space to beat a man and he has a 50/50 chance of advancing or getting cleaned out he will choose a safe pass. That's something I'll give credit to Hayes for, far braver.
I can't complain about his goal return

I think we've shown a lot of patience. He was poor last season for long stretches as well and we mostly stuck by him. I like him and his family seen to have bought into the Celtic way. BUT, I think the stats are papering over some glaring cracks. Since Boxing Day, Scott has played in 11 matches against the other top 6 teams and in Europe (1 game v Valencia) and has not scored in any of these matches. That is a pitiful return for a senior team member on huge wages (for Scotland), when he should be stepping up. In that time we brought in other players who Lennon is ignoring. Sinclair is not the only one not playing at 100%, but in my opinion he is currently struggling for form the most.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back