SPFL a farmers league?

Winter

This is something that we hear a lot especially from England, our league is rubbish , a farmers league that's only ever won by Celtic because the rest are just terrible also rans. You could quite easily believe that if we Celtic supporters were as ignorant of other European countries top flight leagues, for instance look at italy, Germany and Austria. Hardly what any self respecting football fan with any knowledge of the beautiful game would call an easy division to win (farmers league for short) just to prove the jealousy aimed at Celtic from english clubs who have swapped the glory of success in winning the title for cash have a gander at this wee list below
Longest current title winning runs
9 Celtic (Scotland) 2011/12–
9 Juventus (Italy) 2011/12–
9 Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria) 2011/12–
8 Bayern München (Germany) 2012/13–
7 APOEL (Cyprus) 2012/13*–
7 Qarabağ (Azerbaijan) 2013/14–
7 Salzburg (Austria) 2013/14–
6 Astana (Kazakhstan) 2014–
Now I've noticed right away that farmers league with the minnows of Bayer Leverkusen Dortmund, Leipzig, Schalke (the most attended league in Europe aka the Bundesliga) which also contains the current champions of Europe Bayern Munich have just won the league for the 8th time in a row. Then theres that tin pot league serie A with clubs so rubbish that milan have only been European champions 7 times , inter 3 times and Juventus 2 times. Juventus have also like Celtic just won the league for the 9th time in a row.
Salzburg of Austria they are on 7 in a row but they're cheating by drinking red bull and now have wings so farmers league. Also carrierbag of Azerbaijan and astana-dalone of Kazakhstan on the border of Europe where Europe borders china and Mongolia (aye big place Europe) theyre on 7 and 6 respectively but I'm not going to count them because they are as much part of europe as the moon is part of castlemilk but we can count APOEL Nicosia of Cyprus they're on 7in a row. Also dont require Elon musk or space x just to play the away leg. Anyway the Point is that we are not given credit for our achievements because the league is so bad that anyone called Glasgow Celtic will win it, but Hansi Flick over to the European champions 8 in a row and it's a different story. Same with the old lady of Turin, Juventus always win it because milan the 2nd most successful European club ever are shite as are inter , lazio and Roma. Its 100% jealousy from the English who don't like it that they only have money but no trophies and many have no history in europe either. They think It's so competitive in England because no club has ever won the championship 2 years running 😜 thats the intelligence you're dealing with jealousy , crazy or what

Last edited:
English pish fae the the likes of talk shite radio,if the hun scum were goin for 10 in a row, it would be a great achievement! phuq them, phuq the meedja, a team fae a farmers league phuqed Man city, and an ex celt, skelped phuqed man city again. phuq the arrogant engerlish media! 🍺 🥳

The English have got to get their facts right, the SPFL is more of a clowns league than a farmers league.

When you have an administration like ours that has historically and actively worked for the betterment of only one club (and let's just state definitively that that club is NOT Celtic), then the entire league has to be labelled a joke, and not a particularly funny one either.

The glory days of huge crowds in every Scottish stadium are buried in a shallow grave along with the principles of fair and sporting competition. Sad though it is to say, the current pandemic may prove to be the catalyst needed for change, as it is extremely unlikely that many of the clubs throughout the leagues will survive the carnage caused by the financial tsunami which is still to fully realise itself.

Provincial clubs who have ambitions which far exceed their resources may have to look at ways of working together and finding an alternative set-up to survive in future.

Regional areas, counties and kingdoms may well have to unify their efforts to struggle through and whilst it may see the demise of some noted clubs as separate entities, it will at least keep competitive football within their larger community.

As far as the English go, there is an element of fear there that, once you take out their big 6 clubs, then they are consciously/unconsciously aware that Celtic and New Bigot FC would dwarf the rest of the competition in size and scale. Access to a slice of their financial cake would allow Celtic to remodel the main stand and bring the capacity up to 70,000+ which would be sold out in advance of every home game. Even that lot might be able to get their house of horrors in order, but if any mob can screw up - then the Billy's not-so-Smart Circus (loads of animals were hurt in making that production) will find new and even more entertaining ways of fucking up monumentally (less emphasis on monu - loads of emphasis on mentally).

Even Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen would make a decent fist of being competitive down there. They have historical fan bases and decent sized catchment areas to draw support from. With everything set fair and resources available those three clubs can easily provide 30,000 fans on a regular basis. But that then highlights the need for a bit more intelligence between some clubs. I'm not suggesting that they have to amalgamate, but surely it isn't beyond the wit of man to realise that the Edinburgh clubs could perhaps have the foresight to share a purpose-built stadium? Same in Dundee, even if they want to struggle along in a two-club provincial city, would it not be germane to countenance at least sharing a stadium?

