Sparta Prague v Celtic - Thursday 26 November, kick-off 5.55pm live on BT Sport 3

This might be the make or break game for Lenny, Stevie.

I wanted us to do well in Europe but once the CL was screwed, then the title should have been the number one priority. Europa League should have been an opportunity to try a couple of new things and get some boys up to speed - right now, we have to use it as a launchpad for the season, so you go as strong as you can and take the game to Sparta. We know they're tidy on the break, but we're going to have to learn to deal with that anyway because we've been feckin rank at defending breakaways for a couple of seasons now.

2-1 Celtic and a strong performance.
I think formation will be 21 0 7 0

with 7 inside rights and all the lazy bar stewards and guys who get picked every game

just for a change

At end of game if we win Lenny will say its best ever performance ever

if we get beat it will be green brigades fault for rocking the boat

As a few others have said, I'm actually expecting a result tonight, solely down to the fact we've been decent away from home in Europe since Lenny returned, unbeaten in every away game under him in his second spell excluding Cluj but having already topped the EL Group last season it was a dead rubber anyway, plus Sparta have lost 4 of their last 5 games (although in the game they didn't lose they spanked us 4-1).

In regards to formation & team selection, I'm fully expecting a 4-2-3-1 formation, meaning once again Eddy will be isolated up top having to drop deeper to get involved, with Christie being out of position at RW, madness really. Then there's Brown who I expect to see again even though it should be clear to anyone that his legs have clearly gone at European level, in fact there's an argument they've gone domestically as well but they've most definitely gone in Europe.

I was thinking about what formation would suit us best going forward in terms of personnel, coming to the conclusion that a 4-3-1-2 formation would suit us best, something like this...

Bain
Elhamed Jullien Ajer Laxalt
Christie Bitton CalMac
Rogic
Eddy Ajeti

I know folk want Barkas back in but apparently he was a shambles with Greece during the break, Greece fans slaughtering him on social media for his performance against Cyprus, I think his confidence is extremely low so would stick with Bain. The three of Christie/Bitton/CalMac would give the DF extra protection in front of them, when going forward one of Christie or CalMac would have to remain disciplined, so if CalMac went forward, Christie would have to stay back alongside Bitton & vice versa, I think it's time Bitton went back into his best position as a holding MF although I wouldn't mind seeing Soro either in that role. Obviously my team suggestion doesn't get wingers into the team but with Forrest/Johnston out injured & Elyounoussi being very hot & cold in relation to his form I don't think it's a huge gamble.

As a few others have said, I'm actually expecting a result tonight, solely down to the fact we've been decent away from home in Europe since Lenny returned, unbeaten in every away game under him in his second spell excluding Cluj but having already topped the EL Group last season it was a dead rubber anyway, plus Sparta have lost 4 of their last 5 games (although in the game they didn't lose they spanked us 4-1).

In regards to formation & team selection, I'm fully expecting a 4-2-3-1 formation, meaning once again Eddy will be isolated up top having to drop deeper to get involved, with Christie being out of position at RW, madness really. Then there's Brown who I expect to see again even though it should be clear to anyone that his legs have clearly gone at European level, in fact there's an argument they've gone domestically as well but they've most definitely gone in Europe.

I was thinking about what formation would suit us best going forward in terms of personnel, coming to the conclusion that a 4-3-1-2 formation would suit us best, something like this...

Bain
Christie Bitton CalMac
Rogic
Eddy Ajeti

I know folk want Barkas back in but apparently he was a shambles with Greece during the break, Greece fans slaughtering him on social media for his performance against Cyprus, I think his confidence is extremely low so would stick with Bain. The three of Christie/Bitton/CalMac would give the DF extra protection in front of them, when going forward one of Christie or CalMac would have to remain disciplined, so if CalMac went forward, Christie would have to stay back alongside Bitton & vice versa, I think it's time Bitton went back into his best position as a holding MF although I wouldn't mind seeing Soro either in that role. Obviously my team suggestion doesn't get wingers into the team but with Forrest/Johnston out injured & Elyounoussi being very hot & cold in relation to his form I don't think it's a huge gamble.
Welcome Victor, cracking first post, hard to disagree with anything you say, we do try on here
Any chance you'll come back and play for us one day :p

Welcome Victor, cracking first post, hard to disagree with anything you say, we do try on here
Any chance you'll come back and play for us one day :p
Thanks for the welcome, delighted to join 🍀

I actually hope to be in the hat for the managers job if Lenny leaves mate, Lawwell said he stored my application in his file so I'm sure he'll get round to look at it 😁

he looks miserable and is still in denial

board need to help him by removing him

Im actually worried for his health more than 10 in a row

He has changed his opinion on the last match?

