Sparta Prague v Celtic - Thursday 26 November, kick-off 5.55pm live on BT Sport 3

One of a few that have darkened the Noise with their nasty bile. And they only ever appear on here after a crap performance (admittedly we have had to suffer too many of these recently).

Nothing ever about what we can do to improve - just always gloating at our misfortune, just like true fans do.
i think my weakness stems from the tight marking i got on my debut :)

Dont agree fae desmonds point of view he probs thinking alls not that bad because we've won 9 leagues and almost 12 trophies in a row I dont no wit posters expect Desmond to act like hes a business man the broadsheet will be fine covid aside he appointed ronny cause he was cheap n was just good enough to beat the Aberdeen/huns to the league then cause of Europe he spunked millions on Rodgers a hell of alot of money was spent and alot on pure shite players I might add for how good a tactician Rodgers is hes awful at scouting players the reason he appointed lennon was because of the spend during Brendan's reign that's why I think we wont see a knee jerk reaction by sacking lenny and trying to recruit during January desmond thinks about more than the here and now I wish he would bring suncunt young in and back the guy to the hilt with his own money have a real go at the europa league but it's no gonny happen its unrealistic to expect millions spent in january on players and new manager and think its gonny work very rare for Jan signings to be so successfull in my opinion as much as we want change I dont see it happening anytime soon
Too much to try and read in one breath, I'll get my inhaler and give it another go.

Apparently I’m not from Tyrone because I use terms like ‘bawbag’ etc. Oh pardon me for having the brains to quickly pick up Scottish terminology. So, if I were to use Tyrone expressions like ‘our blade’ or ‘that’s tara’ that would be okay?! What a cretinous, parochial bunch of morons there are on this site.

I grew up not far from The Academy in Dungannon. Anyone genuinely from Tyrone will immediately know what I am talking about. Edendork was my home area.
So feck aff with your ‘not from Tyrone’ shite.
I was born and bred about 20 mins drive down the M1 where Lennon comes from in Lurgan.
I have more right to speak about Lennon’s mindset than you dumbasses. As a fellow 6 county man I think I understand him better than you Scottish ones. Fk me.

Remember how you felt on Helicopter Sunday back in 2005? Well Lennon’s on course to remind you, only 1000 times worse.

The next manager must get players in that he WANTS, not players the board want to sign, on the cheap.
who is bought on the cheap?

Apparently I’m not from Tyrone because I use terms like ‘bawbag’ etc. Oh pardon me for having the brains to quickly pick up Scottish terminology. So, if I were to use Tyrone expressions like ‘our blade’ or ‘that’s tara’ that would be okay?! What a cretinous, parochial bunch of morons there are on this site.
disconnected from reality buddy

you are making up stuff now.

Nobody cares where your from its your rank attitude and as you describe yourself a cretinous foul mouthed hater of an irishman.

Still no heard your better plan yet and who funds it?

How many titles has Lennon won as manager?

Was it his hair that won it? Or his clothes?

How did you feel on helicopter Sunday?

Was it your favourite manager in charge?

Wow

The next manager must get players in that he WANTS, not players the board want to sign, on the cheap.
None of celtic players are bought on the cheap.

Who would be better value, in your opinion?

How much budget should new manager be given?

What overall wage percentage of turnover should he be set?

Should he be given unlimited carte blanche to have a budget compatible with EPL teams?

If so which team budget is our new budget?

Which Celtic players did we buy on cheap?

I grew up not far from The Academy in Dungannon. Anyone genuinely from Tyrone will immediately know what I am talking about. Edendork was my home area.
So feck aff with your ‘not from Tyrone’ shite.
I was born and bred about 20 mins drive down the M1 where Lennon comes from in Lurgan.
I have more right to speak about Lennon’s mindset than you dumbasses. As a fellow 6 county man I think I understand him better than you Scottish ones. Fk me.
cognitive dissonance in abundance buddy

you have more rights to denigrate a local

What right is that exactly? The cloud cuckoo getaway drivers right to hearsay invective?

Whats your thoughts on sevco

Are they going for 1?

None of celtic players are bought on the cheap.

Who would be better value, in your opinion?

How much budget should new manager be given?

What overall wage percentage of turnover should he be set?

Should he be given unlimited carte blanche to have a budget compatible with EPL teams?

If so which team budget is our new budget?

Which Celtic players did we buy on cheap?
Maybe on the cheap was the wrong phrase. Buying the cheaper option. If we had spent another £250,000 we could have bought John McGinn, but PL wouldn’t sanction it.

Now I'm not an academic man. I left school at the first opportunity and the only qualification I have is a stupid wee work-related thing that has about as much merit as one of the huns three trillion shares that have been issued in their eight-years of existence.

However - life has a way of teaching you a few important lessons along the way and, in my opinion, these are usually the lessons you best pay some heed to.

I'm just going to write a wee bit in reference to Tyrone Celt there, because this might prove to be one of those important 'life lessons' for him when it comes to understanding how to win friends and influence people in future.

