Sparta Prague v Celtic - Thursday 26 November, kick-off 5.55pm live on BT Sport 3

Lenny has said Griffiths is out with a knee injury. But Jullien and Elhamed should be fit for tomorrow's game. I'm disappointed we won't start with Eddy & Griff up front because I was hoping to see if we can recapture the form that did us so well at the start of the year.

Lenny has said Griffiths is out with a knee injury. But Jullien and Elhamed should be fit for tomorrow's game. I'm disappointed we won't start with Eddy & Griff up front because I was hoping to see if we can recapture the form that did us so well at the start of the year.
We have the strikers to do the job but very disappointing to hear that about griff

Whatever team Lenny puts out tonight it must be with a win at all costs and to play as a team,,over the past years Celtic have played some of the best teams in Europe and win lose or draw the have left the field with dignity and heads held high knowing they have given thier all for the team and that is what is missing at present,to often lately it's been the defending then the midfield followed by the forwards not doing thier job failing that it's the manager,tonight is the ideal time to get it togeather and show what they can do,no excuses, the last thing Celtic and thier supporters need is another poor display

Last edited:
We have zero chance of qualifying from this group so in normal circumstances we should be playing a weakened/experimental team to give players game time. However, the current mess we are in means we need to play our strongest, available starting 11 (if there is such a thing) and try to get some form, cohesion, result that we can cling to moving forward. I’d start
Barkas
Elhamed Julien Ajer Laxalt
Christie Ntcham McGregor Elyounoussi
Ajeti Edouard

If we can’t get a result, or at least performance, from that 11 then we really are in the shit this season.

We have zero chance of qualifying from this group so in normal circumstances we should be playing a weakened/experimental team to give players game time. However, the current mess we are in means we need to play our strongest, available starting 11 (if there is such a thing) and try to get some form, cohesion, result that we can cling to moving forward. I’d start
Barkas
Elhamed Julien Ajer Laxalt
Christie Ntcham McGregor Elyounoussi
Ajeti Edouard

If we can’t get a result, or at least performance, from that 11 then we really are in the shit this season.
Looks like a more solid back 4 with el games and Julie
Hopefully a clean sheet or very little conceded and we’re capable of scoring a couple

Hope that Shane, Scott(both),Ryan, Ollie and Diego are not in the starting 11 tonight for varying reasons.

Would like to see Paddy and young Soro along with Taylor starting, with Welsh and Kaddy getting on second half.
Had similar type of thought , precedence to the domestic cause. Though I think that we will see a full strength Celtic tonight trying to save our euro season as unlikely as that would seem , like everyone I want a completely committed performance , an attempt at salvaging the group. If we go out so be it but I'd rather it was not in Prague.

The whole club needs a good performance tonight no matter the end scoreline. Some say the game is meaningless but i think it's very important if we are to move forward. We can accept defeat but we must see real hope that we're moving in the right direction and not the same old shit we've endured for most of this season. If we don't perform yet again i dread the fallout. I want Lenny to succeed even if I'm not convinced by him. Moreso i want our team to show a real hunger and desire to win. I hope yet again tonight we turn a corner.

The whole club needs a good performance tonight no matter the end scoreline. Some say the game is meaningless but i think it's very important if we are to move forward. We can accept defeat but we must see real hope that we're moving in the right direction and not the same old shit we've endured for most of this season. If we don't perform yet again i dread the fallout. I want Lenny to succeed even if I'm not convinced by him. Moreso i want our team to show a real hunger and desire to win. I hope yet again tonight we turn a corner.
This might be the make or break game for Lenny, Stevie.

I wanted us to do well in Europe but once the CL was screwed, then the title should have been the number one priority. Europa League should have been an opportunity to try a couple of new things and get some boys up to speed - right now, we have to use it as a launchpad for the season, so you go as strong as you can and take the game to Sparta. We know they're tidy on the break, but we're going to have to learn to deal with that anyway because we've been feckin rank at defending breakaways for a couple of seasons now.

2-1 Celtic and a strong performance.

Back