St Johnstone v Celtic - all comments here

Frustrating to watch,at times we were overhitting the ball trying to force it . St Johnstone are well drilled to defend and that big keeper keeps them in it a lot of the time always a hard game with them although they were too busy concentrating on defending to make it as physical as they normally do

We would have lost this game last season.The spirit in this team is fantastic,They fight for every ball and play for 90 mins, When you think a player is having an off day up he pops and does a bit of magic and helps a goal or scores.Superb 3 points and put us on further in our quest for 8 in a row.??

Thought Touljan looked steady when he came on and at least he can get a cross in jf was quiet until the first goal but the 2nd goal was excellent play by Callum and the finish sublime
Got felling Weah will score for fun once he' up to speed

What is it with injuries. That was a terrible foul on Eddy. WTF was Walker talking about, a foul anywhere else? I had to rewind and listen to him again. It was a penalty all day long, as was Burke’s.

Frustrating for a long time but I thought we would score. What a relief when it arrived. Weah made great impact and am delighted he removed a few doubts about him. He will now get a longer run if Forrest is out, apart from injuries was disappointed big Ajer blotted his performance with a stupid mistake that we have made in the past. Reinforces for me the definite need for CB’s in the summer as at a higher level in Europe that type of thing has cost us dear.

3 points is all that matters though. Hopefully the Dons can do Sevco and we will go 9 clear of them. Another delight was thinking about the huns getting all excited we would drop points, then balls parted.

Hope big Eddy and Forrest are ok. We need them both for Valencia. HH

KB saying it wasn't a penalty. His face was getting redder and redder. Either that or it was his blood pressure.

We should've had 2 today. The challenge on Burke was as clear cut a penalty as the one on Eddy but as is always the case within Scottish football the definition of a penalty changes depending on the colour of your jersey.

Getting sick to the back teeth of these fucking refs, maybe Celtic should come out all guns blazing about these 2 decisions, you never know they might go on strike again and do us all a fucking favour.

HH.

Just watched the replay on CelticTV.

Looks like Eddy, Forrest, and probably Christie are going to be out for a while. Hopefully none too serious. Exhibit 3,472 why we need better officiating.

Ajer’s red card was silly. Denying clear goal scoring opportunity as the player was through on goal. No sense in appealing it — better to miss Wednesday’s match than miss the cup game next week. We can win the Treble if we lose on Wed, but not if we lose on Sunday.

Great result given the injuries,had me thinking about the season going forward,can you imagine when toljan is settled,kt,benkovich,boyata,rogic,nitcham and hopefully griffiths all return,those guys alongside weah etc,i think the title is in safe hands hail hail

Just watched the replay on CelticTV.

Looks like Eddy, Forrest, and probably Christie are going to be out for a while. Hopefully none too serious. Exhibit 3,472 why we need better officiating.

Ajer’s red card was silly. Denying clear goal scoring opportunity as the player was through on goal. No sense in appealing it — better to miss Wednesday’s match than miss the cup game next week. We can win the Treble if we lose on Wed, but not if we lose on Sunday.
Nae chance ae losin tae St.Johnstone at hame m8 in Cup, THEY cannot defend better than that raday! If Boyata is available wd DEFO appeal or play Bitton aganest Hibs who are PISH!!

Just realised that no one, either on sky and surprisingly here too seems to think the kick on Christie immediately before the one on Edouard was a pen too? The defender was genuinely trying to clear the ball but in taking a swing and a miss boots Christie in the chest. Accidental or not it's a foul.
Just me?

Members online

Latest posts

Back