Don't fact-check me on this, I don't read every post and commit them to memory, but I'm pretty certain in his early comments that he wrote mainly about the players fitness levels and then subsequently - how they were reflective of the manager himself.

I don't think any one of us can argue against the point that the team look leggy, unfit and sluggish this season. There has been a lack of pace throughout the team (excluding Frimpong who I think has only two settings - hyper and hyperer) and no real engine to drive us on.

In that respect, Tyrone Celt made an extremely valid and relevant point.

With regarding Lenny looking out of shape?

Yeah, he didn't look great in a few photographs and he looked pale, pasty and not generally healthy. If Tyrone Celt had left it at that, then he would have made another extremely valid and relevant point that would be difficult to argue against.

But there, young man, is where all of your constructive points (valid though they were) ceased. What succeeded them were many, many posts where you let your personal vindictiveness relating to Neil Lennon overtake any previously rational point you had made relating to fitness and performance. What followed were nasty, vicious and personal attacks that were an affront to decency whether you love Lenny or loathe Lenny.

Now that last sentence in the previous paragraph may seem a tad hypocritical, especially bearing in mind that Tyrone Celt himself has been the subject of some personal comments and criticisms; however - here is another one of those vital 'life lessons' writ large:

When you decide to pursue ad hominem attacks, then I'm afraid you have set the rules of engagement. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

You don't have to like someone. I've always found it hard to warm to Lenny, even as a player. He got himself into avoidable situations because of his arrogance (on and off the field). He got involved in the wind-up when he should have been focused on playing the game and elements of that could also be seen in his early management years.

You don't have to like him, but as a Celtic man - at least give him his place.

Tyrone Celt got far too personal in his critique and it stretched the boundaries of decency. That makes you fair game, pal. Sorry mate, but that happens across all walks of life, not just a football site.

I understand that Tyrone Celt has a right to reply to his critics (including myself), but he doesn't appear to have grappled with the concept that if you use pejorative terms and negative epithets, then you're likely to get it rammed right back up you with a bit of extra meat on it.

Just to finish as I started. The reason I mentioned my lack of education is because, thus far, I have never been judged for my poor punctuation, grammar, or spelling on this platform. Not once have I been judged as inferior for not having the proper sentence structure or for not having the appropriate links to connect paragraphs. Tyrone Celt made an error of judgement in taking issue with a highly-regarded contributor's use of full stops. As far as 'put downs' go, it was about as lame as Lenny's management this season, but it was another example of not understanding that it is the content of something, not the quality, that really matters.

Take wee mad Lizzie, for example. You can drape her in all of her finery and jewels. You can house her in all of her palaces and estates, but the fact if the matter is, is that she's just another benefits cheat with absolutely no quality or actual purpose. She might know her way around a full stop, but she's still a cunt. Full stop. Period. End of story.

Just play the ball and not the man, Tyrone Celt. You'll find that more folk agree with the substance of your points if you avoid the offensive personal shite.

Now I'm not an academic man. I left school at the first opportunity and the only qualification I have is a stupid wee work-related thing that has about as much merit as one of the huns three trillion shares that have been issued in their eight-years of existence.

However - life has a way of teaching you a few important lessons along the way and, in my opinion, these are usually the lessons you best pay some heed to.

I'm just going to write a wee bit in reference to Tyrone Celt there, because this might prove to be one of those important 'life lessons' for him when it comes to understanding how to win friends and influence people in future.

Don't fact-check me on this, I don't read every post and commit them to memory, but I'm pretty certain in his early comments that he wrote mainly about the players fitness levels and then subsequently - how they were reflective of the manager himself.

I don't think any one of us can argue against the point that the team look leggy, unfit and sluggish this season. There has been a lack of pace throughout the team (excluding Frimpong who I think has only two settings - hyper and hyperer) and no real engine to drive us on.

Yeah, he didn't look great in a few photographs and he looked pale, pasty and not generally healthy. If Tyrone Celt had left it at that, then he would have made another extremely valid and relevant point that would be difficult to argue against.

But there, young man, is where all of your constructive points (valid though they were) ceased. What succeeded them were many, many posts where you let your personal vindictiveness relating to Neil Lennon overtake any previously rational point you had made relating to fitness and performance. What followed were nasty, vicious and personal attacks that were an affront to decency whether you love Lenny or loathe Lenny.

Now that last sentence in the previous paragraph may seem a tad hypocritical, especially bearing in mind that Tyrone Celt himself has been the subject of some personal comments and criticisms; however - here is another one of those vital 'life lessons' writ large:

When you decide to pursue ad hominem attacks, then I'm afraid you have set the rules of engagement. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

You don't have to like someone. I've always found it hard to warm to Lenny, even as a player. He got himself into avoidable situations because of his arrogance (on and off the field). He got involved in the wind-up when he should have been focused on playing the game and elements of that could also be seen in his early management years.

Tyrone Celt got far too personal in his critique and it stretched the boundaries of decency. That makes you fair game, pal. Sorry mate, but that happens across all walks of life, not just a football site.

