Something to cheer us up a bit..

I've come to the conclusion that nurses come from a working class background and do what they do for the love of helping people...doctors on the other hand are stuck up middle class wankers who get into the job to simply make mummy and daddy proud in their little social groups. The human body and how it works may fascinate them, the person and feeling and emotions that are connected to those bodies is just something they have to put up with. I know not all doctors and consultants are like this, the same as I know not all politicians are power hungry, thieving bastards. But my experience over the last week has been nothing short of hell. Day 7 of being pumped with drugs. When I've asked doctors for proper help they walk off. Yesterday I got irate, not aggressive at all. Im laying in bed unable to move. The consultant said he felt threatened by me (a fucking cripple) and walked off. That was 9 o'clock yesterday morning. No one has been back to see me. I miss my girls. Im in pain and I want to go home!!!!! And I've hijacked a positive thread and I'm sorry for that but I dont want to worry my family who aren't allowed to come see me!!!! Very sorry all 💚💚💚💚

I've come to the conclusion that nurses come from a working class background and do what they do for the love of helping people...doctors on the other hand are stuck up middle class wankers who get into the job to simply make mummy and daddy proud in their little social groups. The human body and how it works may fascinate them, the person and feeling and emotions that are connected to those bodies is just something they have to put up with. I know not all doctors and consultants are like this, the same as I know not all politicians are power hungry, thieving bastards. But my experience over the last week has been nothing short of hell. Day 7 of being pumped with drugs. When I've asked doctors for proper help they walk off. Yesterday I got irate, not aggressive at all. Im laying in bed unable to move. The consultant said he felt threatened by me (a fucking cripple) and walked off. That was 9 o'clock yesterday morning. No one has been back to see me. I miss my girls. Im in pain and I want to go home!!!!! And I've hijacked a positive thread and I'm sorry for that but I dont want to worry my family who aren't allowed to come see me!!!! Very sorry all 💚💚💚💚
Lubo, I've had many mixed and varied experiences with doctors. Some good, some bad and some that just defy explanation.

I agree wholeheartedly about the nursing staff though. Whatever they earn from their choice of career should be doubled as far as I'm concerned. Physical Therapists are a necessary evil, but I will bless the work they do.

The problem with doctors in my opinion, is that they generally come from a long family tradition of other doctors. They are emotionally detached during their early development due to their parents and grandparents being emotionally detached. Even when they develop personal relationships, it is uncanny how often they develop relationships with other doctors and they don't appear to grasp the real warmth of spending time with non-doctoring human beings.

Part of any patients recovery should be based on the support and presence of their loved ones. I understand that an ongoing global pandemic is not conducive to this, but good sense should allow doctors to determine how effective this type of love treatment could be on a case-by-case basis.

If you were in your 70's and vulnerable, then it would be fair enough to proceed with caution. As the young man that you are, it should not be beyond the wit of a doctor to find you a small room to spend a little bit of time with your family.

Chin up mate...........pain is temporary, love is eternal.

Lubo, I've had many mixed and varied experiences with doctors. Some good, some bad and some that just defy explanation.

I agree wholeheartedly about the nursing staff though. Whatever they earn from their choice of career should be doubled as far as I'm concerned. Physical Therapists are a necessary evil, but I will bless the work they do.

The problem with doctors in my opinion, is that they generally come from a long family tradition of other doctors. They are emotionally detached during their early development due to their parents and grandparents being emotionally detached. Even when they develop personal relationships, it is uncanny how often they develop relationships with other doctors and they don't appear to grasp the real warmth of spending time with non-doctoring human beings.

Part of any patients recovery should be based on the support and presence of their loved ones. I understand that an ongoing global pandemic is not conducive to this, but good sense should allow doctors to determine how effective this type of love treatment could be on a case-by-case basis.

If you were in your 70's and vulnerable, then it would be fair enough to proceed with caution. As the young man that you are, it should not be beyond the wit of a doctor to find you a small room to spend a little bit of time with your family.

Chin up mate...........pain is temporary, love is eternal.

Thanks SP. 👍👍👍

That is sad to hear Lubo. Let's hope you get this sorted as quickly as possible as a knackered back is so debilitating. It sounds like the guy is a jerk who can't interact with real people. There were a lot of medical students doing the same courses as me at Uni and I'd say most of them had issues with dealing with emotions - I suspect that many of them are on the spectrum (as are many scientists to be fair). I guess you just have to try to avoid taking out your frustrations (says me!!!) as he can't empathise with you just so you can get the help necessary to get back on with your life. Take care and hopefully you'll see your wee lassies soon. 💚

Hey Lubo, dealing with something unknown to you can get you down mate, I get what your saying about Docs etc, I was constantly told to stop smoking after my bypass opp, I've never smoked in my life mate and it was annoying the life out of me that they thought smoking was the cause. Its a hard time for you along with the restrictions on visiting its understandable that you will be worried, knowing one or 2 front line nursing staff they are dealing with a lot more pressure than they are used to and might be a bit more edgy, listen to their advice and for the good of your own health stay cam stay safe and you will be back with your family soon I hope.

Better to come on here and vent your frustrations Lubo than with your medical team, we are all rooting for you to get home soon, stay positive pal.

YNWA

Members online

Latest posts

Back