Sold Down the River

Think this has been well debated ,whinged ,wailed at ,and some temper tantrums on here in the last week
none of us is privy to what went on behind the scenes or what Celtic did or not do
The Lad went his time under the snake may have swung it for him to head downthe road

No point talking this to death

HE's GONE GET OVER IT

I couldn’t give a fuck Kelly. He’s fuck all to me other than another mercenary sellout but thats just me.

If they want to talk about it let them. Unless yer a boss.... you a boss pal? Mind when james forrest banned you cause he didn’t like what you said and we said is it a forum for free speech ?

No-one has to read any other posters stuff.

Its simple keep your blood pressure intact and skip it.

?????

I believe we would all agree that Peter Lawwell wields an inordinate amount of power throughout the corridors of Celtic Park; however - I think with a move of this magnitude and scale, there would be other (more) invested voices also casting their opinion on the subject.

One thing is clear, Kieran Tierney is no longer a Celtic player and for as much as I love the boy, he no longer plays a part in our day-to-day concerns.

I'm sure that in the fullness of time, there will be the inevitable autobiography that may shed a little more light, but it would be a massive kick in the teeth if at least £20 million of that transfer fee was not reinvested in the team.

As fans, we are often the last to know about what is discussed in conclave. We are left to speculate and react to conjecture which consequently leads to these types of debates.

I feel we have to focus on the facts as we know them and then dedicate ourselves to supporting the men currently wearing the jerseys. These types of events have often created division within the support and I believe that this season (more than most) we have to be United on all fronts. We know that we are going to be attacked by the media at any opportunity and right now, there will be the usual hacks spinning furiously trying to find even more negative angles.

KT is now confined to the line of "if you know your history", it's time to start making new histories for future generations to sing about.

but it would be a massive kick in the teeth if at least £20 million of that transfer fee was not reinvested in the team.

KT is now confined to the line of "if you know your history", it's time to start making new histories for future generations to sing about

(y)if that 20 million was reinvested. I'd laud PL. If...

Spot on AB. As per the criticism and comments that's all fair and is perfectly welcome, comes with being an opinionated bhoy.
As you said earlier if indeed we didn't have to sell then let's see a big chunk on a couple of full backs of repute and a centre half.
My worry on that is we're being told via Lenny there still needs to be outs before the ins.
Not having that.
I'll give it a week then I'm diving back in. In a disguise of course. Where is that BA Baracus costume?
My old man will just have to pity his fool!

Well I'll be expecting a bit of criticism following this post so you can take some solace in the fact you'll not be the only one having to take cover mate :LOL: So here goes......

There is NO excuse whatsoever for not strengthening further whether players go out or not and if Lenny is being told to sell before he can buy then that's a major worry! The money is there to strengthen but more importantly the NEED is there and if Lawell and the board fail to do so then it's negligent in the extreme, especially when the resources are there!

When we're playing a CB at RB, a CM at CB and have no adequate cover/replacement for a guy still trying to find his feet at LB then further signings are not a luxury they're a necessity. Lenny also sees the need for another striker and I would say there is a need for another CM enforcer type for away ties in Europe, where we may have to double up on that front to combat better quality teams who will put us under the cosh, so to make further signings dependent on others leaving would be folly and an act of self-harm.

We're going to be stretched this season one way or another with the amount of games we'll play and the inevitable injuries we'll rack up so if we're not careful we may end up having to rely on a patched up team with players playing out of position fighting on multiple fronts and if that happens we're leaving ourselves wide open when there is absolutely no need for it.

The money is there, the need is there, the question is......Is the will there?

HH mate (y)

Last edited:
Kelly's spot on, Niall.......you don't profess to have an inside line at Parkhead. You write from the heart and form an opinion based on the information you have at your disposal.

I'd also say the same for Sam too, sometimes it's merely a case at looking at the same painting but from different angles and perspectives.

Between yourself, Sam, Andybhoy and several others, I'd much rather be given food for thought by you lads than I would the professional bloggers and hackheads in the media.

I couldn’t give a fuck Kelly. He’s fuck all to me other than another mercenary sellout but thats just me.

If they want to talk about it let them. Unless yer a boss.... you a boss pal? Mind when james forrest banned you cause he didn’t like what you said and we said is it a forum for free speech ?

No-one has to read any other posters stuff.

Its simple keep your blood pressure intact and skip it.

?????
Wiz gonna give a call to arms for everybody to get their flamming pitchforks and head to Nialls place , maybe we should just head to yours :LOL:

ma blood pressure intact nowt wrong there

and naw a won't skip it just the same as you didn't skip ma post, it's an open forum

you don't like my opinion then don't answer it , ignore it and move on
No idea what the boss bit is ?

Kelly's spot on, Niall.......you don't profess to have an inside line at Parkhead. You write from the heart and form an opinion based on the information you have at your disposal.

I'd also say the same for Sam too, sometimes it's merely a case at looking at the same painting but from different angles and perspectives.

Between yourself, Sam, Andybhoy and several others, I'd much rather be given food for thought by you lads than I would the professional bloggers and hackheads in the media.
One of the things that always seem to be over looked in transfer dealings is the roles of agents/advisors , there on the hawk every window

If like KT or anyone else your stocks on the rise then there can be mitigating circumstances where agents and advisors would put pressure on the player

and say nows the time to move , your stocks hiogh we can get you ex amount in wages and get you income from image rights n shite like that

agents never stop working ,there chasing to cash to

Well I'll be expecting a bit of criticism following this post so you can take some solace in the fact you'll not be the only one having to take cover mate :LOL: So here goes......

There is NO excuse whatsoever for not strengthening further whether players go out or not and if Lenny is being told to sell before he can buy then that's a major worry! The money is there to strengthen but more importantly the NEED is there and if Lawell and the board fail to do so then it's negligent in the extreme, especially when the resources are there!

When we're playing a CB at RB, a CM at CB and have no adequate cover/replacement for a guy still trying to find his feet at LB then further signings are not a luxury they're a necessity. Lenny also sees the need for another striker and I would say there is a need for another CM enforcer type for away ties in Europe, where we may have to double up on that front to combat better quality teams who will put us under the cosh, so to make further signings dependent on others leaving would be folly and an act of self-harm.

We're going to be stretched this season one way or another with the amount of games we'll play and the inevitable injuries we'll rack up and if we're not careful we may end up having to rely on a patched up team with players playing out of position fighting on multiple fronts and if that happens we're leaving ourselves wide open when there is absolutely no need for it.

The money is there, the need is there, the question is......Is the will there?

HH mate (y)
Agree with every word! I'm now in a safe house. Just PM me if you need a bed and a burner phone to contact your family. Eastern Europe seems alright so far!

Thanks SP. Sam is a lad whose opinion I fully respect. Even when he's tearing me a new one!:ROFLMAO:

Members online

Latest posts

Back