Sky sports Celtic ' fans' agenda

Has anyone got any idea of how much money is involved within this so called Sky deal.
Guessing that even Celtic TV have to pay the bastards to show games also if sky hold the broadcasting rights at present.
Either way the scummy bastards must be making huge profits upon the Glasgow Derby game alone imo.
Surely in this day and age the Celtic board are entitled to challenge these greedy and unjust fucks within the courts as making vast sums of money and depriving so many of our supporters from actually viewing matches and stopping the diddy clubs from making money also.

How much does the SPFL get from Sky?

There is a new five-year Scottish Premiership TV deal with Sky Sports worth £30m a year from 2020/21, but this is not really going to move the needle. For example, it's still only around half of Poland's Ekstraklasa £58m.

We should be operating our own rights. We are a large club with a sufficiently large fan base to enable us to do so. Why should we be subsidising and earning income for other clubs, who without us are a dead duck in this regards. Also, those clubs have no respect for our club or our supporters ? They have amply demonstrated this. It is more knee bending to the SPFL and the SFA. All in the interests of 'Scottish football'. Well, we know by now, what Scottish football, and those who govern it, think of us. So, we should treat them the same way, and in so doing, look after our own interests first.

Last edited:
This is not the first time weve been snubbed by sky , premier did it as well.

Not only did sky choose not to show that Celtic v Ross county game, but they deliberately sabotaged any attempts to show it on other streaming platforms which is a disgrace , today I could easily without interruption watch utd v livi without commentary , no doubt for foreign countrys to use their own commentary.
Whitsisfaces goal had the game , then the whole site went down for 5-10 minutes ' bad gateway' was displayed.
Sky not only chose not to show the game but make sure it wasnt possible for millions to see it either.
That takes effort and work so money as well.
Which makes no business sense at all.
The rights to Scottish football is worldwide now with about 50 countries showing the game live but not in the country of origin.

When whatsisfaces goal reappeared the game was gone from the listings.
That's interference and why?
If their not interested in gaining a bigger audience than the edinburgh derby by showing a Celtic game the need to sabotage our efforts to see it is overkill and baffles in a business sense.
Pretty certain theres a lot of sky's Scottish subscribers who follow the champions.
Which indicates to me this decision to show Celtic's first away game of the season had nothing to do with business.

Feels like theres an agenda and it feels like its aimed at our supporters because the club gets paid for TV deals whether they show the game or not.

I believe 100% this is aimed at us the supporters and fans of Celtic.
We all know why, they dont like our songs ,banners and flags?
It would be different were we some mid table provincial club but were anything but were amongst the best supported clubs in the UK by a mile and no spurs,Chelsea, man utd/city, liverpool, arsenal game would be missed , theyd use one of the many channels to show it.

Why could I watch the utd v Livingston game?
There was no interference from sky because who cares no offence to utd or livi guests.

This is an agenda against US it has to be called out.

To be fair, I heard it happened to scum tv as well

There is a new five-year Scottish Premiership TV deal with Sky Sports worth £30m a year from 2020/21, but this is not really going to move the needle. For example, it's still only around half of Poland's Ekstraklasa £58m.
Thanks imatim,
So let's try to get this right then, for 30M the majority of that sum is made up in prize money within the SPFL.
Yet, how much is just the 4 Glasgow Derby worth alone with selling the rights to other broadcasting outlets in one of the biggest games worldwide?
I presume that Celtic TV along with the scum TV have to also pay Sky to even broadcast the games overseas?
In turn the diddy teams within the SPFL aren't allowed to get extra money off the backs of ourselves along with the scum by offering PPV deals for our supporters to watch within Scotland and Ireland, yet some are still cutting our away allocation, hence costing the diddy club more in lost revenue?
Something still stinking within Scottish football imo, regarding this TV deal, so suppose it needs to be added to the ever growing corruption list imo

To be fair, I heard it happened to scum tv as well
Perhaps it did go down for a bit Docco and these things happen on streams, though when I was having trouble with whitsisfaces goal their game didnt disappear like ours did.
I wouldnt be surprised if theirs went down when the whole site did, for about 10-15 minutes only to return without our game but all the others still there.

This is the deal brokered by Doncaster I believe? He heralded it at the time as the best deal ever, which it may be for Scottish football but it's well below the mark our game could bring in so it's a poor deal by any standards
Yes it may be the highest yet for Scotland but those involved in negotiations are showing themselves not up for the job.
Look at the money Nordic Entertainment has put into the Scandinavian game, dwarfs ours.

