Sky sports Celtic ' fans' agenda

The issues here as I'm seeing it winter, is all for improvement within the standard of football and team's within the SPFL.
In turn, that requires extra investment to achieve that goal still, as money speaks so loudly within todays game.
Yet that option is still being deprived so the product of Scottish football can't really grow in the manner that it could do still, hence getting poor quality and half empty stadiums in return.
So with the Glasgow 2 being way to big for Scottish football, they have to suffer by locking so much of the support out of viewing matches?
How the current set up makes any sense is way beyond me, especially when it's the whole product of Scottish football that needs to be focused upon with not allowing the product to grow because the investment is being denied imo.
It doesn't help that weve had Doncaster as SPFL CEO for a decade or so , that's far too long as a CEO, we at Celtic know this only too well with PL stagnating in the Celtic CEO position.
CEO's should have a lifespan of no more than 6 years. That's plenty of time to overhaul old practices and implement new ideas etc and then move over for the next whizz.
Doncaster is simply taking what sky offer, which seems to be a paltry £5 million increase every contract.
That's not ' negotiating' a deal , that's simply accepting one and signing off on it.
I can understand why a country like Poland would get a bigger deal given they have a population of 40 million roughly.
Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland not so much.
They dont have giant clubs like Glasgow.
A city with 3 stadiums holding over 50,000 plus the Edinburgh clubs.

Perhaps it did go down for a bit Docco and these things happen on streams, though when I was having trouble with whitsisfaces goal their game didnt disappear like ours did.
I wouldnt be surprised if theirs went down when the whole site did, for about 10-15 minutes only to return without our game but all the others still there.

Bottom line is that sky are cunts and nobody should give them another cent until prices are lowered and footballers are not paid fortunes

Bottom line is that sky are cunts and nobody should give them another cent until prices are lowered and footballers are not paid fortunes
Footballers are paid in accordance with the product they participate in docco, hence the huge wages on offer within the sky owned leagues as such.
Scottish football can't grow in the manner it could with the current deals still in place, so player sales is still classed as a better income stream than actually investing within the game as such.
Trying to increase income by creating better competition for income from European games is another venue also, but in turn that is doing nothing but bringing about such negative football tactics where a point against ourselves is deemed as an outstanding result and an extra point gained.
If that's how Scottish football is happy enough to remain then is it any wonder that Scottish football reminds nothing more than a feeder league for other potential bigger leagues?

How much does the SPFL get from Sky?

There is a new five-year Scottish Premiership TV deal with Sky Sports worth £30m a year from 2020/21, but this is not really going to move the needle. For example, it's still only around half of Poland's Ekstraklasa £58m.
I thought the 5 year deal was only £30m in total, so £6m a season, yet they pay £7m a game down in the EPL. So they paid more more for Leeds v wolves game than they do for the full SPFL season.
We should not sign another TV deal or at least get someone in to negotiate a proper deal.
We even get fucked over by the BBC. They pay £211.5m for EPL highlights & they pay £2.8 for SPFL. Scotland makes up 10% of the population so the bbc should be paying a minimum of £20m.
At the end of the latest TV deal, tell them all to fuck off and go it alone

Today Celtic V Hearts one of Scottish football's biggest fixtures and a chance for the champions to open up an early lead.
So sky will be all over that ...wont they?
No they wont , they aren't showing the game again.
Celtic TV will show the game and it's another blatant finger to Celtic supporters as it harms the club financially in no way whatsoever but us supporters cannot see this game unless you live outside of Scotland.
Its yet another example of this agenda against us the Celtic supporters

Perhaps it did go down for a bit Docco and these things happen on streams, though when I was having trouble with whitsisfaces goal their game didnt disappear like ours did.
I wouldnt be surprised if theirs went down when the whole site did, for about 10-15 minutes only to return without our game but all the others still there.
Mine went down but just for five minutes but came back and I watched the rest of the game with no interruptions

For some reason, Sky decided to rarely show Celtic or sevco home matches, except for the derbies (although I seem to remember onebor two from Ibrokes last season) unless it is in the run in after the split. I understand them not wanting to show Celtic against Livi at Parkhead, but surely Celtic v Hearts is a big game they would want to broadcast to promote their product and get a decent audience?

For some reason, Sky decided to rarely show Celtic or sevco home matches, except for the derbies (although I seem to remember onebor two from Ibrokes last season) unless it is in the run in after the split. I understand them not wanting to show Celtic against Livi at Parkhead, but surely Celtic v Hearts is a big game they would want to broadcast to promote their product and get a decent audience?
Celtic v Hearts is easily one of the spfls biggest fixtures by miles sky are making things worse for themselves and are selling our game short in more ways than one

Members online

Latest posts

Back