Scottish football is a joke run by clowns, fools and shortsighted egomaniacs who can't see the forest for the fire that's about to ravage them, but the steroid league down south with its financial doping and greed at all costs isn't anything to write home about either. Where would Man City and Chelsea be without the Arab and Russian money laundering exercises?

They might see us as a farmers league, but theirs is the equivalent of a genetically-modified, bio-engineered hash plantation.

The English have got to get their facts right, the SPFL is more of a clowns league than a farmers league.

When you have an administration like ours that has historically and actively worked for the betterment of only one club (and let's just state definitively that that club is NOT Celtic), then the entire league has to be labelled a joke, and not a particularly funny one either.

The glory days of huge crowds in every Scottish stadium are buried in a shallow grave along with the principles of fair and sporting competition. Sad though it is to say, the current pandemic may prove to be the catalyst needed for change, as it is extremely unlikely that many of the clubs throughout the leagues will survive the carnage caused by the financial tsunami which is still to fully realise itself.

Provincial clubs who have ambitions which far exceed their resources may have to look at ways of working together and finding an alternative set-up to survive in future.

Regional areas, counties and kingdoms may well have to unify their efforts to struggle through and whilst it may see the demise of some noted clubs as separate entities, it will at least keep competitive football within their larger community.

As far as the English go, there is an element of fear there that, once you take out their big 6 clubs, then they are consciously/unconsciously aware that Celtic and New Bigot FC would dwarf the rest of the competition in size and scale. Access to a slice of their financial cake would allow Celtic to remodel the main stand and bring the capacity up to 70,000+ which would be sold out in advance of every home game. Even that lot might be able to get their house of horrors in order, but if any mob can screw up - then the Billy's not-so-Smart Circus (loads of animals were hurt in making that production) will find new and even more entertaining ways of fucking up monumentally (less emphasis on monu - loads of emphasis on mentally).

Even Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen would make a decent fist of being competitive down there. They have historical fan bases and decent sized catchment areas to draw support from. With everything set fair and resources available those three clubs can easily provide 30,000 fans on a regular basis. But that then highlights the need for a bit more intelligence between some clubs. I'm not suggesting that they have to amalgamate, but surely it isn't beyond the wit of man to realise that the Edinburgh clubs could perhaps have the foresight to share a purpose-built stadium? Same in Dundee, even if they want to struggle along in a two-club provincial city, would it not be germane to countenance at least sharing a stadium?

Scottish football is a joke run by clowns, fools and shortsighted egomaniacs who can't see the forest for the fire that's about to ravage them, but the steroid league down south with its financial doping and greed at all costs isn't anything to write home about either. Where would Man City and Chelsea be without the Arab and Russian money laundering exercises?

They might see us as a farmers league, but theirs is the equivalent of a genetically-modified, bio-engineered hash plantation.
Good to see you have lost none of your wit, wisdom or wordplay SP! Now can you direct me to that land of g-m, b-e hashish. I'm a desperate man 😉

Good to see you have lost none of your wit, wisdom or wordplay SP! Now can you direct me to that land of g-m, b-e hashish. I'm a desperate man 😉
Great to hear from you again, Lemon, hope you and the wee lass are doing well, mate.

Funny you should mention that........one of the renowned horticulturists in Dundee is apparently trying some arable farming out by Tullybaccart.

It seems that there's a decided lack of halogen heaters, hydroponics and tinfoil in Dundee at the moment, but there's a new hole in the ozone layer that's aboot the size of Perth and Kinross.

It must be some size o' fish tank?

Great to hear from you again, Lemon, hope you and the wee lass are doing well, mate.

Funny you should mention that........one of the renowned horticulturists in Dundee is apparently trying some arable farming out by Tullybaccart.

It seems that there's a decided lack of halogen heaters, hydroponics and tinfoil in Dundee at the moment, but there's a new hole in the ozone layer that's aboot the size of Perth and Kinross.

It must be some size o' fish tank?
🤣 I have been better SP but the daughter is good which is the main thing. I have been struggling to put much focus on the fitba but I think my mojo is slowly returning. It has been nearly a year since I set foot in your fair city and probably will be by the time I do, maybe that's what I need. You don't hear Dundee and pick me up being used together very often but there you go, strange times indeed.

