Sky sports Celtic ' fans' agenda

Winter

This is not the first time weve been snubbed by sky , premier did it as well.

Not only did sky choose not to show that Celtic v Ross county game, but they deliberately sabotaged any attempts to show it on other streaming platforms which is a disgrace , today I could easily without interruption watch utd v livi without commentary , no doubt for foreign countrys to use their own commentary.
Whitsisfaces goal had the game , then the whole site went down for 5-10 minutes ' bad gateway' was displayed.
Sky not only chose not to show the game but make sure it wasnt possible for millions to see it either.
That takes effort and work so money as well.
Which makes no business sense at all.
The rights to Scottish football is worldwide now with about 50 countries showing the game live but not in the country of origin.

When whatsisfaces goal reappeared the game was gone from the listings.
That's interference and why?
If their not interested in gaining a bigger audience than the edinburgh derby by showing a Celtic game the need to sabotage our efforts to see it is overkill and baffles in a business sense.
Pretty certain theres a lot of sky's Scottish subscribers who follow the champions.
Which indicates to me this decision to show Celtic's first away game of the season had nothing to do with business.

Feels like theres an agenda and it feels like its aimed at our supporters because the club gets paid for TV deals whether they show the game or not.

I believe 100% this is aimed at us the supporters and fans of Celtic.
We all know why, they dont like our songs ,banners and flags?
It would be different were we some mid table provincial club but were anything but were amongst the best supported clubs in the UK by a mile and no spurs,Chelsea, man utd/city, liverpool, arsenal game would be missed , theyd use one of the many channels to show it.

Why could I watch the utd v Livingston game?
There was no interference from sky because who cares no offence to utd or livi guests.

This is an agenda against US it has to be called out.

Not only did sky choose not to show that Celtic v Ross county game, but they deliberately sabotaged any attempts to show it on other streaming platforms which is a disgrace , today I could easily without interruption watch utd v livi without commentary , no doubt for foreign countrys to use their own commentary.
Whitsisfaces goal had the game , then the whole site went down for 5-10 minutes ' bad gateway' was displayed.
Sky not only chose not to show the game but make sure it wasnt possible for millions to see it either.
The rights to Scottish football is worldwide now with about 50 countries showing the game live but not in the country of origin.

If their not interested in gaining a bigger audience than the edinburgh derby by showing a Celtic game the need to sabotage our efforts to see it is overkill and baffles in a business sense.
Pretty certain theres a lot of sky's Scottish subscribers who follow the champions.
Which indicates to me this decision to show Celtic's first away game of the season had nothing to do with business.

Feels like theres an agenda and it feels like its aimed at our supporters because the club gets paid for TV deals whether they show the game or not.

It would be different were we some mid table provincial club but were anything but were amongst the best supported clubs in the UK by a mile and no spurs,Chelsea, man utd/city, liverpool, arsenal game would be missed , theyd use one of the many channels to show it.

There was no interference from sky because who cares no offence to utd or livi guests.

Bang on Winter the deal we signed was a pittance. We would’ve been better served with BT sport they at least put an effort in there previews, and there before during and after the game Studio discussion’s.
They promoted Scottish fitba Sky don’t give a Donald Duck about our game.
It’ll be interesting to see the money the woman’s game down south will get now Lionessess won a tournament from Sky
It’s time the clubs up here told them to feck off. And set up SPFL station or something similar and we can stop subscribing to SKY
Pity our Board of Jellyfish don’t start the ball rolling and get this done but my statement holds there true fishy colours
Hate SKY hate the Bbc Orange Order talking pish that Foster took 2/3 attempts to work oot the next time Ross Couny would play Hertz and Celtic again and Michael Stewart nowhere to be seen
Boils ma pish

HH 😡

High time Celtic just withdrew for the collective tv deal at the contracts end and perused our own deal negotiating with the other teams for a cut of away games, every epl game is £7 million where as our entire season is £25 million, the make a fortune oot the 4 Celtic v Huns game alone😡 no doubt out tv rights are undersold

Interest in Celtic, from japan and Australia ( a rise in our profile already quite high) has helped with the interest in the Scottish game worldwide.
We have an automatic champions league place and a champions league qualifying place.
To not show the champions any week is absurd , why buy the rights if they arent going to use their biggest asset?
BEIN sports and many other countries channels have bought rights.
Scottish football doesnt need sky and their non existent analysis.
The pathetic negotiations of Doncaster and his ilk have us still behind Finland for commercial value, I doubt Finland has many games ( cup finals maybe) where theres over 20 ,000 at games.

