St Johnstone v Celtic - Auld McDermid's Farm, Sunday 12 noon

Gary67

Live on Sky Sports Main Event & Football channels.
Ange said at pre match press conference that it'll be the same squad as Wednesday. Ralston back training but still not ready, Siegrist still injured. Can't see many, if any, changes. Maybe Mooy will come back for O'Riley.

Hart
Johnston CCV Starfelt Taylor
Mooy McGregor Hatate
Jota Kyogo Maeda
Subs Bain Kobayashi O'Riley Turnbull Iwata Abada Haksabanovic Oh Forrest

Going for 7 clean sheets in a row. 3-0 win

Hart
Hatate CalMac O’Riley
Jota OH Maeda
Heavy pitch expected at Saints
4-1 Docco Bridie braces
Lubo square go With a real Tim oor Classiless Clay
Oh to open his account and O’Riley thunderbolt
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Breaking news Lubo wins Clay runs ti Ipox

Last edited:
Hart
Hatate CalMac O’Riley
Jota OH Maeda
Heavy pitch expected at Saints
4-1 Docco Bridie braces
Lubo square go With a real Tim oor Classiless Clay
Oh to open his account and O’Riley thunderbolt
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Oh right...forgot about Clatty Clay and his offer of a 'square go' outside the gates of McDiarmid Park
Stevie May's ponytail to get a penalty
And the Hoops to win 3-1
HH

Let’s hope Taylor has shown the way and others follow suit with his excellent strike during the week…..Calmac, Hatate, Jota, Mooy, Abada…..they’re all more than capable of scoring from outside the box.

It’s especially something we should be doing more of when playing against packed defences imo…

Let’s hope Taylor has shown the way and others follow suit with his excellent strike during the week…..Calmac, Hatate, Jota, Mooy, Abada…..they’re all more than capable of scoring from outside the box.

It’s especially something we should be doing more of when playing against packed defences imo…
I wonder if Taylor would have taken that shot on if he hadn't just been flattened off the ball? I got the impression he had his dander up when he sprang to his feet and used his anger very positively. I'd like to see us have a few more shots from about 20 yards out against these packed penalty boxes. These low driven blasts can be flicked or diverted past the goalie by colleagues or opponents.

I took some flack on here a few summers back when I suggested buying Taylor and it did take him a bit of time to get up to our standards through shear hard work and dedication.

Playing inverted full back for Ange is one of the most difficult and demanding positions to play, so I'm delighted we have 4 wonderful players in our first team squad, who can all become even better. Taylor is a huge presence in the dressing room and has developed into one of our most important players. Well done to the Baker.

I wonder if Taylor would have taken that shot on if he hadn't just been flattened off the ball? I got the impression he had his dander up when he sprang to his feet and used his anger very positively. I'd like to see us have a few more shots from about 20 yards out against these packed penalty boxes. These low driven blasts can be flicked or diverted past the goalie by colleagues or opponents.

I took some flack on here a few summers back when I suggested buying Taylor and it did take him a bit of time to get up to our standards through shear hard work and dedication.

Playing inverted full back for Ange is one of the most difficult and demanding positions to play, so I'm delighted we have 4 wonderful players in our first team squad, who can all become even better. Taylor is a huge presence in the dressing room and has developed into one of our most important players. Well done to the Baker.
Think it something the whole team need to adopt back in the day we had Bobby Murdoch and Tommy Gemmel thier shots from outside the box were great Bobby Lennox and wee Bertie were never afraid to have a go it a skill we see less and less the attitude seems to be to walk it in a pity really to see a shot from outside the box hit the top corner of the net is a joy to watch

Think it something the whole team need to adopt back in the day we had Bobby Murdoch and Tommy Gemmel thier shots from outside the box were great Bobby Lennox and wee Bertie were never afraid to have a go it a skill we see less and less the attitude seems to be to walk it in a pity really to see a shot from outside the box hit the top corner of the net is a joy to watch
We know Greg, Reo, Jota & CalMac have good shots on them. Fire the ball in low and hard from just outside a packed box. Something we rarely attempt for some reason.

Members online

Latest posts

Back