So......time for Independence then?

I am delighted he won. Three years ago I said to my pal what I felt had to happen for us to get Indy.

1. Tories to win election showing everyone that no matter what, Tories would get into power. Check

2. The rightwing media would need to demonise Corbyn to such an extent that the English would never vote for him. Currently behind May, Labour begins Tories in poll. Check

3. They pull us out of Europe. A no deal would be even better if we are to convince people that it’s going down the shitter and we need to get out.

4. Boris Johnson or Gove becomes leader. He is a godsend to the cause.

5. Wait until at least 2020. People need to see the reality of the mess these bastards have created. And since 2014 a lot of the old who won it for No, will be dead, replaced by young voters more concerned with staying in Europe in an independent Scotland. Every age group apart from 65+ voted a maj Yes. A lot of the 65+ realise they were lied to and would vote differently too.

We are nearly there. Just this prick doing what he does and fucking everything up.

Sometimes you need to go through the shit to get to a better place.

I'd be inclined to agree with you Verdict and would accept that we would have to endure the coming shitstorm for a little while at least before achieving Independence, however we need that loon to grant us a Section 30 order (right to hold a referendum) as the SNP have ruled out having a referendum under any other circumstances and they have refused to even debate the alternative options open to us at their upcoming conference.

There's a reason the UK establishment have just spent tens of millions on a new UK Government hub in Edinburgh, manned by no less than 3000 staff......they're digging in for the long haul. Just watch as they try to roll back on devolution after Brexit.

I agree that the circumstances you've described would be the ideal scenario to achieve Independence but there's no way in hell Johnson is going to sanction a Section 30 so the SNP need to explore other options even if it means mounting a legal challenge.

Lived through the 70's and 80's with Thatcher and her 'Burn it down' policies when it came to Scotland
250 years of shipbuilding history, gone, steelworks, car plants, gone
Turned Scotland into a nation of shopkeepers & taxi drivers overnight
I remember when guys like Jimmy Reid & Labour, actually fought for the working class
Scotland has to remember and learn from experience, what stands as Labour today, is a sham and the Tories getting votes in Scotland ??
Absolute disgrace
An Independant Scotland couldn't possibly be worse than what the Tories have done to it
If you get a chance, vote for it as your children & childern's children will benefit
If you have any questions, look around at who's in favour the Union...enough said
*Soapbox, put away
HH

Last edited:
Not a big SNP supporter, or Europe, but compared to Westminster I would go for an independent Scotland any day of the week, even though they would want to join the EU right away. I would defo take my chances with Brussels rather than this car crash right wing Parliament in London. Like yourself V, I am delighted this plonker has got the job, it can only benefit Scotland and hopefully Ireland in the long run, interesting times ahead.

SNP is just the vehicle to get us there mate, just hold your nose give them your X and once the job is done there will be an election where you can vote for whoever you like again. At least then we have a chance of getting a government we voted for instead of getting the one another country voted for.

HH Benignus (y)

Attachments

• Indy.jpg
    Indy.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 3
Lived through the 70's and 80's with Thatcher and her 'Burn it down' policies when it came to Scotland
250 years of shipbuilding history, gone, steelworks, car plants, gone
Turned Scotland into a nation of shopkeepers & taxi drivers overnight
I remember when guys like Jimmy Reid & Labour, actually fought for the working class
Scotland has to remember and learn from experience, what stadas Labour today is a sham and the Tories getting votes in Scotland ??
Absolute disgrace
An Independant Scotland couldn't possibly be worse than what the Tories have done to it
If you get a chance, vote for it as your children & childern's children will benefit
If you have any questions, look around at who's in favour the Union...enough said
*Soapbox, put away
HH

Very well said DILLIGAF (y)

Very well said DILLIGAF (y)
Seriously, anyone who lives in Scotland and votes Tory, is either wealthy, or just a stupid cunt
Look at Davidson, Mundell, that fucking clown Murdo Fraser (A HUN by the way)
And what stands for Labour in Scotland, don't get me started
Anyway, I have family & friends in both Scotland & England and they all hate the Tories, they can't wait for Scotland to go Indy
Mundell, couldn't get a job as a night deposit, at a sperm bank, FFS

Last edited:
Anything that breaks the union is fine by me

But will never happen ,Scotland has to many riches that London needs to survive

A curious thing happens, when people don't try and change the way things are...know what that is ?...nothing happens
There's too many who say "It'll never change"
Beat before you start
That's what they rely on, but if you want something, you have to be willing to fight for it
Just get out and vote the bastards down, fight for your future
It's about Scotland's future, the future of your children and grandchildren
If you don't, then it's on those who give up before the fight has begun
Take it personally if you like, (it's not personal) I don't even live in ScotIand, but I care about the country of my birth, I am a fervent Indy Scotland supporter, after seeing what decades of self serving Tory rule has done to a once vibrant country
Fuck them all and anyone who looks like them & the big white horse they rode in on

Seriously, anyone who livesin Sctlan and votes Tory, is either wealthy, or just a stupid cunt
Look at Davidson, Mundell, that fucking clown Murdo Fraser (A HUN by the way)
And what stands for Labour in Scotland, don't get me started
Anyway, I have family & friends in both Scotland & England and they all hate the Tories, they can't wait for Scotland to go Indy
Mundell, couldn't get a job as a night deposit, at a sperm bank, FFS

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That Mundell line was a peach! PMSL.

Spot on D.

