SPFL a farmers league?

Had the discussion about this exact topic with my mate today (chelsea fan). I was discussing the possibility of ntcham swapping the chance to become immortal, as part of the team that won the 10, with making a bit more cash and less recognition at Brighton. I asked my mate would he rather be known for 100 years all over the world or be an also ran that no one will remember in 10 years. After having to educate him on the size of the celtic support worldwide (he had no idea) I had to listen to him telling me that it would be boring for the players at celtic...i was asked would I rather play against de bruyne or McTavish from Ross County. I told him I'd rather be playing for one of the biggest clubs on the world in front of 60000 fans and being idolised than idolising my opponent. He then told me the scottish league is shite. I asked him how many scottish games he had caught over the years.....exactly...fuck all. I told him he should maybe have a wee watch...yes we havent got a league full of barcas and PSGs but we do have a league full of players that play because they love the game and just want to play...unlike his shitty league full of money grabbing journeymen who give no fucks about which jersey they pull on and which fans they represent. Its not their fault though. Their game has been destroyed. Their bragging rights a created on the back of who has spent more money, not by the trophies they've won.
It is a sad state of affairs what has happened to the game especially in England and I'd also say since the premier league's inception. Sure , money was already corrupting the game (I can still remember well that jaw dropping moment when Napoli paid £4 million for Maradona) but now years later it's not just a sport , same can be said for other sports. It has become an occupation first for many players and a sport second. I also dont blame players for wanting to earn huge amounts of cash. The English premier league however is held up to be the pinnacle of the game worldwide (so the English would have us believe) and its simply not the case. The German Bundesliga has been consistently the most attended division for years. Deludamol it seems is rife down south as well. If it were true that the EPL was the best standard in the world then it would naturally follow that the worlds best players would play there (of course many do) but the very best often dont, the likes of messi, Lewandowski, neymar , you would think these players would be knocking at their agents door for a move to England and yet they are not. The opposite usually occurs, the best often prove themselves in the EPL and move on to Spain, like Ronaldo leaving man utd for real Madrid or Suarez leaving liverpool for Barcelona. The climate of course plays a part as does the character and desires of the individual but only now that messi is edging nearer the later stages of his golden career is he considering a move to England reportedly. Neymar went with the money, Lewandowski for the glory that Bayern could offer. Pogba cant leave quick enough. It is a fantastic league no question about that but in my mind the EPL has failed to deliver its potential on the European stage apart from a few seasons it's never dominated like it did in the 80s. Ok its probably true that no countries league will ever dominate Europe like that again. Liverpool, forest and villa between them something like 8 seasons in a row English European champions pre-heysel . These days European football is the plaything of Arabian princes and playboy born privileged billionaires each trying to out-do the other, €200 million for neymar , €700 million release clause for a 33 year old messi its ridiculous and something has to give. Its obscene, geis oor ba' back the games a hijacked bogey. When Celtic spending £5 million on ajeti, a guy who cant get a game for west ham doesnt raise eyebrows you know somethings not right.

It is a sad state of affairs what has happened to the game especially in England and I'd also say since the premier league's inception. Sure , money was already corrupting the game (I can still remember well that jaw dropping moment when Napoli paid £4 million for Maradona) but now years later it's not just a sport , same can be said for other sports. It has become an occupation first for many players and a sport second. I also dont blame players for wanting to earn huge amounts of cash. The English premier league however is held up to be the pinnacle of the game worldwide (so the English would have us believe) and its simply not the case. The German Bundesliga has been consistently the most attended division for years. Deludamol it seems is rife down south as well. If it were true that the EPL was the best standard in the world then it would naturally follow that the worlds best players would play there (of course many do) but the very best often dont, the likes of messi, Lewandowski, neymar , you would think these players would be knocking at their agents door for a move to England and yet they are not. The opposite usually occurs, the best often prove themselves in the EPL and move on to Spain, like Ronaldo leaving man utd for real Madrid or Suarez leaving liverpool for Barcelona. The climate of course plays a part as does the character and desires of the individual but only now that messi is edging nearer the later stages of his golden career is he considering a move to England reportedly. Neymar went with the money, Lewandowski for the glory that Bayern could offer. Pogba cant leave quick enough. It is a fantastic league no question about that but in my mind the EPL has failed to deliver its potential on the European stage apart from a few seasons it's never dominated like it did in the 80s. Ok its probably true that no countries league will ever dominate Europe like that again. Liverpool, forest and villa between them something like 8 seasons in a row English European champions pre-heysel . These days European football is the plaything of Arabian princes and playboy born privileged billionaires each trying to out-do the other, €200 million for neymar , €700 million release clause for a 33 year old messi its ridiculous and something has to give. Its obscene, geis oor ba' back the games a hijacked bogey. When Celtic spending £5 million on ajeti, a guy who cant get a game for west ham doesnt raise eyebrows you know somethings not right.
Brilliant Winter,maybe this virus will be the catalyst that bursts the financially doped league that is the EPL!

The Premier League has ended a major contract with Chinese streaming service PPTV. The three-season deal is worth around $650 million. PPTV withheld a payment of £160 million ($213 million) for coverage of the 2019/20 season that was due in March, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.
First cracks appearing maybe 🍺 🥳

Brilliant Winter,maybe this virus will be the catalyst that bursts the financially doped league that is the EPL!

The Premier League has ended a major contract with Chinese streaming service PPTV. The three-season deal is worth around $650 million. PPTV withheld a payment of £160 million ($213 million) for coverage of the 2019/20 season that was due in March, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.
First cracks appearing maybe 🍺 🥳
Hope so, it wouldn't hurt either if oil and fossil fuels were suddenly made redundant by a clean, efficient and free energy source making these princes and global companies do a u-turn and start counting their pennies rather than throwing them into whatever sport peakes their interest. Hopefully just in time for when man city or PSG win the champions league, congratulations heres a million barrels of crude oil 👏👏

Members online

Latest posts

Back