He clearly is suffering as bad as us and he needs board to remove him asap

He cant quit because thats even more of a head melter to quit

And he looks more and more depressed every game.

the board are incompetent

Lenny is one of us and he looks as if he walking alone.

I really hoped he would win it. But imo he isn't well. He not saying same thing between every match these days

its hard job at best of times but ffs

poor guy needs the board to find someone else to carry the weight.

he cant quit for same reason he cant admit its rotten to watch and not very effective these days

so board need to cut him slack and let him go, before he gets more unwell

he looks miserable and is still in denial

board need to help him by removing him

Im actually worried for his health more than 10 in a row

He has changed his opinion on the last match?

He clearly is suffering as bad as us and he needs board to remove him asap

He cant quit because thats even more of a head melter to quit

And he looks more and more depressed every game.

the board are incompetent

Lenny is one of us and he looks as if he walking alone.

I really hoped he would win it. But imo he isn't well. He not saying same thing between every match these days

its hard job at best of times but ffs

poor guy needs the board to find someone else to carry the weight.

he cant quit for same reason he cant admit its rotten to watch and not very effective these days

so board need to cut him slack and let him go, before he gets more unwell

also if he only found out about the banner at this conference then someone at club needs sacked

he finding out fans want him out at press conference before an important match

no-one mentioned it to him knowing he will be on media black out to sort out his mind

Sums up his support from club in this time of crisis

You think the board dont know about banner protests outside ground.

he looks even more miserable than I feel and thats not a good place to be.

is there no room for sentimentality even if it leads to the total collapse of a good guy in a real pressure job?

he needs taken out of that scenario by club hierarchy

he been through enough in his life to then feel abandoned by his own people in every way.

he needs vocal support from the hierarchy or taken from the situation

he is trying but he looks like he has nowhere to turn at moment

and the board are silent on that too.

get the hole load of them gone. will green brigade feel sorry if he gets really no well?

Bain
Christie Bitton CalMac
Rogic
Eddy Ajeti

Welcome Wanyama. I have to agree with a lot your post. Cheers.

Questions Questions Questions I'm asking myself at the moment.

I wonder what 30 mins the team will try for tonight, the first, the last, or the more unlikely the 15 either side of the break???

Will we stick with one guy isolated up front and then give him stick for not trying???

Will we have pace in defence??.

How many players will be played out of position???.

Will Soro play???

And apart from Neil Eddie Broonie Shane and John Kennedy, who will be getting it in the kneck from the Fifa21 trained keyboard managers tomorrow if it all goes "Pear shaped in Prague".

O and welcome to the Noise Wanyama 👍

Questions Questions Questions I'm asking myself at the moment.

I wonder what 30 mins the team will try for tonight, the first, the last, or the more unlikely the 15 either side of the break???

Will we stick with one guy isolated up front and then give him stick for not trying???

Will we have pace in defence??.

How many players will be played out of position???.

Will Soro play???

And apart from Neil Eddie Broonie Shane and John Kennedy, who will be getting it in the kneck from the Fifa21 trained keyboard managers tomorrow if it all goes "Pear shaped in Prague".

O and welcome to the Noise Wanyama 👍
Thanks mate, would love to see Soro finally get his chance but doubtful it will ever happen under Lenny (cue Soro starting later 😂) 🍀

Starting 11 is

Bain
Christie Brown McGregor Elyounoussi
Ntcham
Edouard

Looks like same formation as Lille away, 4-4-1-1

Brown shouldn't be anywhere close to the starting 11 and Barkas should be in goals, other than that pretty strong starting 11

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back