Thanks imatim,
So let's try to get this right then, for 30M the majority of that sum is made up in prize money within the SPFL.
Yet, how much is just the 4 Glasgow Derby worth alone with selling the rights to other broadcasting outlets in one of the biggest games worldwide?
I presume that Celtic TV along with the scum TV have to also pay Sky to even broadcast the games overseas?
In turn the diddy teams within the SPFL aren't allowed to get extra money off the backs of ourselves along with the scum by offering PPV deals for our supporters to watch within Scotland and Ireland, yet some are still cutting our away allocation, hence costing the diddy club more in lost revenue?
Something still stinking within Scottish football imo, regarding this TV deal, so suppose it needs to be added to the ever growing corruption list imo
Clubs won't be paying Sky to show their own games. The SPFL will sell rights to their games in packages which are usually terrestrial regions and timeslots. Sky do not get paid for that as it is separate. For example, they just sold a package to a Japanese company to show Scottish matches there which will be shared amongst clubs by some agreed formula.

Just a reminder of the shear incompetence of our administrators - when Newco started life in the lowest division, BBC Alba started showing live lower league matches to document their "journey" to the top league. Scottish football actually paid the BBC to show these matches! Is this the only time ever a football authority paid a tv company to broadcast games rather than get in much needed revenue?

The way Scottish football has been run for decades has been honking. It's corrupt to the core, including our board (nameless face's in the background) with the secret deals and handshakes helping our enemy. Shareholder FC turning a blind eye to the corruption is part of the deal to shaft the (customer, revenue stream) support year upon year.
I can see that from here and it's blatantly obvious as ...

Here's a break down of the tv deal ,,,,,you get rewarded for parking the bus all season and offering sweet fk all

and the same if you get relegated

Shows how poor this deal is to Celtic.
£5 million per year if were winners or runners up, including TV bonuses is shocking.
Celtic FC could better that deal by themselves .
DD, a super successful businessman entrepreneur, youd think that he could see it makes no financial business sense for Celtic to be tied into this 5 year deal

Clubs won't be paying Sky to show their own games. The SPFL will sell rights to their games in packages which are usually terrestrial regions and timeslots. Sky do not get paid for that as it is separate. For example, they just sold a package to a Japanese company to show Scottish matches there which will be shared amongst clubs by some agreed formula.

Just a reminder of the shear incompetence of our administrators - when Newco started life in the lowest division, BBC Alba started showing live lower league matches to document their "journey" to the top league. Scottish football actually paid the BBC to show these matches! Is this the only time ever a football authority paid a tv company to broadcast games rather than get in much needed revenue?
Sorry BB, I'm struggling to get my head around all of this nonsense to actually understand it all, especially when money is involved.
So it's actually the SPFL that place a ban upon showing there games live?
So Ross county only allows to sell 1500 away allocations, yet say 50,000 at €10 would give county an extra half million per home game against the Glasgow teams, so at least 1.5M a season, so why are they being deprived such needed extra income and our own supporters within Britain and Ireland aren't allowed to watch the game legally?
Doesn't make any sense to me, as civil rights surely has to be an issue here somewhere along the line, I would have thought.
How can an elderly person within Glasgow be better off selling up to move abroad in order to keep his favourite past time intact by following his team still, a better option currently than watching the game within his own home?
Can't make any sense in any of it, must admit.

Hertz 3m, Celtic

Sorry BB, I'm struggling to get my head around all of this nonsense to actually understand it all, especially when money is involved.
So Ross county only allows to sell 1500 away allocations, yet say 50,000 at €10 would give county an extra half million per home game against the Glasgow teams, so at least 1.5M a season, so why are they being deprived such needed extra income and our own supporters within Britain and Ireland aren't allowed to watch the game legally?
Doesn't make any sense to me, as civil rights surely has to be an issue here somewhere along the line, I would have thought.
How can an elderly person within Glasgow be better off selling up to move abroad in order to keep his favourite past time intact by following his team still, a better option currently than watching the game within his own home?
This is kinda why the Melbourne teams in the AFL decided to make their home grounds at the MCG. It holds100 thousand people all seated and anyone can come watch.
They have a corrupt governance too but, they wouldn't deny your money and let you watch the game if your 3200 kays away.

Tbh johnno I think that's the way they like it , difficult to understand.
How anyone who calls themselves a good or competent businessman can be part of this nonsense beggars belief

Tbh johnno I think that's the way they like it , difficult to understand.
How anyone who calls themselves a good or competent businessman can be part of this nonsense beggars belief
The issues here as I'm seeing it winter, is all for improvement within the standard of football and team's within the SPFL.
In turn, that requires extra investment to achieve that goal still, as money speaks so loudly within todays game.
Yet that option is still being deprived so the product of Scottish football can't really grow in the manner that it could do still, hence getting poor quality and half empty stadiums in return.
So with the Glasgow 2 being way to big for Scottish football, they have to suffer by locking so much of the support out of viewing matches?
How the current set up makes any sense is way beyond me, especially when it's the whole product of Scottish football that needs to be focused upon with not allowing the product to grow because the investment is being denied imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Back