SKY are nothing more than HUN scum loving pricks along with the BBC and SMSM something that has very little chance of changing either imo.
Sky i would say are losing untold millions in subscriptions so would be expecting them to attempt to fight back and use Celtic as the biggest form of there losing battle against the Internet as such.
With diddy clubs like St mirren cutting our away allocation and not even allowed to sell the game through their own TV outlets, tells a huge agenda in play currently, and one that needs to be addressed also.
Got no idea upon what games this shitty broadcaster has chosen to view live, but at a total guess there will be more coverage of a scum away game than ours as such, especially when the Sunday lunchtime slot is the one sky have allocated Scottish football for.
Best solution imo, is to get hun loving SKY fucks ran out of Scottish football ASAP as the game has no chance of actually growing with such shite still having such a huge say within the coverage and reporting upon it still imo.

High time Celtic just withdrew for the collective tv deal at the contracts end and perused our own deal negotiating with the other teams for a cut of away games, every epl game is £7 million where as our entire season is £25 million, the make a fortune oot the 4 Celtic v Huns game alone😡 no doubt out tv rights are undersold
Celtic need to ditch Sky etc and make Celtic TV season tickets available to all. 50-100,000 subscriptions would probably be a low ball estimate of sign up but even that at saw £200 for the season is £10-20 million.

I've been amazed that Celtic havent done this already , but it has to be live in Scotland as well
It's possibly has a lot to do with getting the SPFL to sign into a deal allowing for a blackout of covering games within the SPFL.
SKY and the BBC seems to be partners in the coverage of football within the British Isles so a free shot at how the coverage goes imo.
So of course celtic will be there biggest targets yet possibly gain more money for themselves by selling on rights than they actually put into the game in the 1st place.

whatsisface have already been served and warned over showing epl 'spfl and in particular uefa champions league games
celtic tv also put blocks out on games shown on streams ,the other dross from the spfl nobody seems to care about and sevco tv have set up a home listing on vipbox ,so basically only Celtic don't want other celtic fans viewing there games and sky ,,,,,fk knows what they're up to i found a few stream servers late in the game yesterday

some of the good ones came from ukrain and poland but putins put a stop to them

whatsisface have already been served and warned over showing epl 'spfl and in particular uefa champions league games
celtic tv also put blocks out on games shown on streams ,the other dross from the spfl nobody seems to care about and sevco tv have set up a home listing on vipbox ,so basically only Celtic don't want other celtic fans viewing there games and sky ,,,,,fk knows what they're up to i found a few stream servers late in the game yesterday

some of the good ones came from ukrain and poland but putins put a stop to them
Aye theyve stopped showing UEFA and EPL games but it shouldnt be long before the next one appears , on tinternet theres always a will and a way

There is no sound financial reason to not broadcast pay per view for games that are sold out. Why would they not want to make more money?
The things that go on in Scottish football are very strange….businesses that are struggling for money- refusing money!!!
What about people who went to the games for 50 years and are now unable to attend live games? They have earned (Bought over 50 years) the right to watch games in the comforts of home.
I would definitely buy a Celtic TV season ticket to watch the games.

Has anyone got any idea of how much money is involved within this so called Sky deal.
Guessing that even Celtic TV have to pay the bastards to show games also if sky hold the broadcasting rights at present.
Either way the scummy bastards must be making huge profits upon the Glasgow Derby game alone imo.
Surely in this day and age the Celtic board are entitled to challenge these greedy and unjust fucks within the courts as making vast sums of money and depriving so many of our supporters from actually viewing matches and stopping the diddy clubs from making money also.

This tv deal's an absolute disgrace, and to think with the money they denied themselves by not allowing streams to be sold has me baffled. I watched the game on Celtic tv here in Australia as it wasn't on beIN. The powers that signed off on this deal should be shunted quick smart.
It can't be greed if they won't sell the games so it's all about control.

Well if we pulled out of the deal and just streamed the games ourselves, we would make far more money.
Say you charge £200 for a season pass & sell 100k, that's £20m straight off. Plus am sure we would sell well more than 100k each season.

Latest posts

Back