Some basic psychology football research

you should have went out and got an LGBT jersey would have covered you for everything , you might have pulled to :ROFLMAO:
Just thinking how that would transfer to other sports.

It would be kinda refreshing to think of the NZ rugby team becoming the All-Pinks.

Old spunky seaman had an LGBT outfit during Euro 96........seemed to have the desired effect on Gary McAllister (then again, it was probably the latent hun in him that made him useless)!

Just thinking how that would transfer to other sports.

It would be kinda refreshing to think of the NZ rugby team becoming the All-Pinks.

Old spunky seaman had an LGBT outfit during Euro 96........seemed to have the desired effect on Gary McAllister (then again, it was probably the latent hun in him that made him useless)!
maybe the NZ cricket / morris dancers could have worn a more winnable colour

Forget the Jersey, My pink-eye would have made you sky it, mate!

Either that, or you would have slipped on the discharge.
haha i liked the eye contact with the keeper before i hit it,some stony faced,others with a daft grin on their faces ?.Mind playing Campsie Black Watch in the quarters of the Scottish years ago and it went to penaltys,they scored their 5th so we had to score,my mate turns round to everybody and said "i'm missin this"?and sure enough he hits one of the worst penaltys ive ever seen .Ive always said that a player shouldnt have to be asked to hit one ,you should be up puttin your name forward straight away.Anyhow enough rabblin ?☘

haha i liked the eye contact with the keeper before i hit it,some stony faced,others with a daft grin on their faces ?.Mind playing Campsie Black Watch in the quarters of the Scottish years ago and it went to penaltys,they scored their 5th so we had to score,my mate turns round to everybody and said "i'm missin this"?and sure enough he hits one of the worst penaltys ive ever seen .Ive always said that a player shouldnt have to be asked to hit one ,you should be up puttin your name forward straight away.Anyhow enough rabblin ?☘

In our school league cup final ,deciding penalty goes to our mouthy captain for all he was told bottom corner pick a side (goalie was slow to go down )

he skelps it and hits the corner flag from that day on he was only known as UC

I actually believe the points the Doc has brought up are worthwhile considering.

Sports psychology is a big thing. It can be the difference between winning and losing imo.....it can all come down to very fine margins.

So to positively influence a player, or a team, or both, by making them believe they have a psychological advantage.....any psychological advantage over their opponents.....can only be beneficial and helpful in promoting a positive mentality in my view.....and a positive mentality is a winning mentality.

Aye when we played them off the park and still lost

A few of those times we were cheated by their ref pals. That goal Cadette scored. The failure of the club to get a CB Tommy wanted never helped either. You’re right though, we played them off the park. A few more players and even the refs couldn’t have stopped us.

That was the change in the tide though. From then on we fought to get level then passed them.

Now we stand at a point where we get the players we need and qualify for the CL and we bury the bastards for years. I live for that day for I have never forgotten or will ever forgive their cheating, their taunting. I want them ground into the fucking dirt.

A few of those times we were cheated by their ref pals. That goal Cadette scored. The failure of the club to get a CB Tommy wanted never helped either. You’re right though, we played them off the park. A few more players and even the refs couldn’t have stopped us.

That was the change in the tide though. From then on we fought to get level then passed them.

Now we stand at a point where we get the players we need and qualify for the CL and we bury the bastards for years. I live for that day for I have never forgotten or will ever forgive their cheating, their taunting. I want them ground into the fucking dirt.
We all do ?☘

Kelly beat me to it. Boruc was a master. But I don't think you need a study to make this argument.

I miss the Holy Goalie. My brothers and I bumped into him one day as he was coming out of his flat. At first he was wary as he had to be. A few smiles an outstretched hand and a couple of hugs told him we were from the right side of the divide.

I always hoped he would come back. In fact I still do.

Color of soccer goalkeepers' uniforms influences the outcome of penalty kicks.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Scott Bain turned out against Sarajevo wearing black. I nearly exploded when I saw him.

That might have been worth watching.

It's the worst possible colour to wear and would cost us several goals a year.

And as it turned out, how many goals did it cost us? One? Two? In a 5-2 aggregate set? Yeah, this study wins me over completely . . . NOT.

Sports psychology is a crock. The game -- any game -- is very simple. You're either better than your opponent or you're not, and that can change from game to game.

There's a myth that the people who take the field are somehow "different" than the average human -- they're not. They just play a children's game a lot better than the rest of us, and get paid obscene amounts to play it. They laugh, cry, bleed, and of course make mistakes like the rest of us. And, of course, they could use a good analysis -- and help when necessary -- from a mental health professional, but I think that would fall under the category of "psychology" and not a made-up specialty like "sports psychology."

I miss the Holy Goalie. My brothers and I bumped into him one day as he was coming out of his flat. At first he was wary as he had to be. A few smiles an outstretched hand and a couple of hugs told him we were from the right side of the divide.

I always hoped he would come back. In fact I still do.

I understand that today is the anniversary of Celtic's signing of Boruc, according to a couple of Celtic fan Facebook pages, and with it was a video. It's amazing that such a great goalie was wearing -- GASP! -- black so often . . . .

Members online

Back