St Johnstone v Celtic - all comments here

Just realised that no one, either on sky and surprisingly here too seems to think the kick on Christie immediately before the one on Edouard was a pen too? The defender was genuinely trying to clear the ball but in taking a swing and a miss boots Christie in the chest. Accidental or not it's a foul.
Just me?

Said the same at the,time foul on Ryan so penalty, was overlooked because of the Eddy one I think.

I'd go for match abandoned in the 93rd minute when Celtic are 2-0 due to a penguin

It's snowing heavy in Dundee, just stopped though and sky is clearing.

Should be OK if it stays off
no self-respecting biscuit would get a football match postponed !!! Why ever would you say such a thing.

Just realised that no one, either on sky and surprisingly here too seems to think the kick on Christie immediately before the one on Edouard was a pen too? The defender was genuinely trying to clear the ball but in taking a swing and a miss boots Christie in the chest. Accidental or not it's a foul.
Just me?

I did mention on this thread when it happened parky that it should have been a pen...getting kicked square in the gut while going for the ball is a penalty

Just me?

Definite penalty. Stewart and Thomson both said it was a penalty on Sportscene earlier tonight.

Apart from his goal i thought wee Forrest was poor today ,would've took him off and kept Burke on the park

Thinking the same the last few matches and wondering if the several whacks he has to take a match, have pushed him back a bit. Understandable as the refs give him little to no protection.
Same with Paddy.
Great thing about Burke is the thugs are going to know they are more likely to damage themselves against a barn door coming at them at speed.

Thinking the same the last few matches and wondering if the several whacks he has to take a match, have pushed him back a bit. Understandable as the refs give him little to no protection.
Same with Paddy.
Great thing about Burke is the thugs are going to know they are more likely to damage themselves against a barn door coming at them at speed.
Could be Jim?Too fast for the hammer throwers.First part of last season he was a stick on for player of the year then his form dipped hopefully he can step it up again.Thought Burke played well today ,always runs into space and looks eager to get the ball.Impressed with him so far .HH ☘

“He’s a wonderful kid, comes in and creates a goal. I think the last goal shows the desire of the team if you watch Callum McGregor and Scotty Sinclair.

I hope BR plays back the goals from today and sees something a little different to how the goals were actually scored against a brick wall defence.

BR should watch Sinclairs lack of committed movement! not just picking on him but Eddie can be guilty of it, so can Forrest all our forwards line can be too predictable and slow in too many matches this season.

Thankfully, Burke and Weah have come in and shown that direct and committed is the way to break through any defence for a chance.
Just look at Weah committing and showing where to place the ball as Sinclair thinks the job is for someone else to pass to him!

Watch the second as Weah makes a pass to the wing and then makes up a couple of yards on Sinclair and goes past him into a space to able to score! so maybe watch and think again BR before blanket merit!

Sinclair is Celtic class, a very good player in there, but he needs to show he is better than he has been consistently, His recent stats look great but only a couple of the 8 recent goals did he actually make himself, the others were tap ins, and he missed as many if not more, the incident today where Christie and Eddie got injured being committed, watch as he does not go fully in and hits the ball straight at their goalie when he should have driven the ball in with belief! To be fair at least he was there to tap them in more recently, but you'd have to wonder is it the threat of Weah that has pushed him more than anything from within, he is still not positive enough about his own obvious ability at this level.

Last edited:
The Lanarkshire (Refs) select will probably be having an emergency (Ludge) meeting tonight on why wee willie didn't get the 3 points for them!!
I take it he doesn't understand a nod is as good as wink to a blind horse?

Anyone But Celtic
Has Collum refereed any hun games since the huns complained or is he barred from hun games now? Imagine a club in any other league deciding who is allowed to referee its matches.

Has Collum refereed any hun games since the huns complained or is he barred from hun games now? Imagine a club in any other league deciding who is allowed to referee its matches.

No !
It is part of the new rules of the SFA that if the GASL asks for a ref to be excluded from Sevco games then the rules are retrospectively changed to make this so .
Just like rewriting their history to show a 7 year old club 'going for 55 league titles '. Simples !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back