🤣 I have been better SP but the daughter is good which is the main thing. I have been struggling to put much focus on the fitba but I think my mojo is slowly returning. It has been nearly a year since I set foot in your fair city and probably will be by the time I do, maybe that's what I need. You don't hear Dundee and pick me up being used together very often but there you go, strange times indeed.
The toon needs a bit of class, so you're welcome anytime.

Get that mojo working, because me and Keviano are going to be calling on your musical genius soon. Delighted that your lassie is in good form and give my regards to your Ma', Da' and sister.

Dundee and pick me up...........hahahahahaha, you're a funny man, Lemon!

SFA and the SPFL are shite in a pile o Dung
Couldn’t run a bath 🛀 as we’re well aware
So some of what’s said about the Glasgow and District football league is True.
but we keep on going yes agree with SP there will be casualties ahead Covid19 hasn’t finished with football clubs but will end them
And it will be sad for those Fans but it will carry on.
But if take away BT/SKY the English game dies.
Then watch the clamour for a British League
I know unlikely to happen but if we go into a depression who knows. Just sayin

HH 👀

The toon needs a bit of class, so you're welcome anytime.

Get that mojo working, because me and Keviano are going to be calling on your musical genius soon. Delighted that your lassie is in good form and give my regards to your Ma', Da' and sister.

Dundee and pick me up...........hahahahahaha, you're a funny man, Lemon!
Musical genius, funny man - now you're pushing it. I will see what I can do. Duffy's cousin will need a song of welcome but I am hoping that there will be many songs for the big man as he stays beyond the loan. As for the new team over the river I believe there will be plenty more comedy genius coming from them.
Ps The da would have been 101 last week and the ma would be coming 94 so I will no' be telling them you were asking for them. Long deid, well 8 and 18 years😂

SFA and the SPFL are shite in a pile o Dung
Couldn’t run a bath 🛀 as we’re well aware
So some of what’s said about the Glasgow and District football league is True.
but we keep on going yes agree with SP there will be casualties ahead Covid19 hasn’t finished with football clubs but will end them
And it will be sad for those Fans but it will carry on.
But if take away BT/SKY the English game dies.
Then watch the clamour for a British League
I know unlikely to happen but if we go into a depression who knows. Just sayin

HH 👀
Jam, I've been playing with the notion for years that the major European clubs have looked at the money kicking aboot in the NFL in America and they want to replicate that model.

32 teams playing in a closed-off competition with more money than Midas himself.

I believe also that Celtic are well-placed for an invite because of the global appeal and the marketing opportunities.

Even in the event that Celtic weren't invited to the party, then the remaining English clubs would be hikin' their drawers aside to get us doon there.

Covid will change the world, but no more so than how it's going to change sport.

Jam, I've been playing with the notion for years that the major European clubs have looked at the money kicking aboot in the NFL in America and they want to replicate that model.

32 teams playing in a closed-off competition with more money than Midas himself.

I believe also that Celtic are well-placed for an invite because of the global appeal and the marketing opportunities.

Even in the event that Celtic weren't invited to the party, then the remaining English clubs would be hikin' their drawers aside to get us doon there.

Covid will change the world, but no more so than how it's going to change sport.
Aye we'll be seeing the weans oot on the streets playing by themselves wi' nowt but a rag ba'.

Musical genius, funny man - now you're pushing it. I will see what I can do. Duffy's cousin will need a song of welcome but I am hoping that there will be many songs for the big man as he stays beyond the loan. As for the new team over the river I believe there will be plenty more comedy genius coming from them.
Ps The da would have been 101 last week and the ma would be coming 94 so I will no' be telling them you were asking for them. Long deid, well 8 and 18 years😂
Ach - well when you get yourself up here, we'll raise a glass to their memory and sing a song or two.

There's an ald fella up by here who just turned 100 a couple of weeks back. Still goes for his half-pint to do his crossword everyday and he's a cantankerous old git that likes to throw his not-very-significant weight aroond.

His Da' told him aboot when Dundee beat Clyde to win their only Scottish Cup in 1910 and I think he's hingin' on in the hope that he might see them win it himself one day. Good luck to him on that, because that would make him the first 250-year-old man

Aye we'll be seeing the weans oot on the streets playing by themselves wi' nowt but a rag ba'.
If you can trap and pass a rag ba', then you can trap and pass a size 5, Lemon.

I'd just like to see bairns playing football full stop.......that would at least be a start. Get them aff they feckin phones and consoles and get them chasing dirt and eating worms like normal bairns did!