Davidson is a media construct with zero policies other that 'No to Independence', Mundell is a snivelling wee yes man who'll do whatever he is told and Frazer has been rejected at every election he's stood in (12 attempts 0 seats won) and is only an MSP because of the list system.

Scottish Labour......God knows what they even stand for these days!

Why anybody in Scotland votes for any of the above is a fucking mystery to me!

HH mate (y)

A curious thing happens, when people don't try and change the way things are...know what that is ?...nothing happens
There's too many who say "It'll never change"
Beat before you start
That's what they rely on, but if you want something, you have to be willing to fight for it
Just get out and vote the bastards down, fight for your future
It's about Scotland's future, the future of your children and grandchildren
If you don't, then it's on those who give up before the fight has begun
Take it personally if you like, (it's not personal) I don't even live in ScotIand, but I care about the country of my birth, I am a fervent Indy Scotland supporter, after seeing what decades of self serving Tory rule has done to a once vibrant country
Fuck them all and anyone who looks like them & the big white horse they rode in on
agree with everything you say , 2014 was the first time in my life i voted urged others to do the same , and if it comes around again i'll do the same again my point is Scotlands assets are to valuable for London to let go

Boris is almost the last straw that is needed to get some people in Scotland to wake up and smell the SHITE that London has been feeding us for years .
Too much has changed since 2014 for us to accept the media lies about us being TOO WEE , TOO POOR and TOO STUPID to vote for independence .

To quote a well known clarion call from across the Irish Sea : Our time will come - in fact , it is here !

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That Mundell line was a peach! PMSL.

Spot on D.

Davidson is a media construct with zero policies other that 'No to Independence', Mundell is a snivelling wee yes man who'll do whatever he is told and Frazer has been rejected at every election he's stood in (12 attempts 0 seats won) and is only an MSP because of the list system.

Scottish Labour......God knows what they even stand for these days!

Why anybody in Scotland votes for any of the above is a fucking mystery to me!

HH mate (y)
100 % with you there mate

I come from a working class background, as most of us do
I was brought up to respect people and their worth in society
There is dignity in labour & as long as you show up and work as hard as you can, you deserve respect and to be compensated for your efforts, in order to help you and your fanily have a decent life
Not just survive, or an existence, but a life
How many of your friends go fox hunting ?
How anyone in Scotland, can vote for these self righteous, anti Scottish, bullies, is beyond me
They're in it for all they can get, make no mistake
HH

100 % with you theremate

I come from a working class background, as most of us do
I was brought up to respect people and their worth in society
There is dignity in labour & as long as you show up and work as hard as you can, you deserve respect and to be compensated for your efforts, in order to help you and your fanily have a decent life
Not just survive, or an existence, but a life
How many of your friends go fox hunting ?
How anyone in Scotland, can vote for these self righteous, anti Scottish, bullies, is beyond me
They're in it for all they can get, make no mistake
HH

agree with everything you say , 2014 was the first time in my life i voted urged others to do the same , and if it comes around again i'll do the same again my point is Scotlands assets are to valuable for London to let go
Well said Kelly
We were up till the early morning hours, watching it on the TV
We were gutted to see the result and those Yoonball fukwits, celebrate in George Square, then launch bottles at the Indy guys, some wee neds even beat a young guy up while he was wearing the Saltire
Made my blood boil
Anyway, let's hope we get the result Scotland needs this time around
I agree, that the Establsihment doesn't want to let go of Scotland's resources, but unless people fight for their lives, it's, as you say, not going to change
Best to you Indy people
We, in the colonies are right with you

Well said Kelly
We were up till the early morning hours, watching it on the TV
We were gutted to see the result and those Yoonball fukwits, celebrate in George Square, then launch bottles at the Indy guys, some wee neds even beat a young guy up while he was wearing the Saltire
Made my blood boil
Anyway, let's hope we get the result Scotland needs this time around
I agree, that the Establsihment doesn't want to let go of Scotland's resources, but unless people fight for their lives, it's, as you say, not going to change
Best to you Indy people
We, in the colonies are right with you
BTW Dill those retrobates prepared to set off from behind Helium guys drinking den, that was the assembly point.

BTW Dill those retrobates prepared to set off from behind Helium guys drinking den, that was the assembly point.
We were fucking fuming, 6,000 miles away
A few mates in Glasgow wanted to go down and straighten the little cunts out (and they are Ragers supporters)
I go to a lot of events and I always ask about how people feel about Indy
Thousands at the Highland Games and I've only ever had one (Scottish woman) go spare when she saw my Indy YES, t shirt
She started screaming "Where's the 'NO' t shirts ???"
I said, "Excuse me, wait your turn, as I'm dealing with these nice folk, besides, It's my business I didn't make any, anyway, Scotland needs to go Indy"
She starts wailing and runs off, her man (Scottish) is standing there
"She with you ?"
He looked down in the mouth and said sheepishly "Aye"
I said "Serves ye right, she's fucking embarrassing"
I was expecting a bit of a backlash, but he just shrugged and said "Ach ah don't know if Scotland could handle being away from the UK"
If you looked up the term pussy whipped, his photo would be staring at you
She comes back wearing a Union Jack bowler hat and shouts "Well, what do you think of this then ???"
I ignore her as she tries to push in front of people, until a nice lady from Glasgow asks her if she'd like to go for a nap, in her own Glaswegian style
"Hey, why don't you fuck off, before you get hurt"
Security come and she's asked to leave the grounds
A cheer went up from all those standing watching the scene unfold
There's one, in every crowd

Last edited:
Back