I understand that Tyrone Celt has a right to reply to his critics (including myself), but he doesn't appear to have grappled with the concept that if you use pejorative terms and negative epithets, then you're likely to get it rammed right back up you with a bit of extra meat on it.

Just to finish as I started. The reason I mentioned my lack of education is because, thus far, I have never been judged for my poor punctuation, grammar, or spelling on this platform. Not once have I been judged as inferior for not having the proper sentence structure or for not having the appropriate links to connect paragraphs. Tyrone Celt made an error of judgement in taking issue with a highly-regarded contributor's use of full stops. As far as 'put downs' go, it was about as lame as Lenny's management this season, but it was another example of not understanding that it is the content of something, not the quality, that really matters.

Take wee mad Lizzie, for example. You can drape her in all of her finery and jewels. You can house her in all of her palaces and estates, but the fact if the matter is, is that she's just another benefits cheat with absolutely no quality or actual purpose. She might know her way around a full stop, but she's still a cunt. Full stop. Period. End of story.

Just play the ball and not the man, Tyrone Celt. You'll find that more folk agree with the substance of your points if you avoid the offensive personal shite.
Aye, but my burning question is have you had your breakfast yet SP?🤣

Maybe on the cheap was the wrong phrase. Buying the cheaper option. If we had spent another £250,000 we could have bought John McGinn, but PL wouldn’t sanction it.
hearsay

John magian wanted guaranteed status of regular football

was offered a wage celtic couldn't afford to match under the terms rodgers was offering player

was guaranteed better wages and first team action as main man at AV

he would have been an option at us

no different to SORO or Turnbull

turned out he was gonna get better with first team action

At time I doubt he would get ahead of brown or McGregor and he was getting offered higher wages at AV

At 3.5 million 4 months before he became freebie he was not a cheap option

we already had bitton Henderson ntcham etc all champing at bit

Maginn made the call that paid him highest got his club highest fee and gave him platform to play every game. Celtic could not compete with wages for bit part player and could not guarantee him first pick.

personally I think magian made right choice he needed tested at higher level than Hibs and he needed gametime

just like every other cm we have

no guarantees JM would have made any impact on the overall winning of leagues

they did that without signing him

Happy to reboot. But I’m pretty sure I was called a hun for simply daring to suggest that Lennon’s appearance and demeanour was reflected in the team.
I am not hun. I grew up in a part of the world where not being being a hun made me a ‘legitimate target’ for loyalist murder gangs. I spent my youth thinking it was entirely normal to bolt when a car slowed down beside me - because it might be a gang of loyalist killers. Billy Wright and his vermin pals stalked my streets.
I despise Sevco and the animalistic loyalist filth that follow them.
I remember exactly where I was when we stopped the 10 (with a girl who had no interest in football and with whom I was trying to pretend I was interested whilst trying to hear the radio). I remember the sick feeling of helicopter Sunday.
I remember the elation when the orcs went bust. I still chuckle about Mr Custard. The banter years.
Our club is bigger than Neil Lennon’s ego, but right now Lennon is damaging our club so badly I fear we will be looking at a decade of setback.
So, fuck those of you who call me a hun. You sound like the worst paranoid bigots on Rangers Media.
Been a Celt all my life. Have been physically attacked because of it. Lennon is a fucking disaster right now. We are facing oblivion.

Happy to reboot. But I’m pretty sure I was called a hun for simply daring to suggest that Lennon’s appearance and demeanour was reflected in the team.
I am not hun. I grew up in a part of the world where not being being a hun made me a ‘legitimate target’ for loyalist murder gangs. I spent my youth thinking it was entirely normal to bolt when a car slowed down beside me - because it might be a gang of loyalist killers. Billy Wright and his vermin pals stalked my streets.
I despise Sevco and the animalistic loyalist filth that follow them.
I remember exactly where I was when we stopped the 10 (with a girl who had no interest in football and with whom I was trying to pretend I was interested whilst trying to hear the radio). I remember the sick feeling of helicopter Sunday.
I remember the elation when the orcs went bust. I still chuckle about Mr Custard. The banter years.
Our club is bigger than Neil Lennon’s ego, but right now Lennon is damaging our club so badly I fear we will be looking at a decade of setback.
So, fuck those of you who call me a hun. You sound like the worst paranoid bigots on Rangers Media.
Been a Celt all my life. Have been physically attacked because of it. Lennon is a fucking disaster right now. We are facing oblivion.
Thanks for that, TC. That was a decent response and it's greatly appreciated.

As I mentioned, you made some great points regarding fitness. It's a big factor, especially in modern football. The days of turning up for training and playing 5-a-sides has long gone and Lenny has to be much more of a physical presence at training sessions and construct a proper training programme and regimen.

He is also on the record as far as his philosophies on tactics and knowledge of the opposition. Whether that is the case or not, by even mentioning this - he opens himself up to criticism and by the way we set up for games, it's clear that he probably doesn't do his homework on the opposition.

I don't want to harp on, but your valid points are worth talking about. I'm interested in those opinions and the suggestions you have to remedy them.

Members online

No members online now.

Back