This is something that we hear a lot especially from England, our league is rubbish , a farmers league that's only ever won by Celtic because the rest are just terrible also rans. You could quite easily believe that if we Celtic supporters were as ignorant of other European countries top flight leagues, for instance look at italy, Germany and Austria. Hardly what any self respecting football fan with any knowledge of the beautiful game would call an easy division to win (farmers league for short) just to prove the jealousy aimed at Celtic from english clubs who have swapped the glory of success in winning the title for cash have a gander at this wee list below
Longest current title winning runs
9 Celtic (Scotland) 2011/12–
9 Juventus (Italy) 2011/12–
9 Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria) 2011/12–
8 Bayern München (Germany) 2012/13–
7 APOEL (Cyprus) 2012/13*–
7 Qarabağ (Azerbaijan) 2013/14–
7 Salzburg (Austria) 2013/14–
6 Astana (Kazakhstan) 2014–
Now I've noticed right away that farmers league with the minnows of Bayer Leverkusen Dortmund, Leipzig, Schalke (the most attended league in Europe aka the Bundesliga) which also contains the current champions of Europe Bayern Munich have just won the league for the 8th time in a row. Then theres that tin pot league serie A with clubs so rubbish that milan have only been European champions 7 times , inter 3 times and Juventus 2 times. Juventus have also like Celtic just won the league for the 9th time in a row.
Salzburg of Austria they are on 7 in a row but they're cheating by drinking red bull and now have wings so farmers league. Also carrierbag of Azerbaijan and astana-dalone of Kazakhstan on the border of Europe where Europe borders china and Mongolia (aye big place Europe) theyre on 7 and 6 respectively but I'm not going to count them because they are as much part of europe as the moon is part of castlemilk but we can count APOEL Nicosia of Cyprus they're on 7in a row. Also dont require Elon musk or space x just to play the away leg. Anyway the Point is that we are not given credit for our achievements because the league is so bad that anyone called Glasgow Celtic will win it, but Hansi Flick over to the European champions 8 in a row and it's a different story. Same with the old lady of Turin, Juventus always win it because milan the 2nd most successful European club ever are shite as are inter , lazio and Roma. Its 100% jealousy from the English who don't like it that they only have money but no trophies and many have no history in europe either. They think It's so competitive in England because no club has ever won the championship 2 years running 😜 thats the intelligence you're dealing with jealousy , crazy or what
Let us not forget that it was us farmers, with a bunch of local bhoys, that beat Engerlands best to the BIG trophy. Farmers my arse, disadvantaged certainly.

If you can trap and pass a rag ba', then you can trap and pass a size 5, Lemon.

I'd just like to see bairns playing football full stop.......that would at least be a start. Get them aff they feckin phones and consoles and get them chasing dirt and eating worms like normal bairns did!
Well said canny beat a dirty bairn SP miss kids playing football the auld 10 half time 20 the winner Christ we played Tennis Wimbers
Gowf (Scottish Wurd fur Gowf) the open
and Cricket when the West Indies would smash England famous quote the Bowlers Holding the Batsmans Willey And Rugby five nations From first light to last light
Never see that now sad ☹️

HH 👏

Well said canny beat a dirty bairn SP miss kids playing football the auld 10 half time 20 the winner Christ we played Tennis Wimbers
Gowf (Scottish Wurd fur Gowf) the open
and Cricket when the West Indies would smash England famous quote the Bowlers Holding the Batsmans Willey And Rugby five nations From first light to last light
Never see that now sad ☹

HH 👏
As soon as the ald man and dear left for work, it was a mass congregation o' bairns fae all over, Jam.

All the different sports, doon the big cundies and into the sewers, dens in the ald hooses, oot to the berries for some pocket money and to terrorise the animals. The berries were great during the Glasgow Fair.........the wee Glasgow lassies would be dressed up to the nines and sashaying doon the berry dreels like they were the catwalks of Paris or Milan. Awww man......I loved those days!!!

As soon as the ald man and dear left for work, it was a mass congregation o' bairns fae all over, Jam.

All the different sports, doon the big cundies and into the sewers, dens in the ald hooses, oot to the berries for some pocket money and to terrorise the animals. The berries were great during the Glasgow Fair.........the wee Glasgow lassies would be dressed up to the nines and sashaying doon the berry dreels like they were the catwalks of Paris or Milan. Awww man......I loved those days!!!
Aye now just great memories SP but they were the best days of ma life no worries fears just run aboot daft chap door run and various other forms of torture we inflicted in the Auld greetin faced cnuts in the streets picking fruits
Liked Strawbs hated gooseberries the dirty Hun of fruits.
we had the Edinburgh trades the wummin
We’re good fruit pickers we’ll leave it there
Hearts broken at least we had fitba
Great days great memories

HH 😂👏

Back