sound thrashings!

michael duffy

Great piece from Celtic underground, a 7-0 thrashing of Murderwell, and their manager jock wallarse!
well it got me me thinking,aboot thrashins,was at a cup tie against the jags at firhill in 1969,we were skooshin it 3-1 but somehow,we drew 3-3! ah know!
anyway, the replay at parkheid, ah wiz too auld tae be lifted ower and had to pay in,
but everybody knew, the jags were "gettin it",so prior tae the game, we asked a kind gentleman, tae purchase a "carry oot",which we, bein 16 year olds scudded on the way to the match,
so,we get tae Celtic park, take up our position, halfway up the terracing,slightly tae the left of the goal at the Celtic end,and as ye do,we were, quite merry,(that's code fur blootered,nae macaroon bars or spearmint chewing gum required!) singin like linty's,so the game kicks off and the bhoys are givin it the harlem globetrotters! one touch football,movement off the ball, ah joy to behold,but against all laws in the known universe it wiz 1-1!
it was then ah started feelin a wee bit "queazy" so ah bolted tae the back of Celtic end and was spewin projectiles (aye remember the kind gentleman! bastaart!) so i'm givin it ralph and hughie,then suddenly at half time, it started rainin, forgettin that at half time, everybody went tae the back of the Celtic end furra pish,not wan fecker shouted guardais lous!,next thing ah knew, ah'd teamed up wi ma mates,leavin the ground, ah wiz sayin,"ah've been sick,ah've been pished on and we drew 1-1,they said "ya dafty, we won 8-1!,
the moral of the story is,sometimes it's better tae stick tae macaroon bars and spearmint chewing gum! Hail Hail

Great piece from Celtic underground, a 7-0 thrashing of Murderwell, and their manager jock wallarse!
well it got me me thinking,aboot thrashins,was at a cup tie against the jags at firhill in 1969,we were skooshin it 3-1 but somehow,we drew 3-3! ah know!
anyway, the replay at parkheid, ah wiz too auld tae be lifted ower and had to pay in,
but everybody knew, the jags were "gettin it",so prior tae the game, we asked a kind gentleman, tae purchase a "carry oot",which we, bein 16 year olds scudded on the way to the match,
so,we get tae Celtic park, take up our position, halfway up the terracing,slightly tae the left of the goal at the Celtic end,and as ye do,we were, quite merry,(that's code fur blootered,nae macaroon bars or spearmint chewing gum required!) singin like linty's,so the game kicks off and the bhoys are givin it the harlem globetrotters! one touch football,movement off the ball, ah joy to behold,but against all laws in the known universe it wiz 1-1!
it was then ah started feelin a wee bit "queazy" so ah bolted tae the back of Celtic end and was spewin projectiles (aye remember the kind gentleman! bastaart!) so i'm givin it ralph and hughie,then suddenly at half time, it started rainin, forgettin that at half time, everybody went tae the back of the Celtic end furra pish,not wan fecker shouted guardais lous!,next thing ah knew, ah'd teamed up wi ma mates,leavin the ground, ah wiz sayin,"ah've been sick,ah've been pished on and we drew 1-1,they said "ya dafty, we won 8-1!,
the moral of the story is,sometimes it's better tae stick tae macaroon bars and spearmint chewing gum! Hail Hail

Great story. You forgot the guy who used to sell the rolls out of a big cardboard box. That would have sorted you oot. :)

At the 1980 riot final my pal lost the battle with EL D and didn’t see a thing. Also two guys we didn’t know, also steamin, lay in the skanky dust terrace, after we scored they stood up covered in footprints, taps aff as it was roasting. They got up and joined the rush down the terracing, right onto the pitch for the collective square go.

Drink at games had its down side. :)

Great story. You forgot the guy who used to sell the rolls out of a big cardboard box. That would have sorted you oot. :)

At the 1980 riot final my pal lost the battle with EL D and didn’t see a thing. Also two guys we didn’t know, also steamin, lay in the skanky dust terrace, after we scored they stood up covered in footprints, taps aff as it was roasting. They got up and joined the rush down the terracing, right onto the pitch for the collective square go.

Drink at games had its down side. :)

It was probably just a misunderstanding!
?
HH

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Love it MD I remember being 15 year old and pissed at a European game ,,,think it was in 1980.fell asleep half way through the game on top of the old pie stall at the back of the jungle. Woke up at 1,30 in the morning,,,fkn shit ma breeks trying to make my way back to springburn fae paradise through Duke street and the parade and barnhill along the railway tracks. Mates ribbed me for years aboot that one split ma knee open on the broken glass on the wall above the bogs climbing back oot ae parkheid an aw .never done that again HH

Great post MD Stella almost comedic I’m having a great laugh ? hope you never looked up when coughing your guts up. ????. Priceless

HH ??

Yes M ,am old enough to remember the ‘old’celtic park and the corners you mention,been there ,lol, hh

Talking of ''thrashings''- I remember an old BBC sports report from , of all people Archie ''unionist'' Macpherson back in the late 60's , I think .

Jock Stein's Celtic were blowing everybody away and they were playing Clyde in a League Cup tie . Archie reported on the TV that night that , as he was leaving the game , he was stopped by a wee guy in the street and asked the score .
''8 nil '' says Archie .
'''Who for ? '' replied the wee guy , which cracked up Archie !

HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back