So who was Celtic’s Greatest Goalkeeper? – David Potter narrows it down to two

So who was Celtic’s Greatest Goalkeeper? – David Potter narrows it down to two

What a brilliant article. I love these historical pieces from David & Matt.

During my lifetime I have always felt Celtic never put enough importance on goalies. Until recently when we bought Boric, the Waa, Gordon, played Bain then brought back Forster.

For me, Forster has been the best overall I've seen. But I will always bow to David Potter's judgement.

Crazy Artur fur me,jist ahead ae the wa'loved Ronnie though, he wiz everythin ye didnae want as a goalie,especially when big centre forwards had carte blanche tae charge ye,nae protection fur goalies in those days, mudbaths for pitches,a baw that ended up weighin like a medicine baw,he didnae wear gloves, he wiz ded auld, he was wee, but wiry,but he had catlike reflexes, Mon the 'Faither',Lion,Legend! ☘ 🍺🥳

Big Artur all day long, but being a keeper myself up until I was 21
I always loved Peter Latchford as he was the first proper English guy I ever loved😍 Only cause he played for us, but he had a brother called Bob n he was one of the best strikers in the English league at the time n played for Everton who as we all know were the catholic team in Liverpool n I know that doesn't matter to Celtic fans but that's why I loved Peter as he was to me the first proper memory of me going to see he Celts as a kid. Better than Roy Baines 😂🤣

Peter Latchford & Big Packie Bonner from my younger days, always rated Craig Gordon, sadly that horrific injury & long rehabilitation. Robbed football & Scotland of a World Class goalkeeper, I believe he could have been.

Modern day Mad Arthur or The Was, NAW canny decide. 🤔🤔🤔🥃🥃🥃🤔🤔🤔

Boruc was very dodgy at times...sure he pulled off a great save or two but shipped many a howler......his legend grew due to his Ibrox antics and crass religious song....imo of course

Forster by far was/is a better keeper

Boruc was very dodgy at times...sure he pulled off a great save or two but shipped many a howler......his legend grew due to his Ibrox antics and crass religious song....imo of course

Forster by far was/is a better keeper
penalty save against Man utd, scoring in a penalty shoot out,player of the tournament for Poland in a world cup, mon the holy goalie!

Yes he did have his moments...as have other Celtic goalkeepers...but I will maintain he became supremely overrated and popular due to the flag situation....which was class to be fair

Yes he did have his moments...as have other Celtic goalkeepers...but I will maintain he became supremely overrated and popular due to the flag situation....which was class to be fair
He was one of the best goalkeepers in Europe Docco ,his problem was he never looked after himself and got fat as fuck.

He was one of the best goalkeepers in Europe Docco ,his problem was he never looked after himself and became fat as fuck.

He was not in the same league as Van Der Saar, czeck , given etc.
I loved the guy but don't overlook his flaws, he was imo nowhere near as good as portrayed....I'd go as far as saying, and I'll don my tin hat here, Klos at the Hun was a far superior goalie....they cunts, girvan shitehouse except, have always had top keepers

Members online

Latest posts

Back