Skys reply

Lubos left peg

This weekend I contacted sky regarding their apology for the Celtic fans protest v St Mirren.
I stated that, due to the country being in national mourning, I understood their need to apologise...
I asked, if sky worry about their viewers being offended so much, then why is it they never feel the need to apologise for the racist songs that are sung from another Glasgow club.
I educated them, a little, on the history of our club and why some fans may have felt the need to protest as they did. This is the response.

"Good Morning

Thanks for taking the time to contact SKY concerning the St Mirren Vs. Celtic match.

Under Ofcom guidelines, broadcasters are required to provide adequate protection to audiences from harmful and offensive material.

On this occasion – as with all of our broadcasts – Sky will take prompt action to mitigate any offence to their audience.

Thanks also for your comment regarding the history of Celtic football club and your feedback is welcome.

Kind Regards

Jackie

Viewer Relations"

The main purpose of my email was to point out what people are subjected to in Scotland every time they have the scum on their channel. "Fantastic atmosphere"...."Carnival atmosphere"....are some of the ways the singing at ibrox is described but not once has Sky apologised for the racism.

Jackie chose to ignore this completely.

E mail her back Lubo. “ As with all our broadcasts - Sky will take prompt action to mitigate any offence” , Can I ask when Sky will publicly condemn Anti Catholic and Anti Irish racist chanting? I can only assume Sky condone this chanting and singing or it would have been condemned before now. If the songs were about being up to the knees in the blood of Jews or Muslims would Sky condemn it or let it pass without comment? If you broadcast hate speech into home again without comment or condemnation you will be hearing from my solicitor.
Stop broadcasting hate speech into our homes.

E mail her back Lubo. “ As with all our broadcasts - Sky will take prompt action to mitigate any offence” , Can I ask when Sky will publicly condemn Anti Catholic and Anti Irish racist chanting? I can only assume Sky condone this chanting and singing or it would have been condemned before now. If the songs were about being up to the knees in the blood of Jews or Muslims would Sky condemn it or let it pass without comment? If you broadcast hate speech into home again without comment or condemnation you will be hearing from my solicitor.
Stop broadcasting hate speech into our homes.

Done

I sent the same complaint tae BT sport after they apologised for the banner at Celtics game against shaktar never even got a reply.
I told them I am deeply offended every time they cover a game at Ibrox when they’re singing racist sectarian songs the commentators tell us the place is “rocking”

souness has described celtic as the unacceptable face of scottish football after the weekend protest . i would be interested to hear what his opinion of the anti catholic sectarian bile that is spewed from the stands at ibrox every week this has been swept under the carpet for too long and its time action and condemnation is taken against it

souness has described celtic as the unacceptable face of scottish football after the weekend protest . i would be interested to hear what his opinion of the anti catholic sectarian bile that is spewed from the stands at ibrox every week this has been swept under the carpet for too long and its time action and condemnation is taken against it
Just read that there what a fukin hypocrite who has stood by for years and said nothing as the scum were up to their knees in our blood fkn despise that loud mouth always have😡

LUBO

It would seem that Sky are in clear breach of the Ofcom guidelines that they purport to adhere to, as per the written reply received from Jackie, their viewers relations representative.

Jackie imo was trying to be clever. She very well may have left Sky extremely vulnerable to an action by her written statement on behalf of Sky. Sky now cannot hide or deflect from what their policy is on this matter, and they must be seen to abide by it.

A possible reply to Sky along the lines below, putting them on notice.

Jackie/Sky could/should be reminded of the fact that Sky are in obvious breach of Ofcom guidelines every time they fail to appropriately adhere to these guidelines, and as such are liable under law for failing to act promptly, when hate speech is clearly evident in their broadcasts. Which it is, when it is clearly evident from the stands at Ibrox and elsewhere. (Having video evidence of this would go a long way. Intimating it is available would set alarm bells ringing)

What do you think Lubo?

SKY POLICY:
Under Ofcom guidelines, broadcasters are required to provide adequate protection to audiences from harmful and offensive material.

On this occasion – as with all of our broadcasts – Sky will take prompt action to mitigate any offence to their audience.

Is this the same man that received an EBT from the Huns even though he was working for another football club at the time?…

Is this the same man that received an EBT from the Huns even though he was working for another football club at the time?…
And then shortly afterwards paid well above the going rate to purchase a footballer from the same club that had just awarded him an EBT. Why his club and their supporters never went ballistic at that revelation astounds me, especially after it quickly became apparent that this player was not good enough and certainly never worth the inflated transfer fee that they paid to the club from Ibrokes.

LUBO

It would seem that Sky are in clear breach of the Ofcom guidelines that they purport to adhere to, as per the written reply received from Jackie, their viewers relations representative.

