Something to cheer us up a bit..

Follow up on rant....amazing consultant just came to see me. Had proper look at me. Checked scans of back and has penciled me in for operation on Friday. Few months off work to contest with but a light at the end of the tunnel....who said all consultants were bad ๐Ÿ˜
That is fantastic news. Obviously the consultant is a Tim and was reading your rant on here before hot-footing it down to your ward to sort you out. I wonder who the closet boffin is (my money is on Imatim - but I could have sworn that they said their interest was in gynaecology). HH

I've come to the conclusion that nurses come from a working class background and do what they do for the love of helping people...doctors on the other hand are stuck up middle class wankers who get into the job to simply make mummy and daddy proud in their little social groups. The human body and how it works may fascinate them, the person and feeling and emotions that are connected to those bodies is just something they have to put up with. I know not all doctors and consultants are like this, the same as I know not all politicians are power hungry, thieving bastards. But my experience over the last week has been nothing short of hell. Day 7 of being pumped with drugs. When I've asked doctors for proper help they walk off. Yesterday I got irate, not aggressive at all. Im laying in bed unable to move. The consultant said he felt threatened by me (a fucking cripple) and walked off. That was 9 o'clock yesterday morning. No one has been back to see me. I miss my girls. Im in pain and I want to go home!!!!! And I've hijacked a positive thread and I'm sorry for that but I dont want to worry my family who aren't allowed to come see me!!!! Very sorry all ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š
Every sympathy for you Lubo. I know what it's like to be in pain and get no help. I had a trapped nerve in my neck. Me n Mrs went to see the consultant to discuss the MRI scan. He spent twenty minutes showing us the damage in my neck then said we won't do anything though we will continue to manage the pain and continue going to the pain clinic.
I was devestated because they managed fuck all pain management and the Pain Clinic is well named. The Mrs was raging saying I have watched him suffer for two years etc etc.
As we were leaving the Mrs flung her coat angrily over her shoulder, her coat caught the tap at the sink ( the tap was the bar kind that ye push left or right) and turned the tap on full blast cos her coat pushed the bar-tap all the way. The water surged oot the sink a totally soaked the consultant, the water was running doon his glasses and face. I handed him some paper towels, the Mrs kept walking oot and never said a word.
Outside she said he totally deserved it.
A couple of years ago I read about an Arab Doctor who had faked his qualifications to get a job at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee. It was him. I canna remember his name though.
I finally got an operation aboot 10 years ago on my spine. It was all caused by jumping up to head a ball, using my neck muscles to generate power, and completely missed the ball. It felt like my whole body took a lurch to the left. Fucked me up for months and niggled on and aff for years. Ended up having to give my job as a spray painter. That's how I ended up going to college and then Uni.
At the start I was totally disbelieved, I'm a schemie with tattoos on my hands and they made their minds up fairly quickly at the pain clinic that I was only after drugs. I got no effective pain relief for two years. I was even drug tested on the fly by them too.
Like I said earlier Lubo, every sympathy for you mate. Don't soak the consultant though.

I've come to the conclusion that nurses come from a working class background and do what they do for the love of helping people...doctors on the other hand are stuck up middle class wankers who get into the job to simply make mummy and daddy proud in their little social groups. The human body and how it works may fascinate them, the person and feeling and emotions that are connected to those bodies is just something they have to put up with. I know not all doctors and consultants are like this, the same as I know not all politicians are power hungry, thieving bastards. But my experience over the last week has been nothing short of hell. Day 7 of being pumped with drugs. When I've asked doctors for proper help they walk off. Yesterday I got irate, not aggressive at all. Im laying in bed unable to move. The consultant said he felt threatened by me (a fucking cripple) and walked off. That was 9 o'clock yesterday morning. No one has been back to see me. I miss my girls. Im in pain and I want to go home!!!!! And I've hijacked a positive thread and I'm sorry for that but I dont want to worry my family who aren't allowed to come see me!!!! Very sorry all ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š
No need to say sorry Lubo we are all behind you 100%. Remember you'll be home soon with your girls and you can all laugh and enjoy each other again. Ynwa. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

You've not hijacked the thread mate
We're all in your corner
Nurses are angels, some doctors, not so much
You'll get through this m ate, as frustrating as this is, the world has never seen what we're all going through, and your girls will soon have you home
Sending you our best mate
Stay positive and you'll get through this shitshow

HH

YNWA

Every sympathy for you Lubo. I know what it's like to be in pain and get no help. I had a trapped nerve in my neck. Me n Mrs went to see the consultant to discuss the MRI scan. He spent twenty minutes showing us the damage in my neck then said we won't do anything though we will continue to manage the pain and continue going to the pain clinic.
I was devestated because they managed fuck all pain management and the Pain Clinic is well named. The Mrs was raging saying I have watched him suffer for two years etc etc.
As we were leaving the Mrs flung her coat angrily over her shoulder, her coat caught the tap at the sink ( the tap was the bar kind that ye push left or right) and turned the tap on full blast cos her coat pushed the bar-tap all the way. The water surged oot the sink a totally soaked the consultant, the water was running doon his glasses and face. I handed him some paper towels, the Mrs kept walking oot and never said a word.
Outside she said he totally deserved it.
A couple of years ago I read about an Arab Doctor who had faked his qualifications to get a job at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee. It was him. I canna remember his name though.
I finally got an operation aboot 10 years ago on my spine. It was all caused by jumping up to head a ball, using my neck muscles to generate power, and completely missed the ball. It felt like my whole body took a lurch to the left. Fucked me up for months and niggled on and aff for years. Ended up having to give my job as a spray painter. That's how I ended up going to college and then Uni.
At the start I was totally disbelieved, I'm a schemie with tattoos on my hands and they made their minds up fairly quickly at the pain clinic that I was only after drugs. I got no effective pain relief for two years. I was even drug tested on the fly by them too.
Like I said earlier Lubo, every sympathy for you mate. Don't soak the consultant though.
Richy, spot on mate
I laughed at your story of your wife, the tap and the consultant, that must have been funny AF
I have some ink on me, and always laugh when they ask, when giving me a shot, "Are you ok with needles ?"

HH

Last edited:
Get it off your chest here m8, if you do it in there they'll just give you more drugs.
Always said the nurses you deal with in NHS are awesome, as soon as you go above that its a mindfuck
All the best in your search for meaningful help

Back