Sleep

Maria

Re unable to sleep ,when I struggle to sleep ,I find what works for me is listen to a bit of radio 4 extra

I know it goes against what they tell you about no tv ,media in room but it does the job in my case .
download the app onto your phone and click on the menu button ,there you will get a great choice of documentaries ,comedies ,drama's lasting 15 mins or more ,I play it low through my headphone and I am asleep in about 5 mins .It cuts to silence once the programme is finished
You could try listening to something on it that you listened to already as you know the ending thus not staying awake to find out what happens .
I find it helps me stop concentrating on what was keeping you awake .
sorry for the long winded post ,hope it helps ,I know what a pain it is trying to get to sleep at times
HH

Apart from the mentioned tips above ? drop into a pound shop and have a look at the diy bit. They usually have packs of squishy ear plugs. Cuts out those daft wee noises that you seem to tune into.
My sleep is fooked. With the shifts I do I'm rarely asleep before 2am. Doesn't matter if I'm up a 7am, working at 12. Finished at 4pm or midnight. In any set week my start and finish times can switch up to 8hrs several times a week.
I know it well

Thanx Bobo.

Maria

Re unable to sleep ,when I struggle to sleep ,I find what works for me is listen to a bit of radio 4 extra

I know it goes against what they tell you about no tv ,media in room but it does the job in my case .
download the app onto your phone and click on the menu button ,there you will get a great choice of documentaries ,comedies ,drama's lasting 15 mins or more ,I play it low through my headphone and I am asleep in about 5 mins .It cuts to silence once the programme is finished
You could try listening to something on it that you listened to already as you know the ending thus not staying awake to find out what happens .
I find it helps me stop concentrating on what was keeping you awake .
sorry for the long winded post ,hope it helps ,I know what a pain it is trying to get to sleep at times
HH

Thanx Fergussayedtheblues.

So many good options i am defo trying them all. ?

Soz but i am having bother sleeping just now so don’t say aw thats no football, trust me its no cricket either ?

It looks like a day of hellin an hour or 2 and i need to be sharp. Not gonna happen today ?

Do any of you wonderful people know of any herbal remedies or old wives tales that actually work

Prepared to pretty much try anything, within reason.

I know its no football but don’t go crackers with a ghirl who just wants to sleep. Aaaargh

Thanx for your consideration and soz aboot the 2 mins off yer life reading this pish ?
I have same probs I go on y tube and listen to audio books nice in soothing plus listen to book till you crash out, hope it help,s you pal

Back