Jackie imo was trying to be clever. She very well may have left Sky extremely vulnerable to an action by her written statement on behalf of Sky. Sky now cannot hide or deflect from what their policy is on this matter, and they must be seen to abide by it.

A possible reply to Sky along the lines below, putting them on notice.

Jackie/Sky could/should be reminded of the fact that Sky are in obvious breach of Ofcom guidelines every time they fail to appropriately adhere to these guidelines, and as such are liable under law for failing to act promptly, when hate speech is clearly evident in their broadcasts. Which it is, when it is clearly evident from the stands at Ibrox and elsewhere. (Having video evidence of this would go a long way. Intimating it is available would set alarm bells ringing)

What do you think Lubo?

SKY POLICY:

Exactly, Jackie just admitted Sky are in breach of their own and OffComs guidelines every time Sevco play.

SKY-high hypocrisy from the media - as usual .

The ''guidelines'' referred to in their reply to Lubo are applicable to all broadcasters but ...

How often have you heard during a live game '' We apologise if you heard some unacceptable language , there . '' ?
What they mean is an occasional ''F*ck '' or ''B*stard '' picked up by their mikes - but when , as others have said, have you heard them say '' We apologise for the anti-Catholic chanting/Singing from the Ibrox faithful .'' ???
Or , ''We apologise for the disgraceful chanting and the banner display denigrating the memories of Tommy Burns , Jock Stein etc...''

The BBC ( both TV and radio ) are just as bad .
They have had instances of individuals speaking out about the neanderthal attitudes at Ibrox among their supporters ( which is never condemned by their Board ) but under pressure from the Ibrox hordes have immediately folded and suspended or sacked the people concerned with shining a light on the Ibrox sectarianism - Michael Stewart and Jim Spence .

HH

He bowed to their cheating, praised them as a club, basked in their adulation and lauded their support. Simply put, he paid absolute homage to them as they belted out their bile and hatred, match after match. Never uttered a word of concern or condemnation.To me, his actions demonstrated a tolerance of sectarian and racial abuse. Hard to have respect for someone with values like that. He can make up his own mind as to whether, he was in agreement with their songs and actions, or whether he was a coward. Afraid to stand up to them. I don't care. To me, he is a rancid hypocrite. He only has to look in the mirror, to see the real face, of everything that is rotten in Scottish football. It is a cesspit. And he helped make it so.

Last edited:
Souness.....Jean Alain Boumsong........8 million quid........ :mad:
Boumsong to Newcastle was the greatest transfer ever. The team set up to investigate dodgy looking transfers which possibly involved bungs saw that as clearly a very unusual deal. They raided Ibrokes looking for documentation that would lead them to indications of unauthorised or illegal payments. They never found anything directly relating to bungs but seized lots of documents and side letters proving undeclared EBT payments which were being paid out illegally to evade tax payments (yes, EBTs were legal, but not the way Deadco were using them).

This ultimately directly led to the death of the establishment club and then the resurfacing of the zombie club. Without this investigation, they could have continued their cheating for much much longer stealing trophies from clubs that were abiding by the sports rules and laws of the land.

He bowed to their cheating, praised them as a club, basked in their adulation and lauded their support. Simply put, he paid absolute homage to them as they belted out their bile and hatred, match after match. Never uttered a word of concern or condemnation.To me, his actions demonstrated a tolerance of sectarian and racist abuse. Hard to have respect for someone with values like that. He can make up his own mind, as to whether he was in agreement with their songs and actions, or whether he was a coward. Afraid to stand up to them. I don't care. To me, he is a rancid hypocrite. He only has to look in the mirror, to see the real face, of everything that is rotten In Scottish football. It is a cesspit. And he helped make it so.

He also tried to take credit for breaking down barriers in the "old firm" divide.
The only barriers where the ones his club put up.
We had Jock Stein and the Lisbon Lions creating history as a team of both Glasgow faiths.
He signed a Catholic but made sure that Catholic knew his place when in the dressing room. He claims he put the picture of the Queen up to the remind the players of who they were.
You are 100% correct!!!

I think souness the permed hunthug bought four players from Deidco. Each purchase was followed by an EBT payment a few months later.
Boumsong, BolI, Tugay and Bawwy Bawbag were all bought from Deidco for way over their market value.
Him and his cabal of bigoted racist cheats are the unacceptable face of Scottish Football.

Did he not also splash out a small fortune on some diddy that was the brother of a half decent player? played him for about 20 minutes then hooked him cause he was shite, I wonder how much he got bunged for that.

Must be looking for another wee bung but I think that gravy boat has long since been scuttled.

His first game playing for the huns also saw a world record 21 players booked, cyber pint for the first to name the ex Celtic player who was the only one to avoid a yellow card in that game v Hibs.

Members online